Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcement with a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 nick_sr @ 09/01/14 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
I often wonder what drives this hostility towards live. I find it hard to believe people here are that upset because they bought a live game for $60 once and were disappointed to the point where there is a constant need to point out negatives here and make demands like they are owed something.

I didn't agree with the OP because it seemed to cater to the lowest denominator here of where is the trailer and live sucks type responses.

Hopefully with the trailer and demo coming out soon we can get some good dialog going and constructive feedback for wtf to bring to the devs.
Man your my favorite poster on this site!!! Always keeping real and giving me a laugh👌

# 182 The 24th Letter @ 09/01/14 10:44 PM
It's like the 10th version of the same "stop picking of Live" post though

# 183 qnzballa5 @ 09/01/14 11:15 PM
Can't wait for the screen shots of player tattoos and sneakers to come after these stadium screen shots are done with!!

# 184 King_B_Mack @ 09/01/14 11:49 PM
I would imagine so. The other game will be dropping info every Tuesday. Live's marketing strategy seems to always land them on the same day or a day before they do something.

# 185 eye guy @ 09/02/14 12:07 AM
At this point, I think i'd rather see EA focus on their other titles. For Live to be competitive, they either need to take the time behind closed doors to develop a product good enough for their fans or just admit defeat (for now. Think college basketball etc, etc...) and focus on shutting the door on their competition on other titles.

# 186 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/02/14 12:27 AM

# 187 WTF @ 09/02/14 06:58 AM
No, that is not their marketing team.

That's Cedric 22 from here, Izzy Snow, the Live gamer of the year that won the contest, and a few other guys. Not affiliated. They just like the game.

# 188 KyotoCarl @ 09/02/14 07:55 AM
I too feel it's strange that they haven't shown the game yet. It's like The Sims 4. Noone will get to see the game before release, and that's a sign there's trouble.

Although, there's nothing that says that you have to pre-order or buy it on day one. You can easily wait a week or so and read up on the game after release and then buy it.

I feel that when a company doesn't show their product, he they know there's interest in it, before release, that it's not up to par.
If they had confidence they would've shown a lot to build up hype.

# 189 WTF @ 09/02/14 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I too feel it's strange that they haven't shown the game yet. It's like The Sims 4. Noone will get to see the game before release, and that's a sign there's trouble.

Although, there's nothing that says that you have to pre-order or buy it on day one. You can easily wait a week or so and read up on the game after release and then buy it.

I feel that when a company doesn't show their product, he they know there's interest in it, before release, that it's not up to par.
If they had confidence they would've shown a lot to build up hype.
There's a month before release. If they don't show video beforehand, then by all means be wary. But at this point, no cause for concern.

# 190 NimaAkaJoJo @ 09/02/14 08:12 AM
Demo within the next two week, according to the open letter. Chill out in the mean time.

# 191 thedream2k13 @ 09/02/14 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
Demo within the next two week, according to the open letter. Chill out in the mean time.
You do realize that open letter promised many things that never happened ?

# 192 DBMcGee3 @ 09/02/14 08:40 AM
This is just standard procedure at EA. If you can't beat 'em, just keep your game a secret until release day and hopefully someone will buy it on blind faith. I have also noticed a sharp drop off in FIFA 15 videos since PES had its highly touted showing at Gamescom, and subsequently released tons of footage of what looks to be great game play. FIFA is such a HUGE brand name, they realize that tons of people will buy it just for the names and licenses, so they're shying away from direct video comparisons between the two games.

# 193 SVCbearcat10 @ 09/02/14 09:01 AM
They should just end this game and put more resources towards NHL.

# 194 ovo_1013 @ 09/02/14 10:05 AM
I feel like EA hasn't shown much because there's not much content to talk about besides visuals, gameplay, presentation and the touches made to the game modes. All of that can be talked about in one week. They've continually stressed visuals/gameplay. Yeah some screenshots of other players and action on the court would be nice, but that'll come eventually. Maybe they have a schedule set to talk about everything up to the trial being released and then letting you judge the game for yourself mid September. I'd say the 16th if they plan on releasing it earlier than usual. But it could be the 23rd.

# 195 sega2k @ 09/02/14 10:25 AM
The trailer better drop today, this suspense is killing me..Let me see the game!!!

# 196 Kottonmouthklla @ 09/02/14 10:50 AM
Cant wait for his game haven't logged into OS for over two years had to come back just to say i'm excited for NBA live 15's trailer/demo that's coming out hopefully soon

# 197 nick_sr @ 09/02/14 11:03 AM
[quote=sega2k;2046541641]The trailer better drop today, this suspense is killing me..Let me see the game!!![/QUO
I'm more concerned to know more about the game. Free copy from ea or my own purchase this game will be on my possession. Trailer isnt going to to affect me .

# 198 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/02/14 11:16 AM
The easportsnba twitter account has favorited a couple tweets about the trailer today . Hope it drops

# 199 23 @ 09/02/14 11:45 AM
[quote=nick_sr;2046541715]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
The trailer better drop today, this suspense is killing me..Let me see the game!!![/QUO
I'm more concerned to know more about the game. Free copy from ea or my own purchase this game will be on my possession. Trailer isnt going to to affect me .
That certainly ain't a shocker. Not even to a blind man.

Anyway

I think whoever bought and claimed they liked last year's game will probably like this one as well but it's those millions of other people they need to win over with the late marketing blitz.

It's that possible?

# 200 sega2k @ 09/02/14 11:55 AM
I'm expecting the trailer to drop sometime in the early afternoon...I remember last year it released right around lunch time..Don't disappoint me me EA...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.