Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Quarterback position is probably the most over-analyzed and argument inducing position in the history of sports. Yet, it's almost universally agreed upon that it's the most important position in athletics. Simply put, if you don't have a good QB, you can't win a Super Bowl. You may even be able to stretch that even further by saying you have to have a great QB to win a Super Bowl.

The likes of the Chiefs, Vikings, and the Bears have all had solid teams in the recent past without having a great QB to throw them over the edge. It isn't a coincidence that only one time in the last five years have we had a Super Bowl without one of Manning, Brady, or Rodgers. A good QB is the key to unlocking the door to that next level for any hopeful franchise. So take a look at the top ten rated QB's in Madden 15, and see where your team's Super Bowl prospects lay:

1. Peyton Manning (98 OVR): 99 AWR, 99 SA, 96 MTA, 88 DTA, 98 PA
2. Aaron Rodgers (98 OVR): 80 SPD, 93 AWR, STA 93, TOTR 88
3. Drew Brees (96 OVR): 98 AWR, 97 STA, 91 MTA
4. Russell Wilson (93 OVR): 86 SPD, 84 AWR, 91 PA
5. Tom Brady (93 OVR): 99 AWR, 94 STA, 93 TP
6. Phillip Rivers (92 OVR): 91 AWR, STA 93, 95 PA
7. Tony Romo (91 OVR): 89 AWR, STA 90, PA 90
8. Ben Roethlisberger (90 OVR): 93 AWR, 89 STA, 94 TOTR
9. Cam Newton (89 OVR): 86 SPD, 97 TP, TOTR 95
10. Colin Kaepernick (89 OVR): 88 SPD, AWR 75, TP 95

Most Overrated: Tony Romo (91)
Most Underrated: Andrew Luck (87 OVR)

What QB fits your style of play best in Madden NFL?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/14 01:29 PM
Still scratching my head trying to figure out how Russell Wilson is a 93 OVR and the 4th best QB in the entire league.
What did he do to warrant this? Play on a team where his defense carried them to a SB? Just look at his season last year:

Yardage: 16th behind Cam Newton and just ahead of Alex Smith (Romo 12th)
TD's: 9th tied with Matt Ryan (Romo 5th)
Comp %: 12th behind Carson Palmer and ahead of Jay Cutler (Romo 9th)
QBR: 7th behind Drew Brees and head of Tony Romo (8th)
YPG: 29th behind Cam Newton and head of Matt Cassel. (11th)

Where is this 4th best QB ranking coming from?? I have nothing against him, I think he is a good young QB but as a QB he is no better than Alex Smith (both passing and rushing). And you think Romo is the overrated one?

# 2 Benz87 @ 08/23/14 01:35 PM
I would think Russel Wilson being overrated is coming from winning the Super Bowl. Not that this makes it warranted, but it is certainly where the ratings coming from.

# 3 Haze88 @ 08/23/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

The Quarterback position is probably the most over-analyzed and argument inducing position in the history of sports. Yet, it's almost universally agreed upon that it's the most important position in athletics. Simply put, if you don't have a good QB, you can't win a Super Bowl. You may even be able to stretch that even further by saying you have to have a great QB to win a Super Bowl.

The likes of the Chiefs, Vikings, and the Bears have all had solid teams in the recent past without having a great QB to throw them over the edge. It isn't a coincidence that only one time in the last five years have we had a Super Bowl without one of Manning, Brady, or Rodgers. A good QB is the key to unlocking the door to that next level for any hopeful franchise. So take a look at the top ten rated QB's in Madden 15, and see where your team's Super Bowl prospects lay:

1. Peyton Manning (98 OVR): 99 AWR, 99 SA, 96 MTA, 88 DTA, 98 PA
2. Aaron Rodgers (98 OVR): 80 SPD, 93 AWR, STA 93, TOTR 88
3. Drew Brees (96 OVR): 98 AWR, 97 STA, 91 MTA
4. Russell Wilson (93 OVR): 86 SPD, 84 AWR, 91 PA
5. Tom Brady (93 OVR): 99 AWR, 94 STA, 93 TP
6. Phillip Rivers (92 OVR): 91 AWR, STA 93, 95 PA
7. Tony Romo (91 OVR): 89 AWR, STA 90, PA 90
8. Ben Roethlisberger (90 OVR): 93 AWR, 89 STA, 94 TOTR
9. Cam Newton (89 OVR): 86 SPD, 97 TP, TOTR 95
10. Colin Kaepernick (89 OVR): 88 SPD, AWR 75, TP 95

