Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcement with a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 23 @ 08/30/14 03:40 PM
I do think we all should leave that cancelled talk staked away because that's not what's going on and is really unwarranted right now

# 42 NoTiCe_O @ 08/30/14 03:48 PM
If You think about it, they Never Really Broke any Promises. The Fact that they told you a Demo is coming is indeed a detail about Gameplay. The fact that they're telling you you can play the game is a detail about the "game"play. Just not what you Expected. Since Everyone Wants to Jump on them I guess I can Stick up for them. Not to mention the Developer Interview we got Yest. does indeed Talk about some Gameplay details we or "I" didn't know. Mainly how the on-boarding process works and the depth of it. Still August. Though Late. We've Seen Hands on Preview(s) well one, and we've seen content Pop up on the Site so what Promise Have they Really Broken.. Actually more than one Hands on Preview according to the Main article we're in Right Now, didn't think about the Game Informer one.

Now Here's my Theory............

They've got some work to do on the Game so they want to make sure its Golden before actually releasing. We already know that NBA Live Has the Ability to update the Game add in Content, take Away Content, I mean they can put in Full Heads and Face Scans for Crying out Loud, maybe there More Concerned with the Quality of the Product rather than Trying to impress doubters with a Trailer 59% of People are gonna Hate on Anyways. I Literally seen someone on Twitter say that Damian Lillard Screenshot was trash or that it looked Terrible. I was like Really? So I Don't Blame them for Holding Back, the Wolves are Growling Ready to Bite.

# 43 nick_sr @ 08/30/14 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeguy
I get this crazy feeling that they're going to cancel this game at the last minute. smh
lol. thaat thought has crossed my mind a lot for some reason #justahunch

# 44 da ThRONe @ 08/30/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
If You think about it, they Never Really Broke any Promises. The Fact that they told you a Demo is coming is indeed a detail about Gameplay. The fact that they're telling you you can play the game is a detail about the "game"play. Just not what you Expected. Since Everyone Wants to Jump on them I guess I can Stick up for them. Not to mention the Developer Interview we got Yest. does indeed Talk about some Gameplay details we or "I" didn't know. Mainly how the on-boarding process works and the depth of it. Still August. Though Late. We've Seen Hands on Preview(s) well one, and we've seen content Pop up on the Site so what Promise Have they Really Broken.. Actually more than one Hands on Preview according to the Main article we're in Right Now, didn't think about the Game Informer one.

Now Here's my Theory............

They've got some work to do on the Game so they want to make sure its Golden before actually releasing. We already know that NBA Live Has the Ability to update the Game add in Content, take Away Content, I mean they can put in Full Heads and Face Scans for Crying out Loud, maybe there More Concerned with the Quality of the Product rather than Trying to impress doubters with a Trailer 59% of People are gonna Hate on Anyways. I Literally seen someone on Twitter say that Damian Lillard Screenshot was trash or that it looked Terrible. I was like Really? So I Don't Blame them for Holding Back, the Wolves are Growling Ready to Bite.

As a person whom finds himself with a unique opinion on a great deal of wide ranging topics I have no idea how anyone can say that about the Lillard video and screenshot.

# 45 WTF @ 08/30/14 04:09 PM
Your #hunch is incorrect. Stop hashtagging on the forums.

I'll share this much information, the Live Dev team values the constructive feedback from OperationSports.

A lot of Live 15 and even Live 16 moving forward has been helped along from constructive feedback from OperationSports.

They know that we're probably the most hardcore players in the Sim market. They also know how many people come to OS for their news.

The game is well on its way.

Once the game or even trailer is out, be constructive and provide thorough feedback. If not, it doesn't help.

# 46 WTF @ 08/30/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
As a person whom find himself with a unique on a great deal of wide ranging topics I have no idea how anyone can say that about the Lillard video and screenshot.
To be honest, I was proud of OS for their posts on twitter today, recognizing Lives art direction. Most replies on "whose Harden looks better" said Live.

# 47 NoTiCe_O @ 08/30/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
As a person whom find himself with a unique on a great deal of wide ranging topics I have no idea how anyone can say that about the Lillard video and screenshot.

