Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released their NBA Live 15 improved visuals trailer. They have also released the NBA Live 15 features list.

Let us know what you think!

Lights, Camera, Action
We’re doubling down on visuals with an all-new scanning and lightning technique for the most photo-realistic player models in franchise history. Add into the mix player specific body types and contextual emotional responses and you will truly feel like you’re in the action.

Real-Time Physics in the Paint
Feel the impact of real-time physics on every drive, post move and collision in the most trafficked area on the court. 100+ new animations make it possible for something unpredictable and amazing to happen on every play. Scoring has been amped up with 3x the variety of dunks, layups and signature shots as you impose your will on your opponent with physicality you can feel.

Ultra-Responsive Controls
Passing, shooting and dribbling will feel snappier the moment you pick up the sticks. Freestyle Passing takes your assist game to the next level with no looks, behind the backs, and more. An all-new shot feedback system teaches you how to successfully get buckets, measuring three key factors in real-time to determine shot quality. Enhancements to bounceTek allow you to make cuts and change momentum on a dime, giving you the ability to create space and pull off devastating skilled dribble moves on the run.

Smarter AI & Transition Game
New AI logic drives all 10 players to move with intent and purpose while displaying greater off-ball awareness, adjusting as every play develops. Add in a smooth transition game as well as real-world offensive sets and defensive schemes and you’ve got 48 minutes and 94 feet of end-to-end, dynamic gameplay.

Defense Is Fun
New defensive systems make it easier to contain your man by using just the left stick. Contextual physicality, bumps and jostles, in addition to a new shot blocking system, delivers simplicity in controls helping you make that big defensive stop when your team needs it most.

Learn LIVE
NBA All-Star and Former ROTY Damian Lillard is your personal coach and mentor on the journey to becoming an expert NBA LIVE 15 player. Learn how to dominate LIVE like a boss with drills and tutorials wrapped in stories about Lillard’s path to the NBA.

LIVE Season
BIG Moments just got bigger. New Hot Spot Challenges allow you to replicate game-changing moments within an hour of them happening in the real NBA. The closer you get, the more bonus points you earn. Plus, all-new featured monthly events will offer fresh challenges as they actually happen, in real-time.

LIVE Ultimate Team
The perfect combination of NBA LIVE 15 and fantasy basketball. Build your dream team of the brightest modern NBA stars and all-time legends. Compete online or take part in Fantasy Challenges to earn coins and purchase new packs of players, uniforms, contracts, and more. A new auction house adds even more opportunities to assemble the fantasy team you’ve always wanted.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 da ThRONe @ 09/02/14 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Steps in the right direction so far.

IMO this is a broad jump in the right direction. Enjoy it this may be the last time you see a leap this large from one year to the next in a sports title.

# 142 sega2k @ 09/02/14 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Anyone notice the practice gym

I can't wait to play Adidas Live Run next year on that court....

# 143 da ThRONe @ 09/02/14 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Oh by skinny you must mean Wiggins toothpick legs and arms from the Live trailer, got it.

You do realize Wiggins truly is very slight of frame right?

# 144 ovo_1013 @ 09/02/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
Are you serious bro? Please bring some last gen shots of these players and let's compare. Apparently live can't win for losing with you. I'd say 90 percent of the players looked fantastic in the trailer and I'm assuming that Westbrook wasn't scanned.
Sean said in the podcast with NLSC that Westbrook didn't come in for scanning, but hired ppl to do sculpting work try and get his face as accurate as they could. It looks like him if you ask me. Way better than 14 of course lol

# 145 scottyp180 @ 09/02/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH72601
Looks good visually, but it still seems to move a little awkward (maybe that's just a Live thing). We won't really know how it is until they release extensive gameplay (doubt it), or whenever they drop that trial. It's funny because it seems like most of their player models are "jacked" like 2K models use to be. We are too far in tech knowledge and such for this game's animation to not blend well together. Hoping for the best.
Agree about the animations. Some of those dunks as well as the Lillard cross over had that awkward Live look to it where the movement doesn't quite look fluid and life-like. However, with that said, there is a lot to like from this trailer. I was beginning to get worried about Live due to the lack of info, screens, videos, etc but this video definitely has me interested.

Was anyone else more excited from this trailer oppose to 2k's? 2k looks good but if I didn't know it was a 2k15 video I would have mistaken it for 2k14. This Live trailer proves that we aren't dealing with the same game from last year or the baggage from the last 4 years. I wouldn't say Live looks like the better game this year but I am hopeful that we finally have true competition for basketball games.

# 146 sega2k @ 09/02/14 03:11 PM
Surprised they didn't show off KD, Paul George, Parker, or Harden..

# 147 RipCityAndy @ 09/02/14 03:15 PM
Does anyone know the approximate date for a demo?

NHL 15's demo was released approximately 2 weeks before the scheduled release. If they have the same demo window for Live, that would mean the demo drops on the 23rd.

# 148 Clappington @ 09/02/14 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Agree about the animations. Some of those dunks as well as the Lillard cross over had that awkward Live look to it where the movement doesn't quite look fluid and life-like. However, with that said, there is a lot to like from this trailer. I was beginning to get worried about Live due to the lack of info, screens, videos, etc but this video definitely has me interested.

Was anyone else more excited from this trailer oppose to 2k's? 2k looks good but if I didn't know it was a 2k15 video I would have mistaken it for 2k14. This Live trailer proves that we aren't dealing with the same game from last year or the baggage from the last 4 years. I wouldn't say Live looks like the better game this year but I am hopeful that we finally have true competition for basketball games.

