Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

(Image credit: @cjzero)

We have just confirmed with 2K Sports, NBA 2K15 will have Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O'Neal. Unfortunately, it will not feature Inside the NBA.

You can watch this quick video clip of Ernie Johnson at 2K Uncensored, talking about what it was like to be on the NBA 2K15 motion capture set with Shaq. He also provides his best "Shaq impression".

No other details were revealed to us. So we don't know exactly how the duo will be utilized. We hope to hear more later this week.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jakeness23 @ 08/20/14 05:33 PM
All I ask for Presentation is for Clark Kellogg to be gone. I've honestly only ever heard him commentate on NCAA games. IMO, he's not a very good real-life commentator and an even worse video game commentator. Kerr is obviously gone so I'm wondering what other duos they could possibly have, if Ernie and Shaq are (possibly) only doing pregame, halftime, and postgame?

# 62 Trackball @ 08/20/14 05:35 PM
To keep it simple...

It's a good start.

# 63 Cripterion @ 08/20/14 05:47 PM
Was quite funny seeing everyone jump to conclusions in the previous thread. When did you see 2K make big strides in their game since they have no competition?

Well at least we get a decent pc version which I'm thankful for (although should be the ****ing norm).

# 64 Leftos @ 08/20/14 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripterion
When did you see 2K make big strides in their game since they have no competition?
I know, right?!

# 65 jdareal21 @ 08/20/14 06:10 PM
And just like that.....DEFLATION!! Lol, seriously, it sucks but I still have hopes for a decent pre/post game presentation, along with Halftime. I still don't know why the NBA brand never caught up to what they did with NFL 2K5, and it's not about having licenses. Hell, they could even bring back the imaginary guys they used to have like Peter O'Keefe or whatever his name was, use all 2K logos and wipes in a imaginary studio and it would still be great. I just hope they utilize Shaq & Ernie in some sort of capacity close to that...

# 66 basehead617 @ 08/20/14 06:42 PM
Everyone would stop watching the halftime show after your first few times, no matter how "good" it was.. keeping in mind the limitations of video games.. can't expect them to put a lot of time into that.. people just want to play. You want them to spend a million dollars-plus or something on that?

Also NFL 2K5 presentation wasn't good, the highlights were the same few pre-set things no matter what game it was supposedly talking about. I'd rather have nothing than that. There was almost no script for Berman.. etc etc. Rose colored glasses.

# 67 Cripterion @ 08/20/14 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I know, right?!
Sorry Leftos but you can't have me believe that 2K is under constant pressure to upgrade the game because they have such crazy competition.
NBA Live is pretty much dead as of now, so even though 2K is pretty good, it has been pretty stagnant imo just like Fifa has been for a couple of years now.
Removing, adding features, non working online, same complaints every year and so on.

A TNT deal for the presentation would have been a lot of work yes and quite the change imo. Maybe the stuff you guys put with Earnie and Shaq is substential and I'll be proven wrong come release but I always try not to get my hopes up. Works better than way (ex : was surprised PC version is finally up to snuff this year )

EDIT : also when I mean change, I'm not just talking about presentation but see Lakers24 thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ersion-me.html for what 2K needs, and that's a lot of work I know.

# 68 Leftos @ 08/20/14 06:55 PM
Quote:
Sorry Leftos but you can't have me believe that 2K is under constant pressure to upgrade the game because they have such crazy competition.
You assume that we need competition to push ourselves to do great, bold things.

We do not.

# 69 RocketTMac1 @ 08/20/14 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I would prefer an honest analysis from a former player, even if they were guilty of making mistakes themselves when they played. I feel it would be a little bizarre if analysts, coaches, and whoever else were deemed unable to point out or analyze anything they themselves may have done in the past.

For instance, I'm a mediocre basketball player who sometimes has a penchant for putting my head down and forcing a drive to the paint when it's not there. However, I do not believe that should nullify me (if I were an analyst or coach) from being able to point out when James Harden partakes in the same endeavor.

