Home
NHL 15 News Post

NHL 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers. The game will be limited to 6 hours of gameplay.

Based off of early feedback, there is no player edit mode, create a player is in. Play a few games and let us know what you think.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Hockeynut99 @ 09/04/14 12:42 PM
Two things. One I think editing players hurts the game play factor in my opinion. And second in real life when a goalie gets traded they have to use their equipment for at least a couple weeks. Just saying.

# 162 Jet Sufferer @ 09/04/14 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoir

No way to sim while you are on the bench in Be-A-Pro. Basically you HAVE to watch the CPU vs CPU gameplay from the bench and have no option to skip it in anyway.
WHAAATT? Really? That would make the mode totally worthless. Have they mentioned this as one of the upcoming fixes??

# 163 actionhank @ 09/04/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
No. And you cannot replicate the NHL playoffs either.
So, they've removed the ability to edit teams, players, and attributes, we can't setup tournaments, and they don't have pre-season in the NHL season, and from what I've read the AHL isn't working properly in Be a GM?

Wow. That pretty much settles it. NHL15 is not a purchase. Better luck with 16. I was really hoping to pick this up, but i'm not spending 60 dollars for a glorified graphics upgrade over NHL14.

# 164 actionhank @ 09/04/14 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Two things. One I think editing players hurts the game play factor in my opinion. And second in real life when a goalie gets traded they have to use their equipment for at least a couple weeks. Just saying.
Editing players hurts the game?

# 165 bigwill33 @ 09/04/14 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Who seriously would have thought that with all of their marketing for PS4/XBONE and lack of talking about PS3/360, that last gen is the route to go. The only way this game has ever been remotely playable is with edited rosters, and that is no longer possible. I wouldn't even be able to attempt going back to online modes because those aren't even there. I truly don't want to demean anyone who says this is a good effort, but I'm beyond baffled how anybody can think that. This game lacks the most basic features that have been included in basically every sports game the past however many years. I'm jealous that people can expect such a small effort from a development team. The good thing is we get to chose if we buy it. There's no other options except for past NHL 2k games and last gen EA games, but that's life I guess. People may find the game good now, but I think the majority of people won't be saying that in 2 months. The NHL season won't have even been a month in at that point.

Honestly if the sales are at an all time low I think EA will make major changes. Either the dev team gets replaced, or there is no hockey game next year at all. I know this is massively jumping the gun but I think we may be without a new hockey game next year. The only thing standing in the way that I could see is the NBC contract. I have no idea about the details of that though.
There will be a hockey game next year. I guarantee you that. Poor sales this year will not cancel this franchise in the near future.

The replayability of this title will be severely lacking for most of us. If this game is still being played regularly by Thanksgiving by most of the people here that are in love with this demo and game so far I would be surprised.

I won't begrudge anyone for having their opinion. But as I have said before, the flaws I point out in this game and the missing modes are factual. They can be shown and proven. It just depends on your personal tastes how much you let it bother you and I, for one, have a bitter tongue at this point.

This is a putrid effort all around at producing, marketing, and releasing a quality product. That is my opinion on the matter thus far. And with each milestone towards the street date it only gets reaffirmed.

# 166 Taku @ 09/04/14 12:47 PM
70 euros for NHL15 here in Finland. That's almost 100 $. LMAO!!!!

# 167 adayinthelife @ 09/04/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
You can't say something ridiculous like editing players hurts the gameplay and not give some sort of example. Please explain where you're coming from on that one.

I suppose that's true about goalie equipment, but they don't keep the old mismatched gear for entire seasons, as would happen in BaGM.

# 168 Hockeynut99 @ 09/04/14 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Editing players hurts the game?
In my years of experience with editing players some times it did cause issues. I think it is because of all the math in it.

# 169 Pezell04x @ 09/04/14 12:51 PM
YIKES.

# 170 actionhank @ 09/04/14 12:51 PM
Quote:
In my years of experience with editing players some times it did cause issues. I think it is because of all the math in it.
I've had better gameplay with the Revamped rosters with edited players, changed attributes, and corrected lineups than I've ever had with EA's stock rosters. In my opinion, not allowing that makes the game a pretty easy no-buy. But, after seeing everything else that's missing, it won't be hard to pass on 15. Maybe they'll right the ship for NHL16.

# 171 Yzerman101 @ 09/04/14 12:52 PM
it looks that the goaltenders Equipment change to the new team colours if they are traded like in the old nhl games,someone can confirm this?this is very good when there is no edit player.

