Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The first extended gameplay trailer for NBA 2K15 is here, and…Yakkem!

The trailer opens up with Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal talking in studio (in the game). From there we get an extended montage of in-game action before coming back out to a funny exchange between Johnson and Shaq on set.

What did you spy in the trailer that piqued your interest? Sound off!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 isdatyt @ 08/25/14 04:43 PM
Did anybody peep that the Pacers mascot is wearing the Iversons. That's crazy detail. I need to be put in a coma until October 6th.

# 162 zack4070 @ 08/25/14 04:45 PM
It's not far-fetched at all tohave the option to change hairstyles in the game. Madden for ps2 had this option even.

# 163 Mintsa @ 08/25/14 04:45 PM
Gameplay looks amazing as always.

One nit pick: raptors jersey still wrong. They don't have that thick black trim around the shoulder/arm pit in real life.

# 164 JSensui @ 08/25/14 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Always get a kick out of the "all they showed were highlights" posts...like we haven't had shizzle trailers going on 7 years now....you're not going to see play breakdowns and dev interviews in these things, you just aren't lol:
We used to. We used to actually get gameplay footage before release. It was nice.

# 165 TreyIM2 @ 08/25/14 05:03 PM
Sizzle trailer is standard issue for 2K so it's hard for me to go gaga anymore with them except when it came to 2K14 which was a mindblowing visual orgasm on first attempt on these now current gen systems.

That said, it still looks good with nice bring backs and additions to presentation. I'm already ready for the meat and potatoes in terms of gameplay enhancements the most because we know 2K can bring the presentation and visuals in spades and the foundation has already been laid in 2K14.

# 166 JTheClip @ 08/25/14 05:17 PM
The trailer looks amazing and looks like it will be fun again!

Problem though, you guys really like CP3? He looks like an nba live model and does not look like chris that much to me at all. I watch 70+ clipper games a season and that Chris doesnt look correct to me

# 167 ClevelandinDistress @ 08/25/14 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Graphics are underwhelming, if this is the best they can get out of the ps4 it will take until ps6 or 7 before we get something realistic. I mean, you still see ps3 like cartoonish features. I'm not even sure this is an upgrade over nba 2k14 on the ps3..

Also, I don't get why people can go nuts over things like pre-game things, cheerleaders and all that when core problems are not addressed. I'm very happy with My League but if we still get the standard draft picks, no ability to sign up to 20 guys for training camp, have unguaranteed contracts and all the true contract and trade possibilities, what good does that mode do?

Another thing about Curry's jumper since he cannot even figure it out himself, while they claimed to have changed it, I highly doubt he will have the real life advantage which is the quick release. You can add a few thousand animations every year, but if you cannot even get that right for a high profile player, when will they?

The music is some of the worst I've heard in a trailer as well. Let's hope it's an old build. They claimed they have almost every face down pat this year right? Let's hope that also counts for classic teams where Vernon Maxwell looks more like Carl Herrera who ironically is the only key Rocket missing on that team.
Yea 2k go visit all the old classic players in their care homes and scan their faces! No buying if you don't. And I totally agree, these graphics are probably even worse than 2k14 on the ps3. I seriously don't even need to buy a new console. I'll just wait till the PS6 comes out in 2031! Right? Right!!?! RIGHT!?!?!

# 168 23 @ 08/25/14 05:35 PM
OK listen

There is a zero tolerance policy in place

Post on subject as the policy states or get banned.

# 169 TalenT @ 08/25/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with 2-player dunk animations...as long as they happen at the right time (like when the defender isn't in position to block the dunk, or if the defender is just too small). I would argue 2-player animations are actually necessary - how else are you going to portray body contact? If you didn't have "contact animations", you'd just end up with players slipping and sliding around each other in odd ways.
Yeah, that was the biggest issue. The defender would be in position but the animation would slide you back into position for it to play out. Hopefully that's gone. The fact that they addressed the charge cheese is promising.

They trailer looks great though. Seeing the player intros made me realize how much I've missed them! I loved the missed charge ani too. It's gonna be a good year for basketball fans.

# 170 2_headedmonster @ 08/25/14 05:48 PM
looks fantastic, happy to see intros back in full effect.

-players arms still look too skinny while their waists are too wide tho.

-cp3 head is much better, but the body doesn't seem quite right.

-cant be certain, but i dont think Ernie and shaq were scanned.

-I also want to see retail lighting, this leaves a lil to be desired. then again this isnt the highest resolution.

# 171 newgeneration11 @ 08/25/14 05:54 PM
- DRose's crossover is really cool. His reverse layup looks realistic as well, how he double clutches a bit. and would be SPOT-on if they captured his explosiveness on the layup.(can't tell because its in slow motion)
Makes me realize how bad i want more/better layup animations! a surplus of signature ones!

-Anthony Davis' one handed rebound is cool. I want more rebound animations too.. would like to see a behind the head animation - Carmelo does this rebound alot

- I feel like there may be upgraded rim physics on dunks. The rim seems to be snapping perfectly. Probably less hands going through the rim on dunks.

- I LOVE some of the camera angles on the intros. particularly Amare's.

# 172 LingeringRegime @ 08/25/14 06:03 PM
Lance!!!

So hyped!!!!!!!!!!

# 173 WTF @ 08/25/14 06:04 PM
I like the intros, and atmosphere. Adds to the immersion.

# 174 LD2k @ 08/25/14 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
watching it in 360p.

Love the people commenting on graphics from non-HD versions via youtube lol.

Would there be interest in an uncompressed 1080p/60FPS version? Very important that any trailers/gameplay tha goes up on youtube will be compressed and rendered 30FPS.

# 175 Vni @ 08/25/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

Would there be interest in an uncompressed 1080p/60FPS version? Very important that any trailers/gameplay tha goes up on youtube will be compressed and rendered 30FPS.
It would end the life of my laptop probably.

# 176 NYCDaFutureisBack @ 08/25/14 06:14 PM
Good trailer, Like the lil new gameplay additions.. #OnlineNation #SimNation All Day

# 177 23 @ 08/25/14 06:15 PM
Next person posting YouTube comments is auto gone

# 178 King_B_Mack @ 08/25/14 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

# 179 WTF @ 08/25/14 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
To me, doesn't have the wow factor like last year's trailer!!!
I think the song choice set the tone for last years. This was a good trailer, but it's not a substantial leap from last year. Last year was the 1st trailer on the new systems. Hard to top that.

# 180 snocone @ 08/25/14 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
To me, doesn't have the wow factor like last year's trailer!!!
I'm sure if you gave them an extra 7 gigs of ram every year, they could make similar leaps every year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.