Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

We had our first glimpse of NBA Live 15 way back in April, then in June we found out the release date (October 7th) and read an open letter from Sean O’Brien, which promised a lot for NBA Live fans to be excited about. Here is a direct quote from it.

Quote:
We’ll start sharing gameplay details in July, and will continue to provide in-depth insight through August and September. During this time there will be plenty of content popping up here on the NBA LIVE website, as well as hands-on previews from your favorite sports and gaming outlets. We know we’ve got a lot to prove this year, and we’ve got a solid plan in place to provide you with all the details and take the first steps to making NBA LIVE 15 a game you’re excited to play.

Looking back at July, gameplay details were not revealed. In fact, the only real information that we had in the month of July was that a demo could come earlier than expected and they placed the @NBA Twitter handle on the basketball. Maybe the loss of Scott O'Gallaher sent them scrambling? Who knows, let's move on to August.

This month has been filled with screenshots of various arenas and a late Damian Lillard cover announcement with a few more screenshots of him sprinkled in. Not exactly the "in-depth insight" fans were expecting.

While there were some hands-on impressions in August from GameInformer and MMGN, as well as a podcast from our friends at NLSC, no other site has written anything else about the game.

So here we are, almost in September and we still don't know what to expect from the game. What modes are there? What gameplay changes have been made? What are they hiding from us?

NBA Live fans deserve better.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 videlsports @ 09/01/14 09:49 AM
The old days are fading away because everything is about cheap product and getting an huge return on your investment, (that's normally a smart business move, but not when you have a lot to prove to the community).
They should have released trailers, asked for the community what they are looking for as far as inprovements because development cycles are small. We should ve had all the info from the start. It just looks like EA lied.

# 142 coolcras7 @ 09/01/14 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Truth be told man, I think that could be the best thing for Live right now.
Not sure about that, their are a lot of people out there that can make a great game look ugly.

# 143 WTF @ 09/01/14 10:10 AM
No disrespect videlsports, but that's what I do now for the OS NBA LIVE community. I gather constructive feedback, ideas, and other information, and work with EA to help the game along.

The big issue with that, is that last year there wasn't a ton of constructive criticism or feedback. If guys continually say "this game sucks", that doesn't help. A lot of what made OS into what it is today, was the constructive criticism, the long winded posts about what can be changed, how it can be changed, or why it needs to be changed. If it sucks, post why it sucks and how you'd fix it.

EA values the OS community, which is why I'm doing what I'm doing now in being a Game Changer.

There's a trailer coming this week. If you see stuff that you don't like, let me know in a way that I can get it in front of the right person. If you see stuff that you do like, post it.

I care about making this game a great game. There aren't a lot of titles out there that grab me personally, and make me want to play. I want this to be one of those titles. I saw a lot of things last year that was a big step in the right direction, things that I personally look for in a basketball title. Now, the rest of the game is catching up and going in the right direction.

# 144 sega2k @ 09/01/14 11:12 AM
I have a feeling tomorrow will be a huge day for Live. Most games, news, and trailers release on Tuesday for some reason..I wonder if 2K will try to counter EA by dropping news???

# 145 Goffs @ 09/01/14 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
I have a feeling tomorrow will be a huge day for Live. Most games, news, and trailers release on Tuesday for some reason..I wonder if 2K will try to counter EA by dropping news???
No need to counter since it's just scheduled news as you speculated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Every tuesday at 4pmPST. And yes, it takes two to tango and we want to tango.

# 146 VogueMraz @ 09/01/14 11:44 AM
nothing to see here guys
EA gonna EA

i mean cmon just a month from release and their marketing campaign so far is releasing behind the scenes video and pointless arenas images is just beyond pathetic

# 147 dakidjr23 @ 09/01/14 11:53 AM
This Nba Live is looking like 2014 all over agian

# 148 NoTiCe_O @ 09/01/14 12:18 PM
Can I just say maybe the fact that they're so heavily invested in making the game better from a money and time standpoint that the Marketing budget took a Hit?

# 149 GisherJohn24 @ 09/01/14 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidjr23
This Nba Live is looking like 2014 all over agian
Hard to judge something we haven't seen in action yet . We haven't seen 2k release any gameplay have we?

# 150 FBall Life @ 09/01/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Hard to judge something we haven't seen in action yet . We haven't seen 2k release any gameplay have we?
Yes, we have. Gamescom.

# 151 GisherJohn24 @ 09/01/14 01:25 PM
You'd think the 2k fan boys would want a second great game to make their competitors better. For me better is a good thing

# 152 kels85 @ 09/01/14 01:30 PM
Live fans love to damage control. Face it something is not right and some of youare saying they are holding back to polish the game really? Said that last year and look how that turned out. 2K at least showed a a couple of trailers hell even a off screen gameplay video. It wasnt mind blowing, but they are showing something and gave details on this year game.

