Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.

UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.

New and Updated Content
  • Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
  • Updates to fighter records
  • Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
  • Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
  • Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
  • Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
  • Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
  • Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
  • Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
  • Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
  • Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
  • Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
  • Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
  • Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
  • Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
  • Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
  • Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
  • Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
  • Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
  • Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
  • Fighters can change stances while blocking
  • Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
Career
  • Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
  • Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
  • Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
  • Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
  • Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
  • Fixed an issue with Mat damage
  • Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
  • Various replay fixes

Source - EA Forums

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 141 aholbert32 @ 09/15/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@aholbert -

Got a question for you my friend ... How do you keep the game 'fresh'? Are you a career mode guy (or online gamer) ... As for me, I'm purely offline. I don't game online (don't even have ps+). I heard from fellow members that career mode doesn't take too long and after a determined amount of matches, it ends and you retire (if I'm not mistaken, 40 or so matches). How is the AI on the career mode (I'm actually picking the game up today or tomorrow, just had alot on my plate with work, kids, & such)? Is there even an option to use Faber or GSP in a career mode? Any insight would be great on how you keep things fresh...

By the way, do you use twitch? Would be awesome to check out your UFC broadcasts... I saw a dude last night on twitch doing some offline UFC fights and gotta say, the CPU (compared to the demo) was VERY methodical in their strikes...And the user was playing SIM like so it was a beauty to watch, if one considers a bloody mess beautiful! LOL!

Cheers man and look forward to your response! And I see that you and EA dev team are back in the 'lab'! This is awesome stuff!
I actually just started Career mode and I'm only in my 5th fight. So far, it doesnt seem that deep. After you win the Ultimate Fighter, its train, add attributes, fight, watch video repeat. Not much to it.

What keeps it fresh is I've been running an offline league ever since UFC 1. I create my own cards and schedule events along with the real UFC Schedule. I have an excel sheet that keeps track of records, rankings and event cards (6 fights on each card). With this schedule, I'm guaranteed to play the game at least once every week.

I would love a promoter mode added to the game in the future so that I could do all the tracking within game but I dont know how interested EA would be in adding that.

# 142 fishingtime @ 09/15/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Front kick is a basic move and I wouldnt want to focus on that. My suggestion should be more "Fighter X doesnt do a Cartwheel kick" "Fighter X doesnt do Rubber Guard" "Fighter X isnt a sub guy, he shouldnt be going for Omaplatas"

I think that would be a good balance for the online and offline guys.

There are still plenty of people online. During the day on PS4 we usually have around 500 playing online. I only play online, so this topic is a huge concern of mine.

I totally agree with the moves you are saying. We should come up with a comprehensive list for each fighter but have it for the next game. The support has to end eventually, and with the current numbers it really doesn't seem economically feasible to continue to make patches. The amount of fighters that would need their movesets changed would probably be over half the roster.

If it were up to me I would remove all the flashy kicks from everyone who hasn't successfully used one. That would pretty much make the moves restricted to only a handful of fighters, and I am totally down with that. The unrealistic moves are spammed and make the fights look less realistic.

Quote:
Also I dont know if a change in movesets would affect online. People arent online anymore because 1) The game was pretty average at release with many online related issues 2) Most people arent aware of the many improvements the patches have added. 3) The demo was horrid and scared away a good number of potential buyers.

I actually don't agree with this assessment. I think a lot of people aren't online anymore because of the spam.

1)The online related issues were balance issues. This is probably the biggest reason, and made people sell the game.

2) Refer to #1. Less people playing equals less people aware of the patch. Plus a lot who sold it might know about the patch but don't care to purchase the game again just because they are interested in other games now.

3) I think the demo was great. I preordered my game because of it. EA MMA I skipped because of the demo.

# 143 aholbert32 @ 09/15/14 12:13 PM
@fishingtime - If Gameplaydev responds by saying they would be interested in our feedback on movesets, I would love to work with you on this. I rarely play online so it would be good to have someone look at the changes from that perspective. I'm sure there are a few others who would like to help also.