Most Overrated: Tony Romo (91)
Most Underrated: Andrew Luck (87 OVR)

What QB fits your style of play best in Madden NFL?
Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Dan Marino would like to disagree. More importantly Russell and Brady are not equals, Wilson and Romo should be tied for most overrated

# 4 braves_94 @ 08/23/14 01:37 PM
Tony Romo isn't overrated. It's just bias against the Cowboys, plain and simple. Tony Romo is a Top 10 rated QB in NFL history. He's led the Cowboys to a game of the playoffs the past 3 years despite a coach who has elementary ability to manage the clock. Let's not forget about that amazing moment where he froze his own damn kicker. He had them within a game of the playoffs despite the worst defense in the NFL, and the worst in Cowboys history. I don't know what's more impressive there. He's top 3 in 4th quarter come backs. Had a great season despite a young and developing offensive line and a late 3rd round pick starting opposite of Dez. Give Tony Romo the 49'ers, Seahawks, or Ravens defense and he would win in the playoffs. He has only had that one year. And he delivered home field, and beat the eventual Super Bowl champs twice. And they would have had that Giant game wrapped up if not for Patrick Crayton dropping a wide open pass. You guys who only watch Romo on ESPN highlights don't know anything. If Romo was really as bad as he seems, we'd been long calling for his head. Not to mention, OVR doesn't mean best in the game. It's just a sum of abilities across the board. Put more emphasis on mobile QBs and even Peyton Manning would fall off the board.

# 5 DETROITROB @ 08/23/14 01:50 PM
Stafford doesnt crack the top 10?

# 6 Haze88 @ 08/23/14 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
Tony Romo isn't overrated. It's just bias against the Cowboys, plain and simple. Tony Romo is a Top 10 rated QB in NFL history. He's led the Cowboys to a game of the playoffs the past 3 years despite a coach who has elementary ability to manage the clock. Let's not forget about that amazing moment where he froze his own damn kicker. He had them within a game of the playoffs despite the worst defense in the NFL, and the worst in Cowboys history. I don't know what's more impressive there. He's top 3 in 4th quarter come backs. Had a great season despite a young and developing offensive line and a late 3rd round pick starting opposite of Dez. Give Tony Romo the 49'ers, Seahawks, or Ravens defense and he would win in the playoffs. He has only had that one year. And he delivered home field, and beat the eventual Super Bowl champs twice. And they would have had that Giant game wrapped up if not for Patrick Crayton dropping a wide open pass. You guys who only watch Romo on ESPN highlights don't know anything. If Romo was really as bad as he seems, we'd been long calling for his head. Not to mention, OVR doesn't mean best in the game. It's just a sum of abilities across the board. Put more emphasis on mobile QBs and even Peyton Manning would fall off the board.
All the talent in Dallas year in and year out should lead to more than a playoff appearance (not win) in 3 years, combined with his growing legendary reputation for awful season endings is why he is seen as overrated. Brady is a top 10 QB and those results would be unacceptable for him, same with Peyton. I will never forgive Dallas for choking away the 2007 Divisional Game to the Giants that indirectly cost us the 2007 season

# 7 Benz87 @ 08/23/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
I agree with your point of Tony Romo being a victim of the Cowboys hate, although i'm not sure where you're coming from with him leading the cowboys to the playoffs the past 3 years. The cowboys haven't made the playoffs since 2009.

Edit: Got it, you're saying within one win from the playoffs, my mistake.

He is a top 10 QB in today's NFL though, and his career stats certainly show this: 208 TD 101 INT 95.8 RAT. His lack of ever leading the cowboys to sustained playoff success or Super Bowl contention combined with infamous games such as 5 INT's vs Chicago in 2012 and the back to back pick 6's in the 4th QT vs. Detroit in 2011 will never be lived down.

# 8 XXstormmXX @ 08/23/14 02:00 PM
Tony Romo and Russel Wilson's ratings are a crime.
Stafford belongs in the top 10.

# 9 Mad 69 @ 08/23/14 02:13 PM
Luck not in the top 6? That is criminal, he has had crap to work with and has stas as good as anyone in the top 10. Russell Wilson is not a top 15 QB either, would not have Rodgers or Rivers that high either

# 10 iamheat @ 08/23/14 02:16 PM
Wilson should not be that high and @Mad 69 Go watch Chargers game and not just espn highlights and youll see hes a top 5 QB.

