Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Early access to Madden NFL 15 arrives tomorrow at noon EST for EA Access subscribers, giving you six hours of gameplay.

The six hour timer starts while the game is running and pauses when you exit.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thomguy123 @ 08/20/14 11:49 PM
6 whole hours! Wow!

# 2 McG @ 08/20/14 11:51 PM
Don't forget to actually exit out of the app, or you playing for 30 minutes will turn into your whole 6 hours. So shady, why couldn't they have just given us the 3 days like on Season Ticket?

# 3 Reed1417 @ 08/21/14 12:06 AM
Well good. Least I know I can start downloading it while I'm at work with Smartglass I assume.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 4 homeycool @ 08/21/14 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Early access to Madden NFL 15 arrives tomorrow at noon EST for EA Access subscribers, giving you six hours of gameplay.

The six hour timer starts while the game is running and pauses when you exit.
The tweet said that the roll out starts at 9 ET and would continue throughout the day. I'm guessing that what time its available on each user's individual XBox will vary, maybe even significantly.

@EAAccess
The Madden NFL 15 trial drops tomorrow morning for EA Access members, starting at 9am PT and rolls out across the globe throughout the day.

# 5 Steve_OS @ 08/21/14 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
The tweet said that the roll out starts at 9 ET and would continue throughout the day. I'm guessing that what time its available on each user's individual XBox will vary, maybe even significantly.

@EAAccess
The Madden NFL 15 trial drops tomorrow morning for EA Access members, starting at 9am PT and rolls out across the globe throughout the day.
9 AM PT is noon EST. Not sure I'm following what you are tying to say.

# 6 therealsmallville @ 08/21/14 12:33 AM
After the 6 hours are up & it locks, hopefully we'll be able to just unlock it again on Tuesday by purchasing it digitally. I really don't want to d/l the full game twice.

# 7 8and9 @ 08/21/14 12:40 AM
I feel sorry for the people that don't know about closing out the game, I can see people even more furious tomorrow. EA should add that note to their news ticker.

# 8 homeycool @ 08/21/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm buying digital, using the 10% off, and I'm really hoping that by taking advantage of the 6-hour "early access" that it basically acts like a pre-load...when Xbox Live lets me pay at 12:01am on the 26th, I REALLY don't want to have to wait and re-download the entire game again.

Could someone with EA's ear maybe ask them on twitter? After I download it tomorrow morning, do I have to re-download on Tuesday or does it just unlock what is already on my hard drive?

Just checked the EA Access FAQ and it looks using EA Access to play Madden early is basically pre-downloading the game.

Quote:
What is the difference between a demo and an EA Access trial?

Demos are stand-alone chunks of the game meant to give you a taste, but they don’t provide the full experience. When you play a trial through EA Access, you are playing the real game for a limited time, five days before the release date. And if you buy the game once it releases, you don’t need to download or install anything; you can just pick up where you left off and keep playing.

# 9 McG @ 08/21/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
After the 6 hours are up & it locks, hopefully we'll be able to just unlock it again on Tuesday by purchasing it digitally. I really don't want to d/l the full game twice.
Exactly, that would be so annoying. Wondering if the game will come out at midnight for the Digital DL when the game comes out for everyone. Or if we will have to wait until some weird time that day. If so, I'll just get it from Gamestop and deal with the midnight release hell. Anyone know when Digital games have come out in the past? Is it midnight?

# 10 satchmykels @ 08/21/14 12:44 AM
6 hours??? What a joke.

# 11 Find_the_Door @ 08/21/14 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Exactly, that would be so annoying. Wondering if the game will come out at midnight for the Digital DL when the game comes out for everyone. Or if we will have to wait until some weird time that day. If so, I'll just get it from Gamestop and deal with the midnight release hell. Anyone know when Digital games have come out in the past? Is it midnight?
I know on PS4 us West Coasters get the digital copy three hours early at 9 PM Pacific time.

# 12 SladeWilson @ 08/21/14 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
12 midnight PT, 3am Est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I know on PS4 us West Coasters get the digital copy three hours early at 9 PM Pacific time.
No you don't. PS4 games unlock at midnight PT and 3am on the east coast.

# 13 homeycool @ 08/21/14 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
9 AM PT is noon EST. Not sure I'm following what you are tying to say.
The way I understand it, it will not be available to download for most starting at 12 EST (9 PT) but rather that is when it will start rolling out to select users, continuing throughout the day. So while some users might be able to download it right away, others may have to wait longer before they have the ability to download it.

This is just based off of the one tweet, I have no other information. The reason I think it will arrive to users in stages is the last statement in the tweet saying that it "rolls out across the globe throughout the day".

# 14 Gorilla Glass @ 08/21/14 12:54 AM
Quote:
The way I understand it, it will not be available to download for most starting at 12 EST (9 PT) but rather that is when it will start rolling out to select users, continuing throughout the day. So while some users might be able to download it right away, others may have to wait longer before they have the ability to download it.

Again this is just based off of the one tweet. I have no other information to base it off. The reason I think it will arrive to users in stages is the last statement in the tweet saying that it "rolls out across the globe throughout the day".
Yeah I wad wondering about that when I initially saw the tweet.

Is it being released in 'waves' per time zone or by country/ continent?

# 15 Steve_OS @ 08/21/14 02:27 AM
Quote:

This is just based off of the one tweet, I have no other information. The reason I think it will arrive to users in stages is the last statement in the tweet saying that it "rolls out across the globe throughout the day".

Ahhhh. Yes, that could be the case. Guess we find out later today. Good catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 MarkWilliam @ 08/21/14 02:58 AM
What about Australia? Can we have it at the same time? Oz release date is 28/08/14.....

# 17 MAGboyswifT27 @ 08/21/14 03:54 AM
I'm glad I didn't get this. I actually tried to get it but it didn't work out, thank you Gaming gods! Lol For those of you that have it, hopefully it plays out well..

# 18 cokill @ 08/21/14 09:38 AM
Is there a way to download while away from your xbox one?

# 19 sevencent @ 08/21/14 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokill
Is there a way to download while away from your xbox one?
I don't believe so

# 20 DeuceZeroz @ 08/21/14 11:04 AM
Install is available for me. Start trying it out now everyone.

You can also pre purchase under madden 15 bundle. $53.99.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.