Home
NHL 15 News Post

The NHL 15 demo is available now on Xbox Live for Xbox One users. PlayStation 4 users can expect the demo tomorrow afternoon when the PSN Store updates with new titles.

UPDATE: The NHL 15 demo is now available for PlayStation 4 users. If you can't find it, click this link.

Some have had luck going to "New Demos" all the way over to the right. Games>New>Demos>New Demos (all the way over to the right) and grab the NHL 15 demo. Thanks @TheFlopfish)

The demo weighs in at 2.58 GB. Here are the details.
  • New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings
  • Full game with three two-minute periods
  • Play in Madison Square Garden or Staples Center
  • Gameplay Camera Angles: Dynamic Low, Dynamic Medium, and Dynamic High
  • Practice Mode: Master the Superstar Skill Stick with a free skate against a goalie
  • Difficulty Settings: Rookie, Pro, All-Star
If you can't find it, try searching for it with Bing.

Play a few games and let us know what you think of this year's NHL title on Xbox One!

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 m_maclean24 @ 08/26/14 07:24 AM
@bigwill Thanks for the thoughts, I am glad to hear some of the positives from your perspective. Some of the "other thoughts" that you mentioned seem to really have the randomness of hockey, which has been lacking in earlier versions, hopefully this is something that we will see a lot of, (the play with gaborik that you mentioned). Pretty neat to hear also that Ferraro responds to what is actually going on around him, that is a nice touch.

# 82 Simple Mathematics @ 08/26/14 07:27 AM
With people saying the stick handling isn't as good has me super excited. Maybe George Parros won't be deking me out of my jock this year. And even though guys like Crosby can deke great, they don't do it very much during an actual, real life game. I'm excited.

# 83 18 eighty 5 @ 08/26/14 07:27 AM
Just checking out the gameplay sliders an there is one titled CPU Difficulty Adjustment. Is this new?

# 84 m_maclean24 @ 08/26/14 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
Just checking out the gameplay sliders an there is one titled CPU Difficulty Adjustment. Is this new?
Sounds new to me, I don't remember anything like that.

# 85 bad_philanthropy @ 08/26/14 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
No, was always there. Gives the cpu special advantages relative to base player stats ie 90 rated goalie on superstar with cpu difficulty maxed out plays like a perfect robot.

# 86 max452 @ 08/26/14 07:35 AM
I'm on Ps4, I have a question about graphics.
The game is native 1080p???

Game looks nice but is not that crisp like Fifa, fir example.

Look a little ''washed'', on the description of the demo i found ''720p Hd'' and not 1080p.

Any comment?

# 87 jpollack34 @ 08/26/14 07:42 AM
Slightly better graphics... Same gameplay. Same legacy issues.

# 88 MizzouRah @ 08/26/14 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
yeah Bwiggy, in the video I‘m seeing a quite a bit more aggressive ai defense. Very happy to see that!
Definitely more aggressive for sure and the play is more "sloppy" at times, especially when the star lines are not on the ice. I do notice a difference in players.

# 89 feedmeccc @ 08/26/14 08:20 AM
Well pro is too easy, first game I won 8-0, time to try all star. Menus are simpler, presentation looks sharp, but the game is 100% nhl 14, very disappointing. Canceling my pre order and will buy it for like $20 on amazon/ebay in the future.

# 90 Södy @ 08/26/14 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by max452
I'm on Ps4, I have a question about graphics.
The game is native 1080p???

Game looks nice but is not that crisp like Fifa, fir example.

Look a little ''washed'', on the description of the demo i found ''720p Hd'' and not 1080p.

Any comment?
Havent played it so can't judge but... interesting. Even though PSN is playing safely with the resolution due to Killzone. I found an interview with Rammer:

Quote:
What resolution and framerate will the game be on Xbox One? On PlayStation4?

- Both consoles will run at 60 FPS.
So no word on the resolution but everything under 1080p would be embarassing.

edit: FIFA and BF4 both have these:

PAL HD 720p,1080i,1080p

And BF4 is running in 900p upscaled.

I will take a look at it later.

# 91 Sparkles @ 08/26/14 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robla
Sure, ur buddies don't go with the better hardware this gen?
They both got an Xbox one for Christmas so I'm stuck gettin that if I wanna play with them. We have a an eashl team back on 360 and we're pretty serious about it

# 92 Qb @ 08/26/14 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
With people saying the stick handling isn't as good has me super excited. Maybe George Parros won't be deking me out of my jock this year. And even though guys like Crosby can deke great, they don't do it very much during an actual, real life game. I'm excited.
Yeah, I'm very curious to see & feel it for myself now. Last gen had far too much freedom with the puck, especially holding it far away from the body. While unresponsive isn't good, more restrictive isn't necessarily bad in my eyes. Well, yet at least.

And "stiffer" skating sounds good as well. To me, the skating has always been too loose. I thought it took a step back in 14 after the new skating mechanics were introduced in 13.

# 93 18 eighty 5 @ 08/26/14 08:34 AM
The CPU are taking the same shots again and again, trying to set up right in front of the net, tic, tac, toe passing for the shot. Not much variety at all. No one timers from the point, absolutely no cycling. The go hard for the same thing over and over, it is like playing online versus.

ON another note, about to try the demo on the PS4.

# 94 pm83 @ 08/26/14 08:39 AM
Based on the videos I've seen it surely gives an impression that CPU is dumb and useless as usual in front of the own net. This is one of the biggest problems with this series. Can anyone confirm this?

# 95 Splitter77 @ 08/26/14 09:07 AM
can you tell if create team is still in the game?
doesnt look like gameplay improved enough for me to buy it.

unless theyvadded a bunch of new stuff to gm mode. but from what we have read its the same.
saved me $400 at least

# 96 habslover10_GoYanks @ 08/26/14 09:13 AM
This is... fantastic

# 97 18 eighty 5 @ 08/26/14 09:31 AM
5 games on the PS4 and i like the feel of the game better on that system however after 5 games I tallied 65 shots for 1 goal. The CPU 21 shots for 5. In one scenario I had the goalie out of the crease, Kopitar was almost on the goal line shot it and out of nowhere the goalie was back on the goal line deflecting the shot???

CPU only shoots right in front of the net and goes into mad mode at times. I my last game where I finally scored I had 7 shots to 1 and that 1 shot of course was a goal on the powerplay set up right in front in the slot.

I have had one PP in all 20 periods of play. Penalties are non existent again.

On XONE I can score frequently on PS4 I cannot get a biscuit. Tried everything and it was actually really fun but there is no way without sliders help could i play like it is. Goalie is unrealistic.

So far PS4 is better experience than the One except for the goalie. Skating and movement feels smoother to me, more intuitive feel through the controller. The XONE feels a bit clunky in comparison.

# 98 Simaofan-20 @ 08/26/14 09:36 AM
It's definitely at a better framerate which is definitely noticeable and better. The graphics while in game , you don't really notice them nearly as much as you do post whistle. Also, thankfully it seems the basketball puck, flip dumps are gone

# 99 Al_Tito13 @ 08/26/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yeah, I'm very curious to see & feel it for myself now. Last gen had far too much freedom with the puck, especially holding it far away from the body. While unresponsive isn't good, more restrictive isn't necessarily bad in my eyes. Well, yet at least.

And "stiffer" skating sounds good as well. To me, the skating has always been too loose. I thought it took a step back in 14 after the new skating mechanics were introduced in 13.
I fully agree with you.

# 100 centauris @ 08/26/14 09:57 AM
I don't think going from complete control of your stick and puck with the right stick to no control at all is necessary a good thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.