# 144 fishingtime @ 09/15/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
@fishingtime - If Gameplaydev responds by saying they would be interested in our feedback on movesets, I would love to work with you on this. I rarely play online so it would be good to have someone look at the changes from that perspective. I'm sure there are a few others who would like to help also.
Sure man. GPD would most likely link it on other sites as well for feedback. Feedback needs to come from all over.

# 145 aholbert32 @ 09/15/14 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Sure man. GPD would most likely link it on other sites as well for feedback. Feedback needs to come from all over.
Thats fine. The only issue I see is if people come here thinking that the rules are similar to the EA forums. I dont spend time over there much because the amount of trolling and lack of constructive discussion is at a high level there. We dont do that here. As long as people abide by the rules it should be fine.

# 146 fishingtime @ 09/15/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Thats fine. The only issue I see is if people come here thinking that the rules are similar to the EA forums. I dont spend time over there much because the amount of trolling and lack of constructive discussion is at a high level there. We dont do that here. As long as people abide by the rules it should be fine.
It would probably be best to do it there since it is still the most active forum for the game, and the official forums. Not to mention a lot won't make accounts here for this purpose alone. We need feedback from all over though as with patch 1.02 was actually done with no feedback from the official forums and pretty much was the worst patch released. I think most of the feedback was from Reddit for that patch. This last patch I know was from feedback from here as well as the official forums. With people on Reddit being directed to the official forums. This last patch (1.03) has really made the game amazing.

Side note:

I really hope they are thinking about sliders for offline in this next patch because that is what is needed. The AI fights more realistically now, but parries to no end on the higher difficulties. A slider to reduce this would make it so much better. Instead of messing with parries for everyone, which does need to be done because the window to get one is 1.33 seconds, they could allow the frequency to be adjusted for offline. They could cut the parry time in half and still be fine for online, but for offline play it wouldn't make a difference because the AI's inputs come in less time than that anyways. So they would still be parry machines.

# 147 PhiPsi1 @ 09/15/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
I actually just started Career mode and I'm only in my 5th fight. So far, it doesnt seem that deep. After you win the Ultimate Fighter, its train, add attributes, fight, watch video repeat. Not much to it.

What keeps it fresh is I've been running an offline league ever since UFC 1. I create my own cards and schedule events along with the real UFC Schedule. I have an excel sheet that keeps track of records, rankings and event cards (6 fights on each card). With this schedule, I'm guaranteed to play the game at least once every week.

I would love a promoter mode added to the game in the future so that I could do all the tracking within game but I dont know how interested EA would be in adding that.
Thanks for the response my friend ... I was thinking the same thing for my offline solution. I would most likely just take the approach like WWE Universe, where I make my own fight cards in each weight class and manually keep tab of what is going on in my 'UFC Universe'. So I'm thinking if I lose a fight, either take a fight with a lesser opponent to get a shot again at the 'UFC Universe' champ at the time ('House rules' of some sort)...OR an immediate rematch if the scorecards or result dictates it. Or I would run the actual UFC fight card events. That was my other option.

In all honesty, I was impressed with the demo (since I'm quite new to the UFC, haven't really gotten into it, but know the 'big names'...more of a boxing enthusiast...but by no means an expert)...And in all honesty, I'm just not good at this game for now...There is quite a learning curve based on my experience with the demo (which is AWESOME!) especially if one takes the approach of SIM fighting...i.e. avoid button mashing, etc...My fights were so varied. One fight did not feel the same as the next. And I logged in about 10 or so fights till I sat back and was like...man...this is already pretty awesome (albeit, the CPU even on the easy setting was WAY too aggressive)...But knowing that you worked with the EA Dev team to get it where its at and seeing videos after the 1.03 patch, I think it will be that much more varied...

I'm super stoked to be able to get this game today (tomorrow if work gets in the way...you know how that is...) and give it a go! I'm really looking forward to what the dev team has in store for us with the patch b/c I was reading your recent conversation with the dev team and it looks promising.

And man...if they could like patch in a promoter mode...the game would go to another level!

Again, thanks for working with the dev team on this (and EA Dev Team - HUGE PROPS for listening to the community) and hopefully, the more & more I learn about this sport, I would really like to lend a hand (or toss some ideas and/or questions your way).