That said, I respect your displeasure of Webber as an analyst. We all have different opinions on the matter. In my case, for starters, I find Mike Breen highly unfavorable in the booth.
In terms of players I would prefer Reggie Miller, Chuck, Kenny, Brent Barry etc before Webber. I have no problem with guys who have done things and call out guys who have done things. I love Cris Carter and he does that. But he takes responsibility for it and says "I went through this and it's stupid". Webber just buries the guys and never say anything like Cris does.

# 70 Crystar500 @ 08/20/14 07:08 PM
I think it'd be cool to see Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg every now and then too, maybe when the game ends or right after halftime. Just cut to them on the sideline chatting for a little bit, like they do in real games sometimes.

I agree with an above post, if Doris Burke is going to be doing on-court interviews, her outfit needs to be randomized. And she needs gray hair if we get to year 80 of MyLEAGUE, lol.

Ernie and Shaq is great for now! I guess Damon Bruce will not be doing as much now, though...

# 71 Junior Moe @ 08/20/14 07:18 PM
Never understood the Clark Kellogg hate. He sounds pretty good in game next to Kevin, IMO. I love the addition of Shaq and Ernie. After the gamescome videos, I wasn't expecting anything new this year regarding presentation. Hopefully they provide the jolt the broadcast jolt NBA 2k has been missing. I have no doubt that 2K will utilize them effectively.

# 72 Goffs @ 08/20/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
Was quite funny seeing everyone jump to conclusions in the previous thread. When did you see 2K make big strides in their game since they have no competition?
I'm sorry but this is just stupid....they made a hell of a stride for next gen last year. For something that was a first year on next gen consoles that was pretty impressive. They made 2 games last year to, one for old gen and the one that wowed everyone when they showed the trailer.

# 73 Cripterion @ 08/20/14 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I'm sorry but this is just stupid....they made a hell of a stride for next gen last year. For something that was a first year on next gen consoles that was pretty impressive. They made 2 games last year to, one for old gen and the one that wowed everyone when they showed the trailer.
The trailer wowed, like every year. Then the game dropped and the complaints ensued. Are you telling me the ****fest that was 2K14 with VC everywhere was in anyway acceptable? That was something that 2K didn't need at all yet they put it in the game along with the park that I never got to play cause it was unplayable.

I praise 2K when it needs to be praised but I'm sorry, I don't feel the game has been making these big advances when we have older versions that are better than the current offerings.

I'm hoping for all that to change with 2K15 but can't be 100% sure.

# 74 Vni @ 08/20/14 07:36 PM
What has this got to do with Ernie Johnson and Shaq though ?

# 75 Cripterion @ 08/20/14 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Got a bit sidetracked there. My original point was that TNT integration would have been nice.

# 76 Goffs @ 08/20/14 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Absolutely nothing...always takes one guy to derail a thread because he has some issue that has nothing to do with the topic.

OT: Why can't they mocap Harlan and Kellogg? It's time that these guys get a model for the game to.

Madden got there commentary guys modelled.

# 77 23 @ 08/20/14 07:49 PM
Tnt would be nice and its needed but let's stop acting like getting a turner sports license is the same as downloading a 99cent song from amazon music

# 78 Vni @ 08/20/14 07:57 PM
Personnaly I don't really care if they ever get tnt rights or not as long as they go for a realistic feel as far as presentation go.

# 79 Cripterion @ 08/20/14 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Absolutely nothing...always takes one guy to derail a thread because he has some issue that has nothing to do with the topic.

OT: Why can't they mocap Harlan and Kellogg? It's time that these guys get a model for the game to.

Madden got there commentary guys modelled.
I went on a tangent I agree but what I said wasn't wrong...

In any case, they could also use these guys like they're doing on NHL15 instead of modeling them.

# 80 Desolationmike @ 08/20/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
In any case, they could also use these guys like they're doing on NHL15 instead of modeling them.

Please, No. I hate having real people in a game, too many bad Sega CD memories. we have the technology to make realistic looking human models in game, why kill the immersion with video of the actual people? That's all IMO obviously.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.