Home
NHL 15 News Post

Now that the EA Access trial period has started, Xbox One players have noticed that the list of missing modes and features in next-gen NHL 15 is much larger than previously expected. In a prior interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, some of these were hinted at but not fully disclosed, but the depth of some of the gutted features seems to be larger than initially anticipated. The following items are features which users have noticed are missing while playing the early access to NHL 15 -- keep in mind this information is preliminary and some of these could actually be in the game but well hidden. With just six hours of time to test, it doesn't leave much room to explore:

Modes/Features
  • No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay
  • No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights
  • No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.
Be A GM
  • Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games
Be A Pro
  • No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game
Ultimate Team
  • Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app
All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 StraightEdge @ 09/04/14 04:24 PM
Wait, you can't edit individual players? Like, equipment or ratings??? Wtf??!!

# 42 pm83 @ 09/04/14 04:26 PM
"No way to edit individual players"

Longest piss in the wind. Ever.

# 43 StraightEdge @ 09/04/14 04:28 PM
And there's no stats for minor leaguers either? What a disaster

# 44 Caniac94 @ 09/04/14 04:28 PM
EA you fudged up. You fudged up real bad. You know I was really excited about BAP and BAGM but after seeing this sorry excuse for two game modes I am through the wall. I'm an offline guy so and these two modes are all I play. What a sham. Somebody should be fired *cough* Rammer *cough*. Part of the Be A Pro experience is playing at all the different levels. I enjoyed working my way up from the CHL to the draft to the AHL and eventually into the NHL. I can't even do that now. Just takes all the fun out of the game mode. Consumers are really getting mega ripped off this year unless there's some serious patches to be made down the line. This game is totally stripped of anything that made it worthwhile and for what? So people can blow money on HUT. That's all EA cares about. I'm done with this franchise until they take their work seriously (HA! right).

# 45 eMLBCommish @ 09/04/14 04:30 PM
http://www.revolutionsf.com/images/content/facepalmpicardriker.jpg

# 46 BCDX97 @ 09/04/14 04:31 PM
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

These all bother me. The rest of the stuff I could care less about.

But other people DO care about them, and having that many things missing from the game sucks.

# 47 BoltsnRays1109 @ 09/04/14 04:33 PM
And they are still charging full price. What a complete joke. If anybody still plans on getting NHL 15, try to get a used copy.

# 48 StraightEdge @ 09/04/14 04:33 PM
Just to clarify, the old generation systems will have all of these features available, but not the new generation systems?

# 49 jyoung @ 09/04/14 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge
Just to clarify, the old generation systems will have all of these features available, but not the new generation systems?
We don't know much about the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 version of NHL 15 yet. So it's still a mystery as to what it will contain. I would assume that it will be keeping most of what was in NHL 14, but that's just a guess. We do know that the new commentators are in, as is the 12-man collision system.

We will be doing separate reviews for Xbox 360 NHL 15 and Xbox One NHL 15.

# 50 Moose Factory @ 09/04/14 04:37 PM
Hello FIFA 15. Guess you're the only one I can still count on.

# 51 Scribe1980 @ 09/04/14 04:43 PM
I am a die-hard puckhead, and it sounds like I will go YET another season w/o an EA NHL series purchase. May mean nothing to you, but says everything to me.

The cynic in me thinks we may be in the midst of an ol' "take-out-to-put-back-in" cycle. But EA has no track record of ever doing that, right? Naaah ...

# 52 boxers @ 09/04/14 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
We don't know much about the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 version of NHL 15 yet. So it's still a mystery as to what it will contain. I would assume that it will be keeping most of what was in NHL 14, but that's just a guess. We do know that the new commentators are in, as is the 12-man collision system.

Does that mean we know the NBCSN presentation will be included on last gen as well? If so, at least I can play a decent hockey game on last-gen until they fix current-gen.

# 53 snc237 @ 09/04/14 04:45 PM
Wow. You know what I will say I'm a easports hockey fan boy but even I can't try to defend this. This feels like what we should of got if NHL was released last year on next gen. The in game is a step up but it's still feels related to NHL 14 a lot. Then ontop of that you really do pretty much strip out all the modes. This is getting to madden 06 levels of bad.