# 172 Hockeynut99 @ 09/04/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
You can't say something ridiculous like editing players hurts the gameplay and not give some sort of example. Please explain where you're coming from on that one.

I suppose that's true about goalie equipment, but they don't keep the old mismatched gear for entire seasons, as would happen in BaGM.
The game is down to a science and some times changing the speed of skaters made the game not play the way it is meant to play. This is just my experience with editing players over 30 plus years.

# 173 Hockeynut99 @ 09/04/14 12:54 PM
Quote:
I've had better gameplay with the Revamped rosters with edited players, changed attributes, and corrected lineups than I've ever had with EA's stock rosters. In my opinion, not allowing that makes the game a pretty easy no-buy. But, after seeing everything else that's missing, it won't be hard to pass on 15. Maybe they'll right the ship for NHL16.
Cool........

# 174 m_maclean24 @ 09/04/14 12:54 PM
Quote:
@hockeynut99 - listen to this guy and give the revamped rosters a try....it will change your opinion about editing players pretty quickly.

# 175 Gagnon39 @ 09/04/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
The game is down to a science and some times changing the speed of skaters made the game not play the way it is meant to play. This is just my experience with editing players over 30 plus years.
Thirty years? What NHL game was out in 1984? Surely not one in which users were allowed to edit players.

# 176 actionhank @ 09/04/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
If you go crazy with the edits, like making everyone a 99 in skating speed and shooting power, i can see how that hurts it. But, even ignoring that, player editing should be something I can do to my game if i want to. Maybe i think players are underrated, maybe i think a 4th line winger shouldn't be rated as a 81 in shooting when my 2nd line winger is a 68 just because he's younger and the game wants to give him room to grow.
EA made a mess with this release, and a lot of people don't seem to want to acknowledge it. If some don't want to edit their rosters and ruin their gameplay, that's fine, but I can't understand getting rid of such a fundamental tool when used properly. It boggles the mind.

Quote:
Cool........
Glad to see you're throwing rational discussion out the window, along with a logical timeframe of how long you've been playing and editing players in the NHL series.

# 177 Hockeynut99 @ 09/04/14 01:03 PM
I didn't say nhl I said editing players on computer games. Sometimes the games crashed when I edit the players on hardball on the pc back in the day or genesis. But I will not say anymore I don't want to detail this thread. Just was giving a reason to maybe way they left it out.

# 178 NYRangers31 @ 09/04/14 01:03 PM
Can someone summarize what's stripped from Be a GM? It's the only game mode I play. I'm hearing no AHL teams and no drafts?? Anything else?

# 179 snc237 @ 09/04/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
If you go crazy with the edits, like making everyone a 99 in skating speed and shooting power, i can see how that hurts it. But, even ignoring that, player editing should be something I can do to my game if i want to. Maybe i think players are underrated, maybe i think a 4th line winger shouldn't be rated as a 81 in shooting when my 2nd line winger is a 68 just because he's younger and the game wants to give him room to grow.
EA made a mess with this release, and a lot of people don't seem to want to acknowledge it. If some don't want to edit their rosters and ruin their gameplay, that's fine, but I can't understand getting rid of such a fundamental tool when used properly. It boggles the mind.

Glad to see you're throwing rational discussion out the window, along with a logical timeframe of how long you've been playing and editing players in the NHL series.
Haha yup. All I can say is this game has some patching to do. I don't think I have ever said that this early in a game. Well at least we can all see why game modes got cut. The Dev team was obviously scrambling just to get this game out the door

# 180 actionhank @ 09/04/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
I didn't say nhl I said editing players on computer games. Sometimes the games crashed when I edit the players on hardball on the pc back in the day or genesis. But I will not say anymore I don't want to detail this thread. Just was giving a reason to maybe way they left it out.
But that isn't the case with the NHL series. Played editing hasn't broken anything. It's not like people were getting massive crashes or game-stopping errors due to it.
I get that you can break games, but generally console games don't really give anyone the editing power to cripple the game in any way. It just seems crazy to me. The Revamped rosters pretty much breathed new life into NHL14 after i got sick of it. The Olympic updates, the post trade deadline rosters, all of those were better than the EA time did (I don't think they even tried with the Olympic rosters at all...) and made the game better. The Revamped rosters were going to play a factor in my possibly getting NHL15, but now that it's out, i just don't see a point.
Anyhow, like you said, not to derail this thread. Hopefully we can get more gameplay opinions from people.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.