Home
NHL 15 News Post

The same way EA Access gave users just six hours of gameplay for the trial version of Madden NFL 15, news has arrived that NHL 15 will offer the same amount of time.

Of course, the NHL 15 demo is already available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users, there was no demo for Madden NFL 15.

The trial version of NHL 15 on EA Access should be available on September 4th at noon EST, maybe a little sooner. There was a problem on Microsoft's end delaying the release for early access to Madden NFL 15 by three and a half hours. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

For subscription prices and additional details on EA Access, click here.

Quote:
When can I try NHL 15 on Xbox One?
EA Access members will be able to download and play NHL 15 for up to six hours starting on Thursday, September 4th.

What will the NHL 15 trial include?
Members will be able to download the full NHL 15 game and play it for six hours. You can play all at once or spread your gaming over five days. Either way, you'll get regular updates letting you know how much time you have left. Note that the clock is still ticking when the game is running in the background on the Xbox One, though, so be sure to quit the game when you're not playing in order to maximize your game time.

Thanks to crankybaker for the heads up!

UPDATE: EA has removed the 6 hour time limit from the original post (you can see the original cached post here) Could we see the game for 5 full days? We will dig around.

Thanks @ghettoblasta187!

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RUFFNREADY @ 08/28/14 11:46 PM
What a crap deal! I went into buying EA Access, like it was EA Sports Season Ticket; and I got burned! I still don't understand why Madden15 was only 6 hours (with no Demo), and I sure don't see why 6 hours is all I am going to get for NHL15 (and they already dropped their Demo)? So I should expect FIFA15 to be a 6 hour trail as well? With a couple of "playable" games in the Vault, and a few EA SPORTS title which I do like; I believe, I need to read the fine print a bit more when it comes to EA products being sold anywhere!!!
You got me again EA.
Darn you!

# 2 RUFFNREADY @ 08/28/14 11:48 PM
EA should really rename, "EA Access", to "EA 6-hour Trail Access"...really!
Darn you EA!

# 3 crankybaker @ 08/28/14 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
What a crap deal! I went into buying EA Access, like it was EA Sports Season Ticket; and I got burned! I still don't understand why Madden15 was only 6 hours (with no Demo), and I sure don't see why 6 hours is all I am going to get for NHL15 (and they already dropped their Demo)? So I should expect FIFA15 to be a 6 hour trail as well? With a couple of "playable" games in the Vault, and a few EA SPORTS title which I do like; I believe, I need to read the fine print a bit more when it comes to EA products being sold anywhere!!!
You got me again EA.
Darn you!

Thats the problem the fine print said limited access to the full game over a 5 day period. Which says to me the limited access is 5 days but ohh how wrong I was.........Well played EA you got me again

# 4 Haeyena @ 08/29/14 12:30 AM
Has Anyone heard if you can buy the game through EA Access? I have that credit from MS that would cover it... Making it essentially free this year

# 5 snc237 @ 08/29/14 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I had fun with the demo, I put it on Beginner and scored 7 goals! Not bad for a guy that hasnt played a hockey game in 20 years. Graphics are amazing looks like a real hockey game on TV.

I think I get the 6 hour time limit now, the people the most upset about the time limit are most likely the ones thats going to buy the game anyway, what EA is trying to do is get new people to buy the game. Since I don;t plan on buying the game, a 6 hour time limit is plenty, its like a bonus; EA is hoping 6 hours is enough to get people like me to buy the game.
First off why are you playing on beginner? That's meant for a the 4 year old that has never played video games. At least give your self a challenge and have it in rookie or sown thing. Come on man. Now to my main point, 6 hours darn it. You are correct the people that are upset a about 6 hours are the people going to buy the game like me. We bought access more so for for the ability to play early and a lot of us were hoping it was like season ticket. Unfortunately that's not the case. Yes yes we all saw the limited amount of time but most of were agreeing that was probably for single player campaign games like mirrors edge so you couldn't beat the game before it even came out. So to finish this off, just like madden I'm disappointed again.

# 6 videlsports @ 08/29/14 10:15 AM
Really just six Hours for this too.. EA Acess is not worth the money, Season pass was better, So I did not buy any sports titles this year, beginning to feel like I'm not missing anything SMH

# 7 Al_Tito13 @ 08/29/14 10:23 AM
I would of course have prefered it to be unlimited, but 4.99$ for 6 hours of play of a game that is not released yet, this isn't bad at all, it's not even 1$ for an hour. I will probably play the game with a friend, meaning that we will get around 12 hours of entertainement for 5$ each.

