Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.

UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.

New and Updated Content
  • Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
  • Updates to fighter records
  • Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
  • Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
  • Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
  • Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
  • Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
  • Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
  • Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
  • Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
  • Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
  • Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
  • Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
  • Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
  • Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
  • Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
  • Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
  • Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
  • Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
  • Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
  • Fighters can change stances while blocking
  • Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
Career
  • Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
  • Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
  • Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
  • Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
  • Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
  • Fixed an issue with Mat damage
  • Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
  • Various replay fixes

Source - EA Forums

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 101 2_headedmonster @ 08/29/14 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Finding that balance is hard though. I love the variety in this game right now. I ran a 6 fight card and ended up with 3 decisions (one split), 2 KOs and 1 sub. I'm worried that if you give strikes more power, we will likely see less decisions.

I agree about the stamina changes that need to be made regarding power strikes. Hopefully, GameplayDev and the team are taking a look at that.
If power shots overall become much more costly to stamina, then a raise in power is balanced by default. People would hesitate to abuse the strikes if they knew there was a consequence to be paid, and even then, landed, blocked and whiffed strikes would become weaker over time maintaining the decision ratio.

there is no reason a person should be able to walk through perfectly timed counters and flush shots...especially when they follow that by dropping/ dazing you with a random strike.

# 102 Phobia @ 08/29/14 09:40 AM
I think this will end up being my sports game of the year. Fantastic job with the patches!

# 103 DaveDQ @ 08/29/14 01:01 PM
Excellent points on stamina, Lakers and 2 headed.

Those two things would greatly improve the stamina scenario.

# 104 fishingtime @ 08/29/14 04:36 PM
Like someone mentioned, sliders for offline are needed. The online and offline worlds are too far apart. The CPU would never actually resemble a player online. So a lot of changes needed for offline wouldn't translate well for the online players. Sliders are really the only viable option for offline guys.

# 105 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/29/14 04:44 PM
I would say make the parry window to head shots pretty much what it is now, but still keep a big window for body shots, just for game balancing purposes. The body is the preferred area to attack because on top of fight ending damage, you suck away stamina. Make the body a little riskier to go to especially with your hands. Still keep the reward of going down stairs, it just needs to be riskier. Lowering the parry window to shots upstairs does that because if it is very difficult to parry a counter back at your face, you will think twice about spamming shots to the body. Or you will get KTFO'd alot. Either way works for me.

# 106 phillyfan23 @ 08/30/14 10:16 AM
I agree 100 percent with adding sliders....

3 main sliders are still needed....

Stamina
strike output
strike damage

then we can have 30 strike per round affairs when fighting machida

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

# 107 DaveDQ @ 08/30/14 11:25 AM
Once you get past brown belt in online, the game is stripped of its glory. Guys are throwing 120+ strikes a round and the only hope you have is to do the same.

I am appreciative of the patch work thus far, but for this game to have legs in online play, they need to fix stamina.

# 108 ThinkingOfRobots @ 09/01/14 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
One thing I noticed post patch is that the CPU, regardless of fighter is a blocking, swaying and parrying machine now on the higher difficulties. I was playing on Hard:

Maia, Stipo, Woodley were blocking, parrying and swaying my combos like they were Floyd Mayweather.

I managed to get Maia rocked up against the cage with Robbie Lawler, Maia while rocked went on to sway and parry my next 15 punches while his back was up against the cage. I was thinking wow, is this Maia or Floyd Mayweather ?

I noticed all fighters I fought against, which was about 8 of them last night, all did the same thing. So now a lot more of my fights are going the distance.
Good to see you guys appreciated the changes made for the AI. Shout out to aHolebert for the aggression breakdown, I used that as a basis for the tuning I did. Anybody notice a reduction in the frequency of 'showtime' strikes?

re: the increased defense - I didn't actually change anything there, I think that's just a natural consequence of the AI spending less time striking - if they're mid strike, they're not allowed to preform a defensive action. One thing to keep an eye on is your strike output. Not calling you out in particular but there's actually 3 systems in place for defense.

The first is very organic and a result of the 'recorded button presses' or REAL AI, and comes out naturally based on what database a particular fighter is assigned. The second is based on the amount of strikes thrown in recent history; in other words, the more you strike within a certain window, you're building up a 'defense meter' for the AI. The 3rd layer is looking at how many of a particular strike you've thrown in a certain window, which is also building up this 'defense meter'. If you're not mixing up your combos, this last meter will be particularly punishing. This is obviously not realistic for all fighters, but there needs to be a mechanism for the AI to counter spamming.

The latter two systems are more noticeable on higher difficulties, which probably explains why some were seeing more realistic behaviours on normal. The alternative is to have the AI take less damage and deal more damage statistically to handle difficulty; both methods have their drawbacks and advantages.