2k cant make another huge jump in graphics 2 years in a row? if you expect that then obv you know thing about how games are made.... anyways nba live doesn't even look like it should still shouldn't be same sentence as 2k yet.its an improvement from last year? yes...but I mean graphics were so awful last year it couldn't get any worse. I want live to be a great game and hope for the best.

# 149 bxphenom7 @ 09/02/14 03:16 PM
Wow it looks like a completely new NBA Live. I didn't think EA had it in them. Here's to hoping it controls, plays, and moves as good as it looks. There may finally be competition for 2k. This can keep another 2k14 disaster from happening again.

# 150 Thrash13 @ 09/02/14 03:17 PM
I'm hopeful the gameplay looks as good as the visuals. I've always had more fun playing Live than 2K, so if the gameplay looks nice, I'll give it a go this year. If not, it's always great to have a game like 2K to fall back on. This is going to be a good year for basketball gamers!

# 151 The 24th Letter @ 09/02/14 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I seriously think some of you who have posted are losing sight of what it means for a game to look good graphically. A guy above me said it looks good for ps3/360 but not next gen?? Are you serious??

This game looks great. It looks 'life-like' so to speak. Do the graphics pop out at you like 2K? No, they don't but it wouldn't be realistic if they did. It's about attention to detail and making everything blend together. if you look at 2l14/ps4 you will see eye-popping visuals that don't blend well together. Hell the players pop out so much i get too caught up in looking at them. Not because they look extremely life-like but because they just seperate themselves from the court.

If you are a true simulation gamer you have to find this visually appealing. The player shouldn't pop off the court while you're playing from broadcast view. They definitely don't in real life.

This is funny, because the narrative last year were that the graphics didn't matter to "true simulation" gamers...I know part of that was guys not wanting to speak badly about the game...but it definitely made be chuckle reading this.

Graphics are a big part of the immersion for me, a long with signature style...so I am definitely pleased with what I have seen so far...

# 152 thedream2k13 @ 09/02/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I seriously think some of you who have posted are losing sight of what it means for a game to look good graphically. A guy above me said it looks good for ps3/360 but not next gen?? Are you serious??

This game looks great. It looks 'life-like' so to speak. Do the graphics pop out at you like 2K? No, they don't but it wouldn't be realistic if they did. It's about attention to detail and making everything blend together. if you look at 2l14/ps4 you will see eye-popping visuals that don't blend well together. Hell the players pop out so much i get too caught up in looking at them. Not because they look extremely life-like but because they just seperate themselves from the court.

If you are a true simulation gamer you have to find this visually appealing. The player shouldn't pop off the court while you're playing from broadcast view. They definitely don't in real life.
Simulation is about gameplay not colors on the court

# 153 RICH72601 @ 09/02/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180

I think because of the bigger leap from last year to now, Live fans have something more to be excited for. I'm an old Live fan and I want them to do well, but I won't spend smart money on a watered down project. Yes the tech is new, but customization is HUGE for me with gameplay being the most important. I'll definitely try it out, but I doubt a purchase will follow. May this be truly something they can keep and build on. No more "from the ground up" talk. They're too smart, technologically and economically gifted for that crap.

# 154 da ThRONe @ 09/02/14 03:20 PM
I tell you what if EA Gameface is in this game I may never leave the house. Especially if you can scan yourself with the Kinect(or PS eye) and get a body model watch out. But alas I may be getting way ahead of myself.

# 155 Mintsa @ 09/02/14 03:20 PM
Wow................................I was NOT expecting that. The graphics are incredible.

Demar and Amir look SPOT on ! (Maybe the detail of the players does go 12 deep on each team).

Anyways, I was impressed with the trailer.

Don't do this to me Live, it's been a loooooooooooong time since we last danced. Don't comeback to me unless you serious...LOL !!

# 156 Guapo516 @ 09/02/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Surprised they didn't show off KD, Paul George, Parker, or Harden..
Kd is 2k15 cover athlete, it would be like promoting nba2k15 for them. This game will be competitive with 2k because it will be new to some, and sometime new will just stick out, and secondly and most important if it's playable and the online works and 2ks online is the same old sad song that ruins a lot of the experience for some, then we might have a dog fight

# 157 coolcras7 @ 09/02/14 03:22 PM
Graphics look a lot better than I expected, still see a lot of the issues with players being to bulky around the arms, and dunking still looks off, but EA has definitely stepped up, now we need to see 5 on 5 to verify how the game will actually look.

# 158 shutdown10 @ 09/02/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogotwingz3
Shoes faces and body size get the check marks..that's about it... I see people talking physics are good, well quick question, y'all really think lil Damian Lillard will go up and body Dwight Howard and dunk on him?!?? That wasn't a blind side dunk..he went up and Debo'd Dwight... C'mon man.... And another thing body size is good ratio wise but everybody isn't ripped up wit muscle definition like that in the nba
Check out this video and reword your post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDjzvJYWtoc

It's not something I would want to see spammed in any basketball game, but a point guard dunking on a tall shot blocking center has happened many times in the league.

# 159 da ThRONe @ 09/02/14 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Graphics look a lot better than I expected, still see a lot of the issues with players being to bulky around the arms, and dunking still looks off, but EA has definitely stepped up, now we need to see 5 on 5 to verify how the game will actually look.

Yeah this game even from this trailer isn't prefect. Howard and Walker are far to bulky/muscular. Howard should be slimmer and ripped while Walker shouldn't be nearly as massive. Those were the ones that jumped out at me.

# 160 nick_sr @ 09/02/14 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Check out this video and reword your post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDjzvJYWtoc

It's not something I would want to see spammed in any basketball game, but a point guard dunking on a tall shot blocking center has happened many times in the league.
thank you! the guy is acting as if it's shaq getting dunked on by lilliard lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.