Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

It seems Scott O'Gallagher's presence on the NBA 2K team is being felt already. In a tweet earlier today after the release of the Yakkem trailer, O'Gallagher claimed that both the charging cheese and the 1-3-1 defense are both no longer in the game -- both have been major complaints of sim-heads for quite awhile.

In a tweet clarifying the above statement
, Chris Manning said, "When you move your player around them, you will and can dribble around defenders. No more quick-draw charges."

So there is some good gameplay news for you today. How do you like both changes?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BezO @ 08/25/14 03:48 PM
A bit concerned about the 1-3-1 being completely removed. Makes me wonder if they fixed the problems that made it cheesey. Animations/footwork.

# 2 Goffs @ 08/25/14 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
A bit concerned about the 1-3-1 being completely removed. Makes me wonder if they fixed the problems that made it cheesey. Animations/footwork.
Yeah was just thinking this....maybe they couldn't get it to work properly and said **** it let's just get rid of the 1-3-1.

# 3 Vni @ 08/25/14 03:51 PM
Removing it was the easy way out.

But it's still nice for the people who play against randoms a lot in MyTeams and stuff.

Fixing the issues that made it overpowered would have rendered the 1 - 3 - 1 useless.

# 4 JayAtkHar @ 08/25/14 03:51 PM
1-3-1 with the CPU works terrible fin mycareer but I'm unstoppable in head to head if executed right. But I'm glad there's no more quick charges that **** is not basketball

# 5 JayAtkHar @ 08/25/14 03:52 PM
I hope there's a full court pressure charge draws like a guy tryna turbo through and you beat him causing an out of control animation into the charge

# 6 Kodii Rockets @ 08/25/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
1-3-1 with the CPU works terrible fin mycareer but I'm unstoppable in head to head if executed right. But I'm glad there's no more quick charges that **** is not basketball
Seriously. They did a much better job with actual charges in the paint this year, but last year when the only charges were those backcourt nonsense *** calls pissed me off beyond end. Like, how could you let that slip through the development cycle?

# 7 kgbrolic @ 08/25/14 04:02 PM
Who plays a 1-3-1 zone in the NBA anyway? I've never seen a team play REAL zone defense in the league since they implemented it.

# 8 stillfeelme @ 08/25/14 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

It seems Scott O'Gallagher's presence on the NBA 2K team is being felt already. In a tweet earlier today after the release of the Yakkem trailer, O'Gallagher claimed that both the charging cheese and the 1-3-1 defense are both no longer in the game -- both have been major complaints of sim-heads for quite awhile.

In a tweet clarifying the above statement
, Chris Manning said, "When you move your player around them, you will and can dribble around defenders. No more quick-draw charges."

So there is some good gameplay news for you today. How do you like both changes?
I can understand the reason to take it out. The people who were using it were using it as a crutch because the game speed, passing spacing allowed them to gain an advantage. So them taking it out means the defensive AI has to be much better. 1-3-1 is just not used in the NBA.

So basically instead of spending time programming why the 1-3-1 is not used the weaknesses of it they took it out because coaches don't use it. This is the NBA equivalent of why the wishbone is not in Madden lol

Teams do run a close version of 2-3 at times for a few possessions but can never run a true version of it because they have to get out of the lane. Most times it is a version of a match up zone.

# 9 NINJAK2 @ 08/25/14 04:09 PM
My hope is that this isn't just a next gen/current gen feature...Hopefully ps3/360 see this..

# 10 Ghostf4cekhila1234 @ 08/25/14 04:20 PM
2k is really making me happy now

# 11 RipCityAndy @ 08/25/14 05:19 PM
Damn... now I have to find new ways of getting easy corner threes I loved running horns against 1-3-1 cheesers. They would get so mad.

However, this is a GREAT(!!) change. Kudos.

# 12 Bowinkle08 @ 08/25/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Removing it was the easy way out.

But it's still nice for the people who play against randoms a lot in MyTeams and stuff.

Fixing the issues that made it overpowered would have rendered the 1 - 3 - 1 useless.
maybe they couldnt fix it so they removed it completely. im ok with this

# 13 LD2k @ 08/25/14 05:58 PM
It was removed fairly recently. They had addressed multiple issues to why it was considered "overpowered" last year prior to it's removal. Lots of factors. Lots of improvements.

More on that later.

NBA 2K15's gameplay team has been killing it improving on everything from a gameplay perspective across the board.

Competitive 2K.

# 14 2_headedmonster @ 08/25/14 06:00 PM
meh, would have rather had realistic foot planting, acceleration and deceleration make the zone react realistically instead of removing it.

edit: just read the above post. makes the removal all the more peculiar then.

# 15 NYCDaFutureisBack @ 08/25/14 06:17 PM
Good to see it finally removed. #OnlineNation #SimNation

# 16 yungsta404 @ 08/25/14 06:24 PM
Thank god, the charge cheese in 2k14 was the worst it has ever been. I dunno how many times I been sucked into a charge in the backcourt while methodically walking up the court.

NBA 2k14 ignored all the basic rules that makes a charge legal. You didnt have to draw the contact in the chest or face the right way. I been called for charges when the guy's body was literally fully vertical!

# 17 snocone @ 08/25/14 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
meh, would have rather had realistic foot planting, acceleration and deceleration make the zone react realistically instead of removing it.

edit: just read the above post. makes the removal all the more peculiar then.
They probably had improved the factors they thought had caused it to be OP, and it was still OP. So rather than nerf defense overall or let it ruin online for another year, it was just removed.

# 18 Rensational14 @ 08/25/14 06:30 PM
Seems like Scott is an Original Gangster after all

# 19 Vni @ 08/25/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
How did charge cheese ever get through to the release of 2K14?...I mean, it's flagrant cheese. They had to have known about it during testing.
What was the charge cheese ?

# 20 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 08/25/14 06:55 PM
im happy to see 131 zone go even if it was easy to beat (corner 3s), it was never a part of nba basketball. and im glad to see those unrealistic fullcourt charges gone too. these changes should make playing teamup and 1vs1 online a little more realistic. GOOD SHET 2K!

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.