Cheers!

# 148 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/15/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
We need feedback from all over though as with patch 1.02 was actually done with no feedback from the official forums and pretty much was the worst patch released..
The only thing people on the official forums had a problem with on patch 1.02 was the nerfing of weak block, which they are actually asking for again after the last patch brought it back closer to pre-1.02 values. Other than that one thing, patch 1.02 was warmly received everywhere I visited.

I don't really think the us vs. them attitude is very helpful. Each community brings something different to the table, OS seems very single player and sim oriented, the official forums seem to be have a very competitive online gaming bias, /r/MMA is obviously the hardcore MMA crowd with less of a gaming focus overall, and /r/EASportsUFC is a mixed bag drawing from many communities, but seems to draw in more casual fans, perhaps because of the lower barrier to entry. And of course there is cross over through all the communities.

Drawing feedback from all those places is healthy, and as long as the feedback is articulated well I'll always give it the weight it deserves.

# 149 fishingtime @ 09/15/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

I don't really think the us vs. them attitude is very helpful. Each community brings something different to the table, OS seems very single player and sim oriented, the official forums seem to be have a very competitive online gaming bias, /r/MMA is obviously the hardcore MMA crowd with less of a gaming focus overall, and /r/EASportsUFC is a mixed bag drawing from many communities, but seems to draw in more casual fans, perhaps because of the lower barrier to entry. And of course there is cross over through all the communities.

Drawing feedback from all those places is healthy, and as long as the feedback is articulated well I'll always give it the weight it deserves.
I wasn't trying to imply the us vs them for future patches. You can not deny that we on the official forums were pretty much ignored for the most part can you?

Not trying to insult you or anything. Just stating what I felt occurred and that this last patch was received a lot better than patch 1.02 was it not? I know the sweep from guard changes made an already unbalanced ground game completely unbalanced.

# 150 aholbert32 @ 09/15/14 03:07 PM
Quote:
The only thing people on the official forums had a problem with on patch 1.02 was the nerfing of weak block, which they are actually asking for again after the last patch brought it back closer to pre-1.02 values. Other than that one thing, patch 1.02 was warmly received everywhere I visited.

This.

The main difference between the forums is the primary focus (online vs. Offline/OS) and the aggressive modding at OS. I look at the EA forums and I find it difficult to easily determine what is an issue and what isnt. On the same page you will sometimes find a long thread praising one change and another thread calling that same change a game killer.

Anyway like I said, if this is something that GameplayDev is interested in, I would love to provide it and insure that the posts here at OS are constructive and articulate. I dont care if devs go to Redditt or EA Forums or Twitter to get more input just as long as the input here is equally valued.

# 151 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/15/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply the us vs them for future patches. You can not deny that we on the official forums were pretty much ignored for the most part can you?

Not trying to insult you or anything. Just stating what I felt occurred and that this last patch was received a lot better than patch 1.02 was it not?
I'm not denying that the official forums were ignored, they were and that was my fault. And there are a lot of really intelligent and articulate gamers on the forums (much more than I expected to be honest) who have given amazing feedback and ideas.

But the feedback I got on reddit was really good as well, especially in the first month. Reddit seems to be all but dead now however, and the official forums have had way more consistent activity.

# 152 fishingtime @ 09/15/14 03:14 PM
Quote:
I'm not denying that the official forums were ignored, they were and that was my fault. And there are a lot of really intelligent and articulate gamers on the forums (much more than I expected to be honest) who have given amazing feedback and ideas.

But the feedback I got on reddit was really good as well, especially in the first month. Reddit seems to be all but dead now however, and the official forums have had way more consistent activity.
All that matters is that you are there now, and this game is better than it has ever been. It is amazing in fact. At least from an online gamer's aspect. At least this online gamer.

# 153 fishingtime @ 09/15/14 03:30 PM
Quote:
This.

The main difference between the forums is the primary focus (online vs. Offline/OS) and the aggressive modding at OS. I look at the EA forums and I find it difficult to easily determine what is an issue and what isnt. On the same page you will sometimes find a long thread praising one change and another thread calling that same change a game killer.

