Home
NHL 15 News Post

Now that the EA Access trial period has started, Xbox One players have noticed that the list of missing modes and features in next-gen NHL 15 is much larger than previously expected. In a prior interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, some of these were hinted at but not fully disclosed, but the depth of some of the gutted features seems to be larger than initially anticipated. The following items are features which users have noticed are missing while playing the early access to NHL 15 -- keep in mind this information is preliminary and some of these could actually be in the game but well hidden. With just six hours of time to test, it doesn't leave much room to explore:

Modes/Features
  • No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay
  • No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights
  • No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.
Be A GM
  • Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games
Be A Pro
  • No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game
Ultimate Team
  • Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app
All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 PES3Paul @ 09/07/14 12:23 AM
Talk about completely blowing up a sports video game franchise. There will be books written about how the NHL game series was internally sabotaged, almost.

# 282 jwilphl @ 09/07/14 01:10 AM
Can't say it's all that surprising. EA is making some poor decisions lately, and for me personally, I'm ready to give up hope. They aren't exactly making it hard to say "no." Unfortunately, I can't imagine this will hurt their bottom line very much. They know precisely that the casual, uninformed masses will buy the game no matter what. This market sorely needs competition.

# 283 twinswinagain @ 09/07/14 06:21 AM
I was unable to find player hub with all the users stats for each mode. This is a killer for me.

# 284 rocket82 @ 09/07/14 06:41 AM
on next-gen, is it possible to set your own rosters, trade players, edit numbers....(not in GM-Mode)! Hope for an answer, because if it is in, I "maybe" consider to buy the game, otherwise....no thx!

# 285 Anoir @ 09/07/14 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
Am I the only one still contemplating getting this? I'm really disappointed with EA, trust me, but I cannot live another year without hockey. My last hockey game was NHL 12.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
I'm buying it. Mainly because I get it from Gamestop (Finland) for 2 euros when I bring in GTAV PS3 and Last of Us for a trade, in which both games I have already played thro and thro and don't even own an ps3 anymore!

But would I buy it for the full price of 60 euros/dollars/pounds? No f* chance in hell

# 286 garyjr33 @ 09/07/14 08:36 AM
I am glad they are already working on adding the draft back in in BeAGM but not sure why it could be out in the first place. So weird. I am really hoping that they patch in fantasy drafts and sim to next shift in Be A Pro and the ability to play AHL games in Be A GM. Those things should not be too hard and if they add all of those in I will be a happy man and can look past some of the other things for one year.

# 287 bigwill33 @ 09/07/14 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket82
on next-gen, is it possible to set your own rosters, trade players, edit numbers....(not in GM-Mode)! Hope for an answer, because if it is in, I "maybe" consider to buy the game, otherwise....no thx!
Trade players; yes. Edit anything; no.

# 288 declassified @ 09/07/14 09:53 AM
Pre Order cancelled. I'm not gonna give EA for this. If i do end buying the game itll be on the second hand market like kijiji or fleabay. Screw EA

# 289 rocket82 @ 09/07/14 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Trade players; yes. Edit anything; no.

THX bigwill33.......so I'm ok with it, I can create players, can trade so that the rosters will be a accurate and play my tournaments (play now) on next gen......at least a small satisfaction with this (sorry if I say it) 90% bad game!

# 290 Gotmilkman24 @ 09/07/14 10:04 AM
UPDATE - PS4 hard copy apparently just got a 1.4 GB patch.
I wonder what could be 1.4gb of a patch... thats a good size patch.

# 291 Gotmilkman24 @ 09/07/14 10:49 AM
Yeahh.. I was just on reddit and saw that

# 292 ch46647 @ 09/07/14 11:06 AM
You can add to this list that we can no longer play "couch co-op" with friends in online VS.

My friends used to love coming over and playing as a guest in online VS games with me. That functionality is no longer available

# 293 drog1602 @ 09/07/14 11:54 AM
Lol @ anyone that has faith in a patch from EA. You might see something added, but how much more will become broken.

