Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Early access to Madden NFL 15 has arrived for EA Access subscribers.

Exclusive to Xbox One users, EA Access subscribers get six hours of gameplay. So make sure you close out of the app when it's not in use. The timer starts when you start the game and pauses when you exit and close the app.

UPDATE: EA Access subscribers can download it, but can't actually play it. We will update when they get it working...

UPDATE #2: Just received this Twitter response from EA Access.

UPDATE #3: Everything works now, post your impressions in the new post.

Quote:
Hey Steve, we're aware of an issue with the trial. Microsoft is working on a fix. We'll make sure everyone gets their full time.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 SiNsinNatti @ 08/21/14 03:02 PM
I feel the customers that are disappointed do have all right to be. EA Access could have been done better. I hope the actual gameplay outweighs these last 2 mistakes.

# 202 SladeWilson @ 08/21/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

I'm paying them. It should work.
It should, but it doesnt always. Thats the unfortunate downside with technology like this. They aren't physically handing you something, theres a lot of moving parts.

I mean I get the frustration. This is the first time in years iv been legit excited for a Madden and I wanna play the thing. Iv got Access like the rest of you, iv got the game downloaded on my console. But theres nothing we can do, other than let EA and MS know whats up, which we all have.

# 203 thakaliway @ 08/21/14 03:05 PM
How much longer till we can play?

# 204 fightingirish595 @ 08/21/14 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
They clearly stated it would be the full game for a limited time.
was it stupid to assume that limited time meant unlimited access until release just like season ticket, i think its obvious they kept the 6 hour thing a secret because they knew people thought it would be like season ticket

# 205 B1MM3R @ 08/21/14 03:09 PM
50 mbps with cox.

# 206 McG @ 08/21/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeWilson
It should, but it doesnt always. Thats the unfortunate downside with technology like this. They aren't physically handing you something, theres a lot of moving parts.

I mean I get the frustration. This is the first time in years iv been legit excited for a Madden and I wanna play the thing. Iv got Access like the rest of you, iv got the game downloaded on my console. But theres nothing we can do, other than let EA and MS know whats up, which we all have.
Hey I have a question for you. If you pay for milk, do you get milk? If you pay for gas, do you get gas? If you pay for a car, do you get a car? You see where I'm going with this. If you go to the store and pay for something, you get it or get a replacement and/or your money back. How are video games any different?

Flat out, we have paid for this and I'VE wanted to play this game for awhile. I can deal with the fact that under "member benefits" on the XBOX ONE App it says we have 5 days to play the game and it's really only 6hrs. How can you defend paying for service and not receiving it? I'm not even mad, at this point I'm laughing, but still I'm annoyed just like the majority of people who paid for this and can't play.

# 207 EASPORTS_AJ @ 08/21/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
Hey guys. We are aware of the issues some users are experiencing attempting to download the trial through EA Access subscriptions, and we are working with MS to resolve it. Please be sure to follow @EAAccess on Twitter for all the latest updates.

Thanks for your patience.
By the way, everyone will still get their full allotment of time on the trial. The delays to this working will not affect that. You will all get your play time.

# 208 MizzouRah @ 08/21/14 03:12 PM
So much for my day off.. lol..

# 209 jmurphy31 @ 08/21/14 03:12 PM
Weren't some people able to access it yesterday. Then it locked up. So at some point it was working correctly.

I asked this earlier but I don't think any responded. Is it working for anyone?

# 210 Mauer4MVP @ 08/21/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
By the way, everyone will still get their full allotment of time on the trial. The delays to this working will not affect that. You will all get your play time.
I assume that means no time added to the trial? Just checking.

# 211 charter04 @ 08/21/14 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Weren't some people able to access it yesterday. Then it locked up. So at some point it was working correctly.

I asked this earlier but I don't think any responded. Is it working for anyone?

I wonder if fixing that messed up this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 212 McG @ 08/21/14 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1MM3R
50 mbps with cox.
I have the exact same company/DL speed. There is no way you downloaded the entire Battlefield 4 game in 30 mins. Madden 15, which is at least half the size downloaded in about an hour and 15 minutes. I pay for 50 mbps and my average speed is around 48 mbps. You may have something better than 50 if that's true.

# 213 aholbert32 @ 08/21/14 03:14 PM
Quote:
Would be nice if you guys could increase the time. I'm aware that we have 5 days to use the 6 hrs but 3 plus hours of those 5 days has been taken away because of this error.

# 214 DaveDQ @ 08/21/14 03:15 PM
Quote:

I do agree. I can be patient with it. And I actually think it'll be resolved very soon.

This isn't a server capacity type thing. I just think it's an oversight.

But in the end, it should be working.

# 215 B1MM3R @ 08/21/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Understand that AJ and thanks for the update. Think some people are upset because they set aside this time to play and they may have to work all weekend and monday and that is why they are upset. I understand why people are upset and want they time to be extended for having to wait etc. When I get to play is when I get to play, not to concerned here. Again thanks for the update.

# 216 CT Pitbull @ 08/21/14 03:15 PM
Quote:

maybe we should get a few more BONUS hours for our troubles and headaches?

# 217 SladeWilson @ 08/21/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Hey I have a question for you. If you pay for milk, do you get milk? If you pay for gas, do you get gas? If you pay for a car, do you get a car? You see where I'm going with this. If you go to the store and pay for something, you get it or get a replacement and/or your money back. How are video games any different? .
They're WHOLLY different, particularly when we are talking about digital titles. EA had everything set to go, when the data was sent to MS to be uploaded to their servers, they hit a snag. Most likely due to the recent update to MS's system that allowed Pre Installation of games. The service seems to have trouble differentiating from Access users and non access users. Again, im not saying you cant be frustrated. Im frustrated myself.

So your analogy of buying milk or gas is in NO way relevant.

# 218 bigwill33 @ 08/21/14 03:17 PM
Yay, I'm one of the lucky ones that it won't install and let me play! Thanks EA and MS! You couldn't help but to trip over yourselves to take my money and then you made up specific rules afterwards. (My mistake for jumping the gun and assuming it would be similar to prior programs) And now you can't even follow through on your end of the deal.

# 219 aholbert32 @ 08/21/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yay, I'm one of the lucky ones that it won't install and let me play! Thanks EA and MS! You couldn't help but to trip over yourselves to take my money and then you made up specific rules afterwards. (My mistake for jumping the gun and assuming it would be similar to prior programs) And now you can't even follow through on your end of the deal.
One of the lucky ones? Has anyone been able to get this to work?

# 220 nypresspass @ 08/21/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
They're WHOLLY different, particularly when we are talking about digital titles. EA had everything set to go, when the data was sent to MS to be uploaded to their servers, they hit a snag. Most likely due to the recent update to MS's system that allowed Pre Installation of games. The service seems to have trouble differentiating from Access users and non access users. Again, im not saying you cant be frustrated. Im frustrated myself.

So your analogy of buying milk or gas is in NO way relevant.
Why the rush to defend companies that plainly blew it? The point shouldn't be whether customers have a right to be upset about not receiving something they paid for. They should of course be upset and hold the companies' feet to the fire.

And of course his analogy is apt. You buy a product/service, you get that product/service. If not, you can sue or contact a regulator or at the very least make sure fellow customers know to avoid that seller.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.