# 11 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
All the talent in Dallas year in and year out should lead to more than a playoff appearance (not win) in 3 years, combined with his growing legendary reputation for awful season endings is why he is seen as overrated. Brady is a top 10 QB and those results would be unacceptable for him, same with Peyton. I will never forgive Dallas for choking away the 2007 Divisional Game to the Giants that indirectly cost us the 2007 season
The problem is the talent in Dallas has never been spread among the whole team, they have a few great players on each side of the ball and then a complete drop off for the rest of the team. Not to mention they haven't had an actual coach in a long time, what they have is yes men who Jerry can control like puppets. Dallas had nothing to do with the Pats losing in 2007 lol.

# 12 Jerikokai @ 08/23/14 02:43 PM
Ratings should be based on last years stats. for qb's, it should be the qbr ratings which im pretty sure ARE based on stats. these ratings are more biased then truly accurate.

why this game cant be put together with unbiased accuracy is beyond me. imagine how good this game would be if.... nevermind.

# 13 Sdot23 @ 08/23/14 02:43 PM
Wilson and Kaepernick don't belong on this list over Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck and Matt Stafford. I'm sorry but I don't agree with this list. Now, in terms of video game athletes than yes those guys belong on there for being outstanding scramblers. But in Madden the QB is only as good as the gamer behind the controller lol

# 14 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
His lack of ever leading the cowboys to sustained playoff success or Super Bowl contention combined with infamous games such as 5 INT's vs Chicago in 2012 and the back to back pick 6's in the 4th QT vs. Detroit in 2011 will never be lived down.
Peyton Manning had 6 int's in a game once.
The following QB's also had 5:

Dan Marino
Fran Tarkenton
Dan Fouts
Troy Aikman
Kurt Warner
Brett Favre
Terry Bradshaw

Some of these guys never led their team to a SB but they are still considered all time great QB's. Romo for some reason is held to a much higher standard. No one likes to point out that he has had some of the worst defenses and O lines in NFL history or that he is 9th in game winning drives (3 less than Brees) among active QB's and 6th in comebacks.

# 15 Hiro1 @ 08/23/14 02:57 PM
Rusell Wilson is one of the most dangerous QBs in the NFL IMO, he's by far one of the most cerebral mobile Qbs. Just because his team doesn't lean on him as much as other teams do their Qbs doesn't make him a lesser Qb.

If he's the best mobile Qb in the NFL shouldn't he be rated in the top 5 Qbs?

I know it's the preseason, but he's looked phenomenal so far this year as well.

# 16 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerikokai
Ratings should be based on last years stats. for qb's, it should be the qbr ratings which im pretty sure ARE based on stats. these ratings are more biased then truly accurate.

why this game cant be put together with unbiased accuracy is beyond me. imagine how good this game would be if.... nevermind.
I understand how the ratings work just don't agree with them, it's entirely based off of popularity. Ratings are one of the biggest marketing tools for EA. Casual fans want to see their favorite player rated as highly as possible against their friends favorite players. Look how many articles around the web you see about Madden ratings from non traditional video game sites.

# 17 Factzzz @ 08/23/14 02:58 PM
In what world is Matt Ryan not a top 10 QB?

# 18 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Rusell Wilson is one of the most dangerous QBs in the NFL IMO, he's by far one of the most cerebral mobile Qbs. Just because his team doesn't lean on him as much as other teams do their Qbs doesn't make him a lesser Qb.

If he's the best mobile Qb in the NFL shouldn't he be rated in the top 5 Qbs?

I know it's the preseason, but he's looked phenomenal so far this year as well.
Alex Smith had a higher YPA and same rushing TD's and more 20+ yard runs last year than Wilson so I guess he should be a top 5 QB as well? Even though both of them are above average in just about every other category. They are the same type of QB, a game manager who can on occasion make big plays. They both should be rated in the mid 80's.

# 19 basmn @ 08/23/14 03:04 PM
Wilson and Brady with the same OVR-Rating

# 20 criscarter @ 08/23/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Dan Marino would like to disagree. More importantly Russell and Brady are not equals, Wilson and Romo should be tied for most overrated
The game has changed a lot since Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won their Super Bowls.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.