Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

GameInformer has posted an article listing "29 Reasons Why MyGM May Be the Future of Franchise Modes," going over the new conversation system, GM tools, scouting, player progression, offseason, and much more in NBA 2K15's MyGM mode.

Here are some tidbits from the article:
  • On Virtual Currency: "Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take."
  • On Total Control: "In response to last year's backlash regarding basic functions being hidden behind the upgrade system, Visual Concepts has surfaced the vital skills that form the backbone of the GM experience. Every GM has full control of trades, free agency, player rotations, coach firings, etc. right from the start. "
  • A new Sim feature: "Strategy-minded players who prefer a hands-off approach should check out SimCast. This new system allows you to manage rotations, strategies, sliders, and points of emphasis before hitting the start button on a sim."
  • New Scouting System: "A new pro scouting system analyzes how your team stacks up against your next opponent. Feedback includes areas of weakness you can exploit in the rival team, an analysis of their biggest threats, the team stats, and suggested points of emphasis."
  • New Draftee Storylines: "Visual Concepts plans to surface several storylines throughout the year based on research it did on the last 20-30 draft classes. The various types of players you could encounter include flash-in-the-pan players who may be at their full potential already on draft day, late bloomers who rise up the draft board at the last minute, players with serious injury concerns that you may not know about unless you him in for a visit."
  • College Stats: "For NBA 2K15 Visual Concepts built an engine to simulate an entire college season, giving you the ability to look at the stats of all draft candidates."
  • Draft Combine is in: "NBA 2K15 adds the draft combine to the mix this year, where you may find out that a school is playing fast and loose with the height and weights they list in their game programs."
  • Better Player Progression: "Visual Concepts has done a significant amount of work on player progression this year. Before, all you could do was train them in the offseason. This year that progression is split between the offseason workouts and in-season training."
  • Better Offseason Logic: "Visual Concepts says the CPU-controlled teams in NBA 2K15 have improved logic this year when managing their roster balance. Teams should better recognize that they don't need to spend on another point guard if their team already has a viable starter and will know to use their resources elsewhere."
Be sure to check out the full article for many more details on MyGM mode.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Sunday HD @ 09/04/14 02:17 PM
Just when I was thinking choir buying NBA Live 15
2k comes out with something better towards gameplay

# 42 XtremeDunkz @ 09/04/14 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Like I asked before, is that really enough to warrant 2 different modes that function basically the same way?

To explain what I'm saying better, 2k15's version of MyGM seems like what 2k14 should have been. The only thing I was frustrated about even though there wasn't 30 team control, just having the option to turn of cpu trades until at least Jan. or Feb. to stop some of the stupid trades the cpu makes. That alone would've made a world of difference in making me like MyGM more.
Again, not complaining, just saying I don't think MyGM was that far off from being the true replacement for association.
the customization in myleague would probably break a lot of the storyline gm stuff in mygm. No way you could do 30 team control with all those gm aspects contract negotiations etc popping up. So now you get to choose if you want to customize the whole league experience or focus on just the in depth of one team. I would much prefer them to be separate then blend them both and come up with something that has issues.

# 43 Barata @ 09/04/14 02:18 PM
Please, 2K, don't forget X360/PS3 users.

# 44 CBfromCU32 @ 09/04/14 02:28 PM
I cant wait to here about this "robust" CAP... #Ourtimehascome

# 45 Jakeness23 @ 09/04/14 02:28 PM
So... what features are in MyGM that aren't in MyCareer and vice versa? Because it sounds like you're the owner in one mode and the gm in the other. MyCareer sounded amazing, so I'm hoping it is complete with all of the scouting features, simming (and being able to jump in at any time), etc.

# 46 Jakeness23 @ 09/04/14 02:29 PM
MyLeague, not MyCareer. My bad.

# 47 Pr33mo @ 09/04/14 02:30 PM
The icing on the cake would be the ability to have 3 team trade again. Has anyone heard anything about this being included in either mode?

# 48 Junior Moe @ 09/04/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
But the fact that both have been made out to seem like you can turn on or off most things that infuriated players previously, it makes you wonder why they're not together. For example, everything this article listed is something that should definitely be in, and probably is in MyLeague. I get MyGM may only allow you to control your GM, but they have the option for 1-30 team control for MyLeague and Association prior(which is why everyone was mad). If it was about limiting the experience to just you exclusively, I get it but is a entire different mode needed just for XP/upgrades, conversations and finances?