I was in Shock. So the fact that People are Gonna Hate no Matter what you do is Probably deterring NBA Live a lil bit if you Ask Me.

# 48 mauro78 @ 08/30/14 04:12 PM
http://mmgn.com/ps4/articles--nba-live-15-s-transition-could-win-back-fans

I just bought a PS4....try the Live 14 demo...I saw potential....reading the above preview has create some hype on me....I want another good NBA game soooo bad :-)

# 49 23 @ 08/30/14 04:27 PM
Please keep the topic on NBA live

That's not hard to do

# 50 youvalss @ 08/30/14 04:32 PM
They're probably still working on the 500 core gameplay improvements. So far, 82 are completed.

# 51 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 08/30/14 04:34 PM
To be brutally honest, I don't think EA sports has what it takes to be able to catch 2K basketball. 2K is just so far ahead even with a lot of their flaws. EA would be better off making college basketball games. I know EA has their legal issues with the NCAA but 2K has NBA basketball on lock & I don't see that changing. I want Live to be great for competition sake & Live 15 could very well turn out to be a decent game but lets face it, where there's smoke there's fire. If EA was confident in the game we would've at least seen some gameplay by now. Not looking good.......

# 52 poloelite @ 08/30/14 04:43 PM
EA Sports and the NBA Live team have done NOTHING to deserve ANY optimism. After Elite, Live 13 and Live 14, I have no idea why anyone would believe that they're capable of anything good until it is shown. The best thing I've heard about NBA Live in the last 4 years is that after a couple of patches, Live 14 was actually playable if you were a super fan of the series and wanted to drink their kool aid. I maintain that EA has put out one decent basketball game since the birth of the 360/PS3 era and that was Live 10. The guy who put that game together left 2K for a year to do it. Ever since the games have gotten more complicated and more highly scrutinized, they have struggled. Competition showed us they couldn't cut it, I just wish football had competition, we would have more innovation.

# 53 Baldylocks81 @ 08/30/14 04:48 PM
NBA live is horrible and has been for a long time, they should just give up. After October they will !

# 54 sega2k @ 08/30/14 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
They're probably still working on the 500 core gameplay improvements. So far, 82 are completed.

Ahhh man..That was a low blow..I wish they would be more descriptive on what the 500+ gameplay improvements relate too..Does that include animations or other things like game mode changes..B/c they said they added 400 dunks..so....

# 55 lynkraid @ 08/30/14 04:53 PM
Yeah but.. 2k has been a machine with the NBA2k series and it still takes them deep into the year to reveal anything, and we still haven't seen any real gameplay video, just cg/replay videos.

# 56 sega2k @ 08/30/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I just wish football had competition, we would have more innovation.
Trust me, if 2K still had the license, Madden wouldn't even be existing right now...I put money on it...Well 2K just released their trailer this week...So is Live really all that far behind?? That's if they truly do release it this upcoming week...

# 57 nick_sr @ 08/30/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldylocks81
NBA live is horrible and has been for a long time, they should just give up. After October they will !
we don't quit over here! live nation!

# 58 magicman32 @ 08/30/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
Wait a minute.... so WTF did you actually play live 15? Because thats what im
getting from reading your post.
I'm getting that also. I'm assuming he has. I didn't bother to ask, because I know he won't reveal if he has or hasn't. But I believe he's either played the game or seen it. Just my opinion.

# 59 nhthelegend @ 08/30/14 05:07 PM
I'm all for competition. I mean, look how bad the WWE has gotten since WCW went under. That being said, big blunder by Sean O'Brien in promising so much information AND GIVING A TIMELINE FOR IT....only to be completely full of crap.

If you can't even stick to your word about releasing information, why should I trust anything you say about the game? If you have a partner that always cheats on you and says "baby, I swear that was the last time", what are they gonna do? Cheat on your *** again. SMH.

# 60 The 24th Letter @ 08/30/14 05:15 PM
I'm content waiting for the demo at this point...but for the hardcore Live fans & guys who have a real interest in the game...another year starting off with broken promises and lack of information has to hurt....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.