Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

PadPoet and GamersPack Israel have both posted video interviews with NBA 2K15 Senior Producer, Rob Jones. He talks about new animations, "Sit-Tech" AI engine, play calling, team specific sets and much more.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Behindshadows @ 08/29/14 02:28 AM
Rob Jones, shut up because you are awesome....

He could have said,"2k15 is just 100% different!"

and I'd believe him, these guys have done nothing but focus on improvements year after year and it shows....Rob, Mike, LD2k, Zach, Ronnie and all of them are amazing...

# 2 tsbmolina @ 08/29/14 04:02 AM

Between LD2k, Ronnie2K, and now the man Rob Jones at the 2:17 mark all stating there is a feature yet to be announced that's going to make fan's extremely excited I would be willing to bet we will in fact get that TNT presentation we all been begging for. What better way to make the presentation be all it can be. 2K has stated several times it's about authenticity this year so I would expect this to play a big role in that.

# 3 lakers24 @ 08/29/14 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina

Between LD2k, Ronnie2K, and now the man Rob Jones at the 2:17 mark all stating there is a feature yet to be announced that's going to make fan's extremely excited I would be willing to bet we will in fact get that TNT presentation we all been begging for. What better way to make the presentation be all it can be. 2K has stated several times it's about authenticity this year so I would expect this to play a big role in that.
Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up there. I'm pretty sure it'll probably have something to do with the "robust create a player" feature they alluded to.

# 4 tsbmolina @ 08/29/14 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up there. I'm pretty sure it'll probably have something to do with the "robust create a player" feature they alluded to.
A man can wishful think, lol

# 5 silverskier @ 08/29/14 06:57 AM
Interesting videos. I like what Rob says about play calling, defensive and offensive AI, the fact that they have introduced the new animations to correct and improve certain aspects of the game like rebounding, blocking, defensive interaction, etc. A pity he doesn't comment anything about online leagues .

# 6 spankdatazz22 @ 08/29/14 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
I know these videos were recorded about 2 weeks ago, but its funny how slow we get info for a game that comes out in just over a month. 2K is a big deal nowadays. Its even fair to compare them to COD in Regards to perennial releases because they're both major sellers every year. I understand after this long of being a hardcore fan of the 2K franchise that they have a strategy when it comes to info being released about their games. What I don't understand is how can a game like COD which has the pretty much the same development window to release a new title every year, seems to release a ton of info about their products months before release and they STILL manage to sell regardless of who their competitor's are.
COD has two or even three separate development teams working on the game, alternating releases if I recall. I'd say that's one big difference off the top of my head.

It's more fair to compare the game to other sports games imo. The release info is more comparable when using that as a metric. There is another NBA basketball game releasing and they've released far less information to date - that's an even more specific/fair comparison.

# 7 kolanji @ 08/29/14 07:54 AM
Great interviews..... he spoke about 5000 new animations being added into the game to smoothing the movements and collisions which to me could be one of the greatest addition, because it will give back more control to the users

Would have loved to hear about animations that HAD been Removed if any............

I hope that delayed passes after collision are gone and the drop ball animation where the player is humped over as well (way too many great ball handlers dropping the ball during dribbling collisions)........ but most importantly I hope the bounced back band aid blocking foul animation that is only being called if ball handler is forced out of bounce or backcourt is gone

Am sure the threshold for animations with the new hardware will give rise to way more added animations, but I am also hoping that it improves controller responsiveness and not reduce it

Looking forward to hear more about this game

# 8 jr2424 @ 08/29/14 09:20 AM
I gotta believe the information will start to drop next week. With a little bit more than four weeks to go at that point, 2K will probably focus on one big feature a week leading up to release. One of those announcements should be the demo, too.

# 9 stillfeelme @ 08/29/14 12:05 PM
Rob Jones pointed out issues we had with 2K14. To me it sound like he was reading verbatim from OS post but it sounds like 2K15 is going to be a beast from a gameplay perspective

• New AI engine "Sit-Tech" changes how the players move to certain situations on the court and the animations they added with offense and defense were done to work with.
  • Playcalling setup appears to have changed he didn't go into details but it almost sounded closely like something Vannwolf brought up about organizing the plays by play type. I actually think that is much better and I think that is probably the best option.
  • He mentioned how there is team specific sets and players are better connected to AI.

# 10 Da_Czar @ 08/29/14 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Rob Jones pointed out issues we had with 2K14. To me it sound like he was reading verbatim from OS post but it sounds like 2K15 is going to be a beast from a gameplay perspective

• New AI engine "Sit-Tech" changes how the players move to certain situations on the court and the animations they added with offense and defense were done to work with.
  • Playcalling setup appears to have changed he didn't go into details but it almost sounded closely like something Vannwolf brought up about organizing the plays by play type. I actually think that is much better and I think that is probably the best option.
  • He mentioned how there is team specific sets and players are better connected to AI.
Yes, that is exactly as described you will see all of your first play type listed and then all of the second. etc etc.

# 11 2_headedmonster @ 08/29/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yes, that is exactly as described you will see all of your first play type listed and then all of the second. etc etc.
niiiice... i remember reading that idea and thinking it would take the guess work out of play calling for my cousin.

# 12 stillfeelme @ 08/29/14 02:17 PM
Quote:
Good looking out Czar I actually think that is about as good as it can get. I wasn't sure that was going to make it in. Can't wait to hear more once you and the Dev's start talking more about gameplay

# 13 JMart14 @ 08/29/14 03:34 PM
Can I use plays from the Euroleague Playbook on an NBA team in MyLeague?

# 14 NYCDaFutureisBack @ 08/29/14 03:35 PM
Quote:
Great news, now if we can just get the saved plays and every team playbooks in use for Online this year for X1/Ps4 that will make it so much better! And good info from Rob Jones. OnlineNation and SimNation All Day

# 15 reptilexcq @ 08/29/14 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDaFutureisBack
Great news, now if we can just get the saved plays and every team playbooks in use for Online this year for X1/Ps4 that will make it so much better! And good info from Rob Jones. OnlineNation and SimNation All Day
Definitely want my defensive and offensive strategy to be saved whenever I am playing online so I don't have to go to the menu every time the game loads up.

# 16 OGSPORTS @ 08/29/14 05:55 PM
Quote:
It really has me like....

# 17 Sundown @ 08/29/14 07:13 PM
"Sit-Tech" sounds like EA's technology for bench celebrations.

# 18 DaBoyBk @ 08/29/14 09:27 PM
Quote:
That will make things so much simpler and cleaner for us to call plays
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDaFutureisBack
This is the next big thing needed asap!!! Sim ballers who run plays have to set plays up each game which takes a big chunk of the 3:00 given to us. Sometimes during the games we need to make adjustments and extending the 3:00 would make games to long but allowing us to save online playbooks would make it easy and 3:00 would actually be more than enough time in case we have to make in game adjustments to the strategy and maybe even if we end up in overtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Definitely want my defensive and offensive strategy to be saved whenever I am playing online so I don't have to go to the menu every time the game loads up.
Yes this is so much of a headache, at times it turns opponents away as they think you are gonna be playing cheesey ball or they just lose patience and quit before the game.

# 19 2_headedmonster @ 08/30/14 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
"Sit-Tech" sounds like EA's technology for bench celebrations.
and the award for most underrated post of the thread goes to...

# 20 2_headedmonster @ 08/30/14 01:56 AM
Quote:
will the sequence go:

call play command> select player> select play type> select play

or

call play command> select player> (page 1) play type 1> etc.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.