Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

GameInformer has posted an article listing "29 Reasons Why MyGM May Be the Future of Franchise Modes," going over the new conversation system, GM tools, scouting, player progression, offseason, and much more in NBA 2K15's MyGM mode.

Here are some tidbits from the article:
  • On Virtual Currency: "Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take."
  • On Total Control: "In response to last year's backlash regarding basic functions being hidden behind the upgrade system, Visual Concepts has surfaced the vital skills that form the backbone of the GM experience. Every GM has full control of trades, free agency, player rotations, coach firings, etc. right from the start. "
  • A new Sim feature: "Strategy-minded players who prefer a hands-off approach should check out SimCast. This new system allows you to manage rotations, strategies, sliders, and points of emphasis before hitting the start button on a sim."
  • New Scouting System: "A new pro scouting system analyzes how your team stacks up against your next opponent. Feedback includes areas of weakness you can exploit in the rival team, an analysis of their biggest threats, the team stats, and suggested points of emphasis."
  • New Draftee Storylines: "Visual Concepts plans to surface several storylines throughout the year based on research it did on the last 20-30 draft classes. The various types of players you could encounter include flash-in-the-pan players who may be at their full potential already on draft day, late bloomers who rise up the draft board at the last minute, players with serious injury concerns that you may not know about unless you him in for a visit."
  • College Stats: "For NBA 2K15 Visual Concepts built an engine to simulate an entire college season, giving you the ability to look at the stats of all draft candidates."
  • Draft Combine is in: "NBA 2K15 adds the draft combine to the mix this year, where you may find out that a school is playing fast and loose with the height and weights they list in their game programs."
  • Better Player Progression: "Visual Concepts has done a significant amount of work on player progression this year. Before, all you could do was train them in the offseason. This year that progression is split between the offseason workouts and in-season training."
  • Better Offseason Logic: "Visual Concepts says the CPU-controlled teams in NBA 2K15 have improved logic this year when managing their roster balance. Teams should better recognize that they don't need to spend on another point guard if their team already has a viable starter and will know to use their resources elsewhere."
Be sure to check out the full article for many more details on MyGM mode.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 lakers24 @ 09/04/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
Very happy to see they changed their direction with the vc in my gm. After playing 14 i thought they would make 15 worse with it. This game will now be a must buy for me. The simulated college season kind of sounds like an end to custom draft classes though, really hope I'm wrong on that.
Not necessarily. All it does is provide a background and stats for these guys. I'm pretty sure importing them before the season starts won't affect that.

# 62 Gosens6 @ 09/04/14 02:47 PM
Wow..... When this drops, I'm just going to say goodbye to every other game I own.. My god 2K...

# 63 davez @ 09/04/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
So will physical attributes that are associated with a specific body part be affected during gameplay?

If I have a bad elbow, will my shooting ratings decrease?

If I have a bad ankle, will only my athletic ratings decrease?
Yes, injuries will impact attributes based on the body part affected and the severity of the injury.

# 64 2KLeague @ 09/04/14 02:54 PM
The Bogut picture shows a different model much older looking for your MyGM than MyPlayer. Maybe we have different characters for both modes this year.

Draft combine returning this year has me very excited, can't wait to play this game!

# 65 davez @ 09/04/14 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
Very happy to see they changed their direction with the vc in my gm. After playing 14 i thought they would make 15 worse with it. This game will now be a must buy for me. The simulated college season kind of sounds like an end to custom draft classes though, really hope I'm wrong on that.
We still allow custom draft classes in both MyLEAGUE and MyGM.

# 66 CBfromCU32 @ 09/04/14 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
Still holding my breath on this
Yea me too but this gives hope that they added what we all have been asking for.. hair, tattoos, faces, accessories, etc.. I just want the CAP's to blend in with the rest of the league

# 67 Dmanning2 @ 09/04/14 02:58 PM
this is amazing

# 68 Junior Moe @ 09/04/14 03:04 PM
The Draft Combine is returning, nice!

# 69 vstro @ 09/04/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
Awesome, thanks!

# 70 jeremym480 @ 09/04/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone

"Strategy-minded players who prefer a hands-off approach should check out SimCast. This new system allows you to manage rotations, strategies, sliders, and points of emphasis before hitting the start button on a sim. Once the sim begins, you can jump into the action at any time or pause to change up your strategies if need be. This is a great alternative for users who just want to sim to critical moments like the last two minutes of a closely contested game."

The number one item on my wishlist for years has finally been answered.

I don't know what to complain about next... It's looking like nothing.

# 71 2KLeague @ 09/04/14 03:10 PM
It seems like this year we will have a much more older looking model for MyGM, having two different players for both MyCareer and MyGM (Guessing from the Bogut picture, looking at the upper right corner)

Draft combine is back this year! I'm very excited about that, plus college seasons simulated!

# 72 Colts18 @ 09/04/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Yes, injuries will impact attributes based on the body part affected and the severity of the injury.
Is it possible that we get a list, now or later, of which body parts affect which attributes?

# 73 cavsfan2 @ 09/04/14 03:17 PM
2k really about to make me buy a PS4, huh?

# 74 kadzier @ 09/04/14 03:20 PM
sounds amazing.

now just bring the draft combine and decreased dependence on VC to My Career and stop making me pay for basic accessories and 2K15 = best game ever

# 75 davez @ 09/04/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Is it possible that we get a list, now or later, of which body parts affect which attributes?
I'm not sure if this is something we want to fully expose, but I will ask around. It may be something we will be okay with sharing later...

# 76 TCFClemson @ 09/04/14 03:21 PM
And just like that the pendulum swings right back in the direction of 2K.

The scouting and sim and college stuff is just amazing sounding. Cant wait!

Only 1 more month.

# 77 stillfeelme @ 09/04/14 03:22 PM
Dev's

MyGM can you play any game on the schedule that you are not a GM of?

Right now MyGM it total GM control/franchise with the option to Sim at any point in time of one team.

MyLeague is controlling any team you want to control without GM interaction and fully editable

# 78 McG @ 09/04/14 03:23 PM
I might actually buy this game, I felt really stupid after getting 2k14 even though I played it a lot and so did my son. I wish they would bring in crews, but to get away from VC in GM/My Player would be the only reason I come back.

# 79 countryboy @ 09/04/14 03:26 PM
Quote:
will you still get the story lines, stats, etc...as you do with generated draft class?

# 80 stillfeelme @ 09/04/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
will you still get the story lines, stats, etc...as you do with generated draft class?
Yes that seems weird. Maybe you edit the class before they start the season but it seems like you would have to be like 4 classes in advance. You would think the underclassmen one year will be a top prospect the next year and come back.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.