Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

(Image credit: @cjzero)

We have just confirmed with 2K Sports, NBA 2K15 will have Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O'Neal. Unfortunately, it will not feature Inside the NBA.

You can watch this quick video clip of Ernie Johnson at 2K Uncensored, talking about what it was like to be on the NBA 2K15 motion capture set with Shaq. He also provides his best "Shaq impression".

No other details were revealed to us. So we don't know exactly how the duo will be utilized. We hope to hear more later this week.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/20/14 11:18 AM
This is a welcomed addition.

# 42 kgbrolic @ 08/20/14 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Can someone please tell me why Barkley is so adamant?
This. Why is it so difficult to get him in the game? Sheesh..

# 43 Jakeness23 @ 08/20/14 11:43 AM
What would be cool is if they had a few different networks like TNT, NBATV, and a generic to replace ESPN for the regular season and got ABC for the playoffs. It may be really expensive, but you gotta admit how cool that'd be.

# 44 23 @ 08/20/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
This. Why is it so difficult to get him in the game? Sheesh..
Because not everyone cares to be in a game as much as you want them too.

We've had this convo about chuck before.

# 45 soxnut1018 @ 08/20/14 11:59 AM

# 46 Gramps91 @ 08/20/14 12:19 PM
I think this is pretty cool. Obviously would have been better if Barkely and Kenny had been in too but this is still an improvement

# 47 Bolt957 @ 08/20/14 12:42 PM
Could they not have gotten Chris Webber? He does Inside the NBA sometimes, plus in-game commentary.

# 48 Ninomarley @ 08/20/14 01:00 PM
wait?

# 49 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/20/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Shaq annoys me most the time and is not really funny to me but can throw a zinger or 2 here and there. Need Chuck and Kenny in on this, maaannnn.
Shaq is too funny

# 50 TexasFan2005 @ 08/20/14 02:35 PM
Can't help but feel like 2k is inching their way closer to a TNT license. Maybe some day...

# 51 statum71 @ 08/20/14 02:57 PM
Still cool.

# 52 RocketTMac1 @ 08/20/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
Could they not have gotten Chris Webber? He does Inside the NBA sometimes, plus in-game commentary.
That death sentence shouldn't be put on any man. I can't express how much I can't stand Chris Webber in the studio or on commentary. The guy rips on guys who did the same things he did when he was in the league I'd take Jalen Rose over Chris Webber.

# 53 VDusen04 @ 08/20/14 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
That death sentence shouldn't be put on any man. I can't express how much I can't stand Chris Webber in the studio or on commentary. The guy rips on guys who did the same things he did when he was in the league I'd take Jalen Rose over Chris Webber.
Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I would prefer an honest analysis from a former player, even if they were guilty of making mistakes themselves when they played. I feel it would be a little bizarre if analysts, coaches, and whoever else were deemed unable to point out or analyze anything they themselves may have done in the past.

For instance, I'm a mediocre basketball player who sometimes has a penchant for putting my head down and forcing a drive to the paint when it's not there. However, I do not believe that should nullify me (if I were an analyst or coach) from being able to point out when James Harden partakes in the same endeavor.

That said, I respect your displeasure of Webber as an analyst. We all have different opinions on the matter. In my case, for starters, I find Mike Breen highly unfavorable in the booth.

# 54 Indiana Trece @ 08/20/14 03:26 PM
The way Ernie explains it, it sounds like they might be having something similar to Inside the NBA. Maybe it will be something very similar and they just didn't get the license to call it Inside the NBA? That would be fine with me. I also hope they brought in a new guy or two for in-game commentary.

# 55 jayman504 @ 08/20/14 03:27 PM
Perhaps.....

# 56 stillfeelme @ 08/20/14 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Trece
The way Ernie explains it, it sounds like they might be having something similar to Inside the NBA. Maybe it will be something very similar and they just didn't get the license to call it Inside the NBA? That would be fine with me. I also hope they brought in a new guy or two for in-game commentary.
This is the first step of a true half time show, with a real announcer motion captured for 2K sports title in a long long time. 10 years since 2K5 football. So we have to take some steps to get there but this is a stepup.

To me Inside the NBA without Chuck's ramblings and then proceeding to go off script, and ripping teams, players, coaches and fans just isn't Inside the NBA. It actually might have to be forced to get them motion captured and voiced to how it happens on the show. Now it would be hilarious if 2K can capture that but I am still happy if we get highlights from our games and other games say in MyLeague.

# 57 cthurt @ 08/20/14 04:31 PM
How upset would you guys be if we learn that they will only be featured in mycareer adding to the storyline of that mode rather then it being added to every mode to increase the overall presentation of the game with a new pre and post game show or a new halftime show.

# 58 23 @ 08/20/14 04:43 PM
No need for what ifs. That's not the case

# 59 videlsports @ 08/20/14 04:49 PM
SO Far Im cool with It, Maybe soon they will Have the whole Crew. Or get their affiliate NBA TV, Webber, Smith, Shaq, Ernie, Barkley, Magic, and Vince.

# 60 BA2929 @ 08/20/14 04:59 PM
I'm wondering if they'll be a part of a halftime, pre/post shows. Could be anything really.

Whatever it is, I'm happy for it. Huge fan of Ernie. Any addition of him into a video game is superb.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.