# 153 Junior Moe @ 09/01/14 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I'm referring to anyone who thinks that comment applies to.

And yes, they followed up on their word to release updates AFTER they were catching flak from people for not doing what THEY had promised/told us. And I see they learned their lesson from that mistake because they're not doing it this year, which is probably a good thing.

As for if I think the game was $60? I don't think any game that limits or basically removes user customization is worth $60 and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that disagrees with that sentiment.

Don't care about what they say they're going to do at this point. I don't even care about getting any new information or any new stills from them because that's never been an issue. They've done enough talking over the years that it just goes in one ear and out the other.

Just release a demo/game and we'll go from there.
These are my sentiments exactly. Your reputation determines how your product is viewed. I remember rolling my eyes at the stuff Rex and the other Madden diehards were saying about Madden this year because, "I've heard it all before". Madden released, and the game is awesome. It still has a few issues, which the devs have acknowledged. And I am cool with that. I don't expect a perfect game. You give me some solid core gameplay, and I'm there! I have probably logged more minutes playing Madden 15 than I did the entire year with M25. Now, I am a believer. Next year during the buildup to Madden 16, I'm gonna put way more stock in what those guys say because they have delivered to this point. NBA Live has to get credibility back first before they can be given the benefit of the doubt.

# 154 da ThRONe @ 09/01/14 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I hated the game at release last year PPM. So if you're referring to me saying the same thing every year, you can drop that. It wasn't til after the patch that it was playable.

They made several strides last year. They followed up on their word by sending out several big updates to the game. Was it worth the $60 last year? Depends on what you're looking for.

The team that is in place right now, at this moment, moving forward has a chemistry from working together on prior titles. That can't be understated.

Regardless, some guys have their minds made up. They'll release a demo, and information is getting ready to start dropping. If you look at it, and it's not for you, then pass. Nobody is forcing you to preorder. Take a wait and see approach.

O'brien said on twitter this morning that they're working on the ps4 version of the demo right now. EA Access will be there for x1 guys. Play it. Make your own judgment based on the game, not on what marketing has or hasn't provided.

For those that use twitter, go check out @seanobs . He's answered several tweets this morning,.

Quick question WTF. Does this mean that X1 won't be getting a demo and will have to rely on EA Access to test the game out?

# 155 WTF @ 09/01/14 02:09 PM
I don't know about that man. I'd assume that they'll get a regular demo too. Hopefully anyway.

And Junior Moe, that's all I'm saying. Play it for yourself before bashing it or deciding whether or not to buy. You may very well find yourself surprised.

# 156 magicman32 @ 09/01/14 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
But in the trailer you can tell that the defense was terrible..Look how easy Kyrie blew by Felton with a simple crossover..And then that ugly layup over Chandler...Just show me buttery smooth gameplay..I feel like WTF knows the gameplay is good, he justs wants us to see it for ourselves...That's why he says be patient..O'Brien said we will get our fill of info this week..Let the floodgates open..

He enjoyed live 14 "after the updates" though. That game was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 157 WTF @ 09/01/14 02:16 PM
I enjoyed a lot about it after the updates. Some stuff I still didn't care for. There were several well respected guys around here that enjoyed parts of the game post patch.

# 158 bballshawn24 @ 09/01/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Just my own opinion, but I think it stinks you have become an EA GameChanger.

I really trusted your unbiased opinion on this game and the other game. I hope I'm not out of line, but I feel that we've now maybe lost that. We need more guys like you around here to give an honest, true opinion on these games.

I also echo what others have said, but I won't beat that horse.

For me to purchase this game and give it a legit chance, I would need a TON of credible OS'ers to really praise the heck out of this title. That's where I'm at as a consumer with them.
why cant you just look at gameplay videos and play the demo?

# 159 DonWuan @ 09/01/14 03:29 PM
The day I rely on another man opinion is the day I stop gaming. Both games were trash and live was worse. Live 14 had some positives and a lot of cons. Live 14 with sliders would have been decent.

All that said with a full game demo dropping.

# 160 bateman11 @ 09/01/14 03:44 PM
Truth of matter is Live 14 is a solid foundation. The game does a lot of the core fundamentals of basketball extremely well. But it's just too basic. Needs a little more flare, attitude, and fluidity to reach the next level. Thats what I'm hoping for in 15.

I'll admit as well, this game isn't quite as far back from the competition as it may seem. Some of us who actually gave 14 a chance and played the hell out of it, despite its lack of quality, saw promise in the game. I've also did the same with the competition's first iteration on the new systems, and honestly wasn't impressed. Step back from current gen gameplay wise.

I will be visiting the forums more post release and giving honest insight with the game to help anyone who might be on the fence. IF the game lives up to my personal expectation of course.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.