Basically what EA has given us is a meal of raw chicken, because they did not have enough time to cook it. But, they still expect us to pay full price and if you get sick, well that is your fault. But hey, I could maybe toss in a free drink for you ( one that was suppose to come with the meal anyways).

Basically EA is saying choke on it.

Its time we gamers stand up and say NO MORE
Send a message with your wallet, its the only thing EA understands.

# 294 robinson @ 09/07/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
They do need a season and playoff mode patched in and hopefully a player editor. The demo sure didn't show graphics like 2k did w the nba. I'm waiting to see what they do bc I generally play against someone in a season or playoff mode or against CPU. I don't really care about ahl or other modes but some do and eashl was a piss off for them.
I just hope they make differences in teams and players more noticeable instead of everyone playing the same and w the same ability.
Let's hope Sony studios or 2k make a next gen hockey game.
OK, I just saw so many threads on so many websites and I kinda got really worried really quickly. So, as a season guy who likes to keep rosters the same (unless they change in real life), do you think I would be happy? Would I be able to make a trade on two teams I don't control? Thanks for your reply.

No. You can't control more than your team. You can't play a single season mode. You can only play a stripped down GM mode. You can opt to turn CPU trades off, but that will be your only control over the rest of the league. You cannot edit players at all either.

So far, we know what people have seen in the 6hr early release demo. We know they will have patchs/etc. They prob./cannot fix everything missing... but with these commits above here that are underlined, is what Iam wondering about.

Can we play a regular 82season & playoffs in the gm gamemode. Can we actually play the 82games & playoff in that mode? or is it only a sim mode. If we can play all82 games in that mode, then that's ok because that's what we do. (It does suck that the modes a lot of people normally use arnt there...)

The bottom line is, no matter how skulls & bones it is, you have to be able to play a 82gameseason & playoffs. They have to have that at the very least.

And I wanted (driveable) Zambonis in the newgeneration console.

# 295 Mrmagoo @ 09/07/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
I'm actually happy that got taken out of the game.
Good, by that logic you should be ecstatic!!!
Take out 90% of game modes, drop 90% of the profits... Sounds good!!
Btw I don't let other ppls opinions determine my purchasing decisions either, but I sure as hell don't ignore customer feedback either!!
The game is ****!!! Ea sports is and has been nothing but rehashed trash for years now.
Of course these are just my opinions. To each their own, but don't complain when they decide to take out what you like about the game.
Negative reinforcement...

# 296 jyoung @ 09/07/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
You can add to this list that we can no longer play "couch co-op" with friends in online VS.

My friends used to love coming over and playing as a guest in online VS games with me. That functionality is no longer available
I liked that feature, too, the matchmaking just needed to smarter so that it wouldn't match people up in situations where one person has guests and one person doesn't.

They should have just limited the feature to guest vs. guest games instead of taking it out completely.

# 297 stooge 1010 @ 09/07/14 02:32 PM
I can't believe we cant even edit freakin jersey numbers

# 298 robinson @ 09/07/14 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
I can't believe we cant even edit freakin jersey numbers

Does this mean we all have to listen to a broken record of 12songs for 12mths. or did they at least add a 50 song play list. We are used to about 500 songs/organ & all goal songs.

No goal songs, WTF.

# 299 kehlis @ 09/07/14 04:31 PM
Quote:
They already took out GM Connected. But I have better things to do then cry on the internet about it. I'll play HUT and have a good time with it.
But why are you happy they took it out?

I could care less they took out eashl but would never claim to be happy about it. Just doesn't make sense and pretty egotistical to say you're happy about the removal of a feature simply because it didn't appeal to you.

# 300 ch46647 @ 09/07/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
I wouldn't have minded the feature if that was the case when it was in. As a solo player I hated the cheese that inevitably came from guest teams.
If you dont want to play two people it was easily avoided. You can see if your opponent has a guest on the matchmaking screen and easily back out. Takes a total of 2 seconds to get back into another game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.