# 8 drich @ 08/29/14 10:34 AM
Can I just pay $5 for 1 month and then quit the program?

# 9 Al_Tito13 @ 08/29/14 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drich
Can I just pay $5 for 1 month and then quit the program?
From what I understand, yes. However, you will have to cancel your EA Access membership, because if you don't, it will renew automatically every month.

# 10 HenryClay1844 @ 08/29/14 10:48 AM
Why would you alienate the people who will play your games the most? What possible benefit comes to you from limiting this to 6 hours versus say 24 hours? However as the Madden access proved there are always people who will pay this, just like their are people who pay thousands of dollars or tickets to games or buy $300 jeans.

# 11 murph17 @ 08/29/14 11:34 AM
there's been a lot of backlash against the 6 hour limit. my guess is (hopefully) they will re-visit that limit for next year's sports games.

# 12 chrisphil1724 @ 08/29/14 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
there's been a lot of backlash against the 6 hour limit. my guess is (hopefully) they will re-visit that limit for next year's sports games.
Not if people keep buying a second or third subscription for more hours! Listen people if you don't like the 6 hour limit, you need to speak-out with your dollars as well as your words and NOT GIVE EA MORE MONEY!

EDIT: Side note, those 6 hours will let you play AFTER the release as well. So I do not see EA ever giving more then 6 hours for any game. I could still play Madden 15 in "trial mode" the day of release and last night.

# 13 mcmax3000 @ 08/29/14 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Why would you alienate the people who will play your games the most? What possible benefit comes to you from limiting this to 6 hours versus say 24 hours? However as the Madden access proved there are always people who will pay this, just like their are people who pay thousands of dollars or tickets to games or buy $300 jeans.
You gain the fact that for a lot of people 24 hours is far more time than they need with a sports game. Sure, not the kind of people posting on a site like this, but EA Access is meant for far more than just those people.

Even me, someone who really likes sports games, and posts on a site like this, I'm not a huge football fan. The six hours is probably enough Madden for me, to the point that I'll probably skip buying this year's game, because I've still got plenty of time left on my trial (I imagine they'll eventually take that away, but I did try starting the game after it was out, and I was still able to play my trial).

# 14 bluedog52 @ 08/29/14 12:57 PM
Was anyone able to purchase madden before the release date using ea access? After the 6 hour trial, a day? Couple hours before midnight release date? Hoping I can get my hands on NHL 15 early cause 6 hours won't be enough for me I'll end up using it by Saturday

# 15 TDKing @ 08/29/14 02:59 PM
6 hours for this game is plenty for me. After a couple of play now games there won't be much else for me to do.

# 16 ckarlic @ 08/29/14 03:05 PM
To be honest, I still had a couple of hours left on my Madden Early access. I just didnt have the time to play the full 6 hours with work and all. Plus, I picked up Diablo 3 which ate up most of my time anyway. Between that and the Show, 6 hours to me is pretty good.

# 17 Buddywalker @ 08/29/14 03:21 PM
EA only needs to put in the option to buy and play the full game a few days before the offical release date on the streets. Ok, I'm dreaming.

# 18 El_Poopador @ 08/29/14 04:25 PM
I understand being upset with only having six hours, but for anyone who plans on buying the game, it's a good deal either way. Seeing as how you get 10% (or $6) off the retail game if you do the digital download, you're paying a dollar less to play the game early. If you end up not liking it, you're essentially saving $55 by playing it and realizing you don't like it, so you don't buy it.

Yes, I wish it was unlimited play for those five days, but it's not as bad as everyone is making it sound.

# 19 jaxxs @ 08/29/14 04:26 PM
ea updated the nhl 15 trial faq link today, no longer does it say 6 hrs, either they jumped the gun or maybe it will be unlimited time ( we can only hope)

# 20 canucksss @ 08/29/14 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I think I get the 6 hour time limit now, the people the most upset about the time limit are most likely the ones thats going to buy the game anyway, what EA is trying to do is get new people to buy the game. Since I don;t plan on buying the game, a 6 hour time limit is plenty, its like a bonus; EA is hoping 6 hours is enough to get people like me to buy the game.
Because EA cannot get the loyal customers back due to their poor effort in this game...LOL.

Hopefully the guys here in OS will give us the real deal about this game. I would really like to know if there's a great improvement or not in gameplay.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.