Not complaining, just wondering out loud because I liked the RPG elements, but I feel they should be in conjunction(to an extent) with the stuff MyLeague brings to the table.
I see what you're saying, but I'm thinking that the complete freedom MyLeague allows may screw things up in the more controlled MYGM. I'm sure a lot of it will be shared between the two modes though. 2K seems to have been listening to our complaints about last year. I had no intentions of touching MyGM mode again, ever, after that MyLeague interview. Now, I'm gonna give it a go. For that reason I'm personally happy with this because I want that complete separate experience.

# 49 lakers24 @ 09/04/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
the customization in myleague would probably break a lot of the storyline gm stuff in mygm. No way you could do 30 team control with all those gm aspects contract negotiations etc popping up. So now you get to choose if you want to customize the whole league experience or focus on just the in depth of one team. I would much prefer them to be separate then blend them both and come up with something that has issues.
Well I guess I may be in the minority when I say, the only reason I did 30 team control was to minimize the cpu's idiocy. Outside of that I only played with one team with the occasional league pass game. That's why I see it as weird. Just having the option to turn off trades(or at least a slider to minimize them like MyLeague) and cpu lineup changes would've made the mode 10x more playable.

# 50 Superman38134 @ 09/04/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBfromCU32
Still holding my breath on this

# 51 Colts18 @ 09/04/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
College Stats: "For NBA 2K15 Visual Concepts built an engine to simulate an entire college season, giving you the ability to look at the stats of all draft candidates."
Damn

10 char

# 52 Jakeness23 @ 09/04/14 02:40 PM
Is your MyGM still your MyPlayer character? Just wondering, because it looks a little ridiculous when you have a 20 year old looking dude running a professional sports team.

I'll play MyLeague a lot more because of all of the customization aspects, but MyGM will be a nice mode to play around with some too. I usually don't hold on to my sports games for the full year leading up to the next one... that may change this year. Great job, 2K!

# 53 lakers24 @ 09/04/14 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Is your MyGM still your MyPlayer character? Just wondering, because it looks a little ridiculous when you have a 20 year old looking dude running a professional sports team.

I'll play MyLeague a lot more because of all of the customization aspects, but MyGM will be a nice mode to play around with some too. I usually don't hold on to my sports games for the full year leading up to the next one... that may change this year. Great job, 2K!
Yes, which is still weird. They should at least have the option to age him or something.

# 54 Colts18 @ 09/04/14 02:42 PM
Quote:

So will physical attributes that are associated with a specific body part be affected during gameplay?

If I have a bad elbow, will my shooting ratings decrease?

If I have a bad ankle, will only my athletic ratings decrease?

# 55 lakers24 @ 09/04/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBfromCU32
Well there's a pic in the top right corner of one.

# 56 vstro @ 09/04/14 02:43 PM
Very happy to see they changed their direction with the vc in my gm. After playing 14 i thought they would make 15 worse with it. This game will now be a must buy for me. The simulated college season kind of sounds like an end to custom draft classes though, really hope I'm wrong on that.

# 57 lakers24 @ 09/04/14 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
So will physical attributes that are associated with a specific body part be affected during gameplay?

If I have a bad elbow, will my shooting ratings decrease?

If I have a bad ankle, will only my athletic ratings decrease?
No, I think it was explained this is just more to do with durability. Obviously if they get hurt but can still play it'll affect ratings. But for now, what this screen is showing is instead of one particular durability rating there are 16 now for different body parts.

# 58 jeremym480 @ 09/04/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Super Sim and we can jump in at ANY time?!?!
GI is blocked at my work and perhaps I missed it in what Steve quoted... but where do you see this mentioned?

# 59 lakers24 @ 09/04/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
GI is blocked at my work and perhaps I missed it in what Steve quoted... but where do you see this mentioned?
It's in one of the pictures

# 60 snocone @ 09/04/14 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

"Strategy-minded players who prefer a hands-off approach should check out SimCast. This new system allows you to manage rotations, strategies, sliders, and points of emphasis before hitting the start button on a sim. Once the sim begins, you can jump into the action at any time or pause to change up your strategies if need be. This is a great alternative for users who just want to sim to critical moments like the last two minutes of a closely contested game."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.