Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcement with a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WTF @ 08/30/14 02:38 PM
You don't have to buy drastic changes. If you don't like it when you try it, fine. To say that they'd show it off if it were improved is your opinion. Things happen to delay release of information.

Their marketing doesn't operate like Ronnie2k and LD2K. They hype stuff which often leads to disappointment after stuff is released. That's something Live can't do. They'll release on their schedule.

OBrien probably should have checked with marketing prior to talking about an info release schedule.

Regardless, once something is shown (soon), it'll start the information release schedule. I understand pessimism, but the lack of information doesn't indicate lack of a quality title.

# 22 23 @ 08/30/14 02:47 PM
I don't think it means lack of quality but it does increase public scrutiny imo.

Happens to 2k as well. It's like OK now look what they didn't do what they didn't fix what theyre hiding blah blah.

Especially this place well put by Mike Wang. ...

CSI OS...lol

Id hate to have to mod this place.

Oh wait. .. ugh

# 23 Dazraz @ 08/30/14 02:49 PM
I think the dead air from EA has come about in reaction to the recent videos/info from 2K in relation to NBA 2K15. Once again EA have realised their game falls well short & are already in damage limitation mode.

# 24 WTF @ 08/30/14 02:51 PM
Better you than me

I agree, the public scrutiny is exactly what the lack of information gets.

OBrien should have never mentioned a release schedule. I know he's proud of the game, and rightfully so. He could have been shooting from the hip as far as I know. I think the information should be prepared and outlined prior to committing to anything.

Here's to hoping CSI OS will find quite a bit of positives once the trailer drops.

# 25 nick_sr @ 08/30/14 02:54 PM
Speculations smh #Provem

# 26 H to the Oza @ 08/30/14 02:55 PM
Are there still NBA Live fans around?

# 27 nick_sr @ 08/30/14 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Better you than me

I agree, the public scrutiny is exactly what the lack of information gets.

OBrien should have never mentioned a release schedule. I know he's proud of the game, and rightfully so. He could have been shooting from the hip as far as I know. I think the information should be prepared and outlined prior to committing to anything.

Here's to hoping CSI OS will find quite a bit of positives once the trailer drops.
Positives? You know certain ppl are salivating for the opportunity to thrash this game #MindAlreadyMadeUp

# 28 Dazraz @ 08/30/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
After seeing the 2K15 trailer, are you guys truly amazed and impressed? I mean are there drastic improvements from 2K14..To me 2K looks like they focused more on the small detail this year..From the off-screen gameplay from gamescom and the trailer they released..It looks just like 2K14 with just better lighting, better cheerleaders, moving hair, and no 1-3-1 cheese..
Even it that were true it would still be a wiser choice as opposed to a game where the only selling point is how good the arenas look!

# 29 magicman32 @ 08/30/14 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You don't have to buy drastic changes. If you don't like it when you try it, fine. To say that they'd show it off if it were improved is your opinion. Things happen to delay release of information.

Their marketing doesn't operate like Ronnie2k and LD2K. They hype stuff which often leads to disappointment after stuff is released. That's something Live can't do. They'll release on their schedule.

OBrien probably should have checked with marketing prior to talking about an info release schedule.

Regardless, once something is shown (soon), it'll start the information release schedule. I understand pessimism, but the lack of information doesn't indicate lack of a quality title.

I'm assuming you've played live 15. And you were one of the rare people who enjoyed live 14. But The op brings up a great point. How do explain the broken promises? Why break promises when there's "Drastic" improvements. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't add up.

Last year it was "well just play it". And even after most people played it the reaction was mostly negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 Ermolli @ 08/30/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?
Well...actually we know which modes are in the game, the exact same ones with little tuning or improvement (better logic on Rising Star and Dynasty Mode and auctions on Ultimate Team); and they've mentioned some gameplay changes.
Besides that I get the point of the article or I think I do.

I don't understand why Sean O’Brien even bother to put dates to something he wasn't totally sure they could deliver, by doing that they only get more disbelief and more concerns from potential customers; if he didn't say a word about it I don't think it'd be much of a problem since information about games usually come out late although repeating the same process as Live 14 isn't doing them any favours.

I hope we get more information soon with gameplay videos, trial and demo but it isn't like I'll choose which basketball game I'll get before trying them both.

# 31 23 @ 08/30/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Positives? You know certain ppl are salivating for the opportunity to thrash this game #MindAlreadyMadeUp
And certain ones are looking to over defend as well. They're both in the same boat

# 32 da ThRONe @ 08/30/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
I'm assuming you've played live 15. And you were one of the rare people who enjoyed live 14. But The op brings up a great point. How do explain the broken promises? Why break promises when there's "Drastic" improvements. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't add up.