# 109 Factzzz @ 09/01/14 07:50 PM
The game is too easy on Pro.

Every fight is a first round win for me. As soon i get them to the ground and get in mount, it's over.

I even played as Rich Franklin vs Jon Jones and TKO'd him in the 1st round.

I guess it's back to online for me, but i hope maybe an even higher difficulty can be added, or make the cpu better on Pro, it seems like they really don't watch their stamina and it's an easy sub if i want to every fight as well.

Edit: Just played as Sarah Kaufman vs Ronda Rousey on pro and subbed her in the first round by arm bar.

Then played as Pat Berry vs Cain Velasquez on pro, he stuffed my takedown, then took me down, then wasted his stamina, and i tapped him out on my back within like 2 minutes of the first round, on pro.

No way it should be this easy on the hardest difficulty level.

Edit 2: I played as Erik Perez vs Renan Barao on pro, i couldn't take him down for the first 4 minutes, he kept it standing, but then i shot while he was going for a kick and got him down, 30 seconds later the fight is stopped and i win by TKO with about 20 seconds left in round 1.

The computer's stand up on pro difficulty is fine IMO, but they're basically clueless on their back and it's an easy finish 99.9% of the time.

All of these fights have been with accelerated clock btw.

# 110 eliastrip @ 09/02/14 09:09 AM
I HAVE THE PREVIOUS UFC VERSION OF EA SPORTS
WHAT CHANGED? ANYTHING NEW? RECOMMENDATIONS ?

# 111 countryboy @ 09/02/14 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliastrip
I would recommend trying the demo.

# 112 aholbert32 @ 09/02/14 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliastrip
Read the thread. Thanks.

# 113 aholbert32 @ 09/02/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOfRobots
Good to see you guys appreciated the changes made for the AI. Shout out to aHolebert for the aggression breakdown, I used that as a basis for the tuning I did. Anybody notice a reduction in the frequency of 'showtime' strikes?

re: the increased defense - I didn't actually change anything there, I think that's just a natural consequence of the AI spending less time striking - if they're mid strike, they're not allowed to preform a defensive action. One thing to keep an eye on is your strike output. Not calling you out in particular but there's actually 3 systems in place for defense.

The first is very organic and a result of the 'recorded button presses' or REAL AI, and comes out naturally based on what database a particular fighter is assigned. The second is based on the amount of strikes thrown in recent history; in other words, the more you strike within a certain window, you're building up a 'defense meter' for the AI. The 3rd layer is looking at how many of a particular strike you've thrown in a certain window, which is also building up this 'defense meter'. If you're not mixing up your combos, this last meter will be particularly punishing. This is obviously not realistic for all fighters, but there needs to be a mechanism for the AI to counter spamming.

The latter two systems are more noticeable on higher difficulties, which probably explains why some were seeing more realistic behaviours on normal. The alternative is to have the AI take less damage and deal more damage statistically to handle difficulty; both methods have their drawbacks and advantages.

I did and I'm happy about that. The only remaining issue I see related to this is the CPU's overuse of the superman punch when its a distance. I understand why the AI does that (to close distance and the superman punch is the best punch strike to do that). I just dont like seeing the CPU throw 5-6 superman punches a fight because I'm using movement.

# 114 bdseed316 @ 09/02/14 06:18 PM
After reading through this thread I'm very tempted to buy this game through the PS Plus sale.

# 115 SmashMan @ 09/02/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdseed316
After reading through this thread I'm very tempted to buy this game through the PS Plus sale.
I just did. I've been holding off, but decided to get the game just off the post-launch support. I was about to order on Amazon when I checked the PS Blog just to see what the updates were this week. Imagine my surprise to see UFC there.

# 116 bdseed316 @ 09/03/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I just did. I've been holding off, but decided to get the game just off the post-launch support. I was about to order on Amazon when I checked the PS Blog just to see what the updates were this week. Imagine my surprise to see UFC there.
Happy with it?

# 117 SmashMan @ 09/03/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdseed316
Happy with it?
I had a nice reply typed out before my iPad decided to dump it, so here's the short version:

Yeah, I'm happy with it through a handful of fights. I'm more of a block/parry and pick my shot player, and I really like the feel of the CPU so far compared to playing the demo. I'm guessing it's the recent aggression adjustments, and it plays 10x better than the "must always attack" mode the CPU seemed to be in, in the demo.

# 118 TheShizNo1 @ 09/04/14 04:59 PM
Thanks for the impressions, guys. Looks like it's time for a purchase. Good ****, EA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

# 119 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/04/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Thanks for the impressions, guys. Looks like it's time for a purchase. Good ****, EA.

Bout time. Madden and UFC? I didn't think you were gonna get either one lol.

# 120 TheShizNo1 @ 09/04/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Bout time. Madden and UFC? I didn't think you were gonna get either one lol.
I didn't, either. EA ****ing up my budget, now lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.