Anyway like I said, if this is something that GameplayDev is interested in, I would love to provide it and insure that the posts here at OS are constructive and articulate. I dont care if devs go to Redditt or EA Forums or Twitter to get more input just as long as the input here is equally valued.

This. One of the main reasons I post here is to help make sure that the offline gets the much needed attention it gets. Hopefully with sliders. As well as Event Mode. Not to mention trying to keep changes specific for online and offline.

Offline gamers make up the majority of the player base. When you look at the online numbers you can see that it is the most used aspect since the "Online" numbers refer to the people signed in to the servers. Whereas the "Fighting Now" numbers refer to those actually in ranked, player, or rivalry matches.

I'm an online gamer, but I know the importance of offline for this series as they are the players who make up the biggest portion of the game's sales. Which translates into better games. Most people only care about what they like to play and don't look at the ramifications of one or the other.

I believe all feedback should be valued, and believe we are finally there in regards to that.

# 154 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/19/14 06:09 PM
I had this incident last night, playing as Mark Hunt vs Roy Nelson. Roy got tired so he clinched me. While in the clinch I knee'ed Roy Nelson 30 times in a row to the body. Nothing happened to Roy Nelson. It was as though the knees to the body didn't hurt him at all. If it wasn't for the ref breaking us apart, I would have probably landed 100 knees to the body in the clinch.

I was thinking to myself, how is Roy Nelson's ribs not broken ? Shouldn't some sort of body shot TKO animation happen ? I was fully expecting Roy Nelson to drop, but nope, he just stood there holding me in the clinch while I threw Knee after knee to his body.

So that definitely need to be looked into. One shouldn't be able to throw that many knees to somebody's body non stop and nothing happens to him.

# 155 allBthere @ 09/23/14 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I had this incident last night, playing as Mark Hunt vs Roy Nelson. Roy got tired so he clinched me. While in the clinch I knee'ed Roy Nelson 30 times in a row to the body. Nothing happened to Roy Nelson. It was as though the knees to the body didn't hurt him at all. If it wasn't for the ref breaking us apart, I would have probably landed 100 knees to the body in the clinch.

I was thinking to myself, how is Roy Nelson's ribs not broken ? Shouldn't some sort of body shot TKO animation happen ? I was fully expecting Roy Nelson to drop, but nope, he just stood there holding me in the clinch while I threw Knee after knee to his body.

So that definitely need to be looked into. One shouldn't be able to throw that many knees to somebody's body non stop and nothing happens to him.

Roy's belly just absorbs the damage. You should have done that vs a differnt opponent without a beer belly.

Everyone knows it's useless going to the body when it's a well seasoned beer gut

# 156 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/25/14 03:23 PM
Did this patch affect the demo ? I sold the game but wouldn't mind picking it up for cheap

# 157 GameplayDevUFC @ 09/25/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Did this patch affect the demo ? I sold the game but wouldn't mind picking it up for cheap
No, the demo hasn't been updated with any of the patch changes.

It's a suggestion someone has made (to update the demo) and I'm going to forward that feedback along to the powers that be. I have no idea how feasible that is.

# 158 fballturkey @ 09/29/14 09:23 PM
I don't know where else to put this but didn't think it deserved its own thread, but I just now realized that you actually have to rotate the right stick when you go for a takedown attempt. It'll let you TRY a takedown attempt if you push it, but the attempt will fail every single time. Is that new? I've always been a standup fighter but wanted to try something new and I was getting extremely frustrated before I figured that out.

# 159 aholbert32 @ 09/29/14 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I don't know where else to put this but didn't think it deserved its own thread, but I just now realized that you actually have to rotate the right stick when you go for a takedown attempt. It'll let you TRY a takedown attempt if you push it, but the attempt will fail every single time. Is that new? I've always been a standup fighter but wanted to try something new and I was getting extremely frustrated before I figured that out.

Always been the case. Rotating was in the the thq game.

# 160 fballturkey @ 09/29/14 10:52 PM
I guess I knew it and then forgot it, because I used to do takedowns fine online when I played. Weird that it even lets you attempt (but never actually get) the takedown if you don't rotate though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.