Last year it was "well just play it". And even after most people played it the reaction was mostly negative.

There are a few reasons why the promise was broken not all of which means Live 15 is doomed and WTF named one. Maybe those promises weren't meant to be made in the 1st place? Maybe EA are over thinking things and want to micromanage ever detail they release? Maybe the developers decided time could be better spent doing something other than updates. Maybe the game is awful and they're scared for their jobs that it can't hold up to 2k15? At this point all people can do is wait or speculate.

# 33 sega2k @ 08/30/14 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32

Yeah I asked on here what happened to the July promise of them showing gameplay..Then I asked in August and nothing happened again..All I'm saying is this trailer better be straight fuego...I better have the same reaction that I had last year when 2K released the "OMG" trailer for next-gen...My jaw better hit the floor..

# 34 Junior Moe @ 08/30/14 03:13 PM
I kind of feel like the Live team is hiding something. We all know that the game isn't going to trump 2K just yet, all I am looking for is rock solid improvement to give the game a shot. Put it out there and let people adjust to the news. Because if the game isn't up to snuff at this point, everyone is gonna say that they were "hiding" it from us. Get the bad news out the way first. Like how 2K immediately squashed the Inside the NBA speculation. It was disappointing, but we got over it and are looking forward to the game more than ever. 2K did okey dope us with the VC last year, though... Judging by the arena pics and the Lillard shot, Live is going to look good. We know that minimal improvements have gone into the game modes. Time to get to the meat and potatoes; GAMEPLAY.

# 35 23 @ 08/30/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
There are a few reasons why the promise was broken not all of which means Live 15 is doomed and WTF named one. Maybe those promises weren't meant to be made in the 1st place? Maybe EA are over thinking things and want to micromanage ever detail they release? Maybe the developers decided time could be better spent doing something other than updates. Maybe the game is awful and they're scared for their jobs that it can't hold up to 2k15? At this point all people can do is wait or speculate.

People have no choice but to wait...and this encourages speculation that's the point.

Honestly just look at you tube comments on almost anythjng. This is what you're up against. People on the unchained Internet can get wild man lol.

# 36 da ThRONe @ 08/30/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Yeah I asked on here what happened to the July promise of them showing gameplay..Then I asked in August and nothing happened again..All I'm saying is this trailer better be straight fuego...I better have the same reaction that I had last year when 2K released the "OMG" trailer for next-gen...My jaw better hit the floor..

This is one of the popular opinions I share. I don't mind them releasing info late. However it better be damn good!

# 37 WTF @ 08/30/14 03:16 PM
I did enjoy a lot of what Live 14 offered. I trashed it when it first released. It was horrible.

The updates made some good progress. With that said, I can't go back and play 14. I'm looking forward to 15. Live 14 showed some of the direction that they were heading. Live 15 will be massive steps in the right direction.

The broken promises, like I mentioned earlier, I have no excuse for. The only thing that I can think is the OB was shooting from the hip when it clearly wasn't in Lives info release plan. Not an excuse for him saying how much info we'd get, nor when we'd get it.

Again, the game stunk to high heavens upon release last year. Atrocious. But the updates made me see a lot of things that"I" look for. This release of Live 15 will show stuff that "you" or everyone else will enjoy and look for in a game.

That still doesn't excuse the lack of information after it was promised. I miss the days of scouring EGM magazine for a screen or two, then coming here to post about it a month before release.

The hype machines hyping announcements big and small have taken us away from that. 1 month to go...

# 38 da ThRONe @ 08/30/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
People have no choice but to wait...and this encourages speculation that's the point.

Honestly just look at you tube comments on almost anythjng. This is what you're up against. People on the unchained Internet can get wild man lol.

Should have put wait and/or speculate.

However I agree that not showing info or keeping the public uninformed is terrible marketing. My point has always been it makes me no difference and that I don't know why it does to other people. That certainly doesn't mean it doesn't matter to the vast majority.

# 39 sega2k @ 08/30/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This is one of the popular opinions I share. I don't mind them releasing info late. However it better be damn good!
Yeah if they hold out info all this time AND the trailer is mediocre or doesn't give people enthusiasm to buy the game..Well...you know what will happen..

# 40 da ThRONe @ 08/30/14 03:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah if they hold out info all this time AND the trailer is mediocre or doesn't give people enthusiasm to buy the game..Well...you know what will happen..

Yeah I went so hard after the whole Elite 11 debacle I got an infraction and felt obligated to apologize in private to one of the developers so I'm no "fan boy"(I really hate many of the internet terms). Did the same to Live 14(though I managed to be far more appropriate).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.