# 54 Juevos @ 09/04/14 04:52 PM
The only thing all of us can do now is, not buy the game. I'll be back when EASHL is back.

# 55 Stormyhog @ 09/04/14 04:52 PM
Did anyone check to see if the puck made it in. Kidding aside it's ashame the game is so incomplete. If this was released when the consoles first launched I might be for forgiving but to skip last year & to be so gutted is not acceptable. If the game is going to have less then the price should be less.

# 56 bigwill33 @ 09/04/14 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Exactly, we don't know. Try asking EA, see how far that gets us. Yes, us, the proposed consumer.

Absolutely no media for these games, sketchy Q&A's that feel forced, no feature announcements, rushing to pull all of the released footage that made it to youtube, no accountability, and lie after misconstrued lie. This is what we the consumer have been fed with the NHL series.

It boggles my mind how there are still people on here and other places that stick up for this stuff. That say "I don't care" or "It doesn't effect me". How doesn't it? What exactly are you going to do with this game? How can you not be bored with it in like 2 weeks with how it is featured? How can you overlook the horrible AI and lack of features and think that is acceptable.

There are people on here hoping for things to be patched. What makes any of you think that EA will do that, they haven't said merely two words about anything. The one patch they alluded to was for OTP to be added, but not the OTP that we know and play, a different version with no leaderboards and only using NHL teams and players rather than created.

What if all you care about is GM mode? You get into this game and you see the same wonky logic is programmed into that again with CPU trades that make no sense, superstars rotting in the minors, and just random missing players in the mode. Then what?

There is nothing to do in this game! Nothing. And the excuse that there is to do in this game, play actual hockey, that isn't that great either. It is the same exact game play as the past 5 years. Same goalies, same horrid AI teammate logic, same lack of slider functionality, and the same experience all around after you peel off the shiny new paint of presentation and puck physics (that don't even work realistically when you don't see pucks bounce out of play off of sticks or other objects when shot).

And with so much missing in NHL 15 it will be years before the game is even fully featured to what we have known prior. The setback we have witnessed for this year will haunt us for years down the line. We may not see things that really improve the core of this game for another half of a decade at this rate. Goalies have not been touched outside of adding new, unrealistic desperation save animations since NHL 07. That is 8 years with the same flawed money goals going in time and time again.

I know I have said all of this in other parts and areas on here, but this is the culmination of an angry group of diehard hockey fans speaking up finally after being forced to wait to place judgement on a game that was so heavily shrouded and kept under wraps for so long. This is us calling a spade a spade and getting our chance to be heard.

Nearly every single thing that we feared about this release came true and then some!

Here it is in 2014 and I am left without a college football or basketball video game and now, for all intents and purposes, I am without a hockey video game. Thanks EA!

# 57 Saint Iscah @ 09/04/14 04:57 PM
I've been a supporter of this NHL series since the early 90's. I did take off for the 2K hockey game for the early to mid point 2000's but came back to the EA offering w/ NHL 07 & have been a loyal "day one" purchase ever since.

Id say that 85% of my NHL gameplay is EASHL or OTP. Yet even after the "NO EASHL" bomb I was still on-board for a purchase.

Then the demo....it felt lackluster, but yet I still said "well it will be different when I can play full games w/ my team."

But now after all of this that "is not in the game" I am really skipping this game. Which as some of you might guess is a huge thing to say. Chances are if you are posting and reading these threads you are a die hard hockey fan that picks this game up day 1.

I just cannot go out on Sept 9th and put down $60 for this game.

I wish I could go back 3 months and stop myself from selling my 360 & NHL14. But I was in preperation mode for the next gen in video gaming with the totally awesome "winner of 37,560,075 E3 best game ever awards" so I sold my 360 (it did pay for my PS4 in full though)

But now here I sit with the one game that I buy every year & consists of probably 75% of my total gaming......and its a no buy on day 1.

I will buy this game. But on black friday or used. Im not paying more than $30 for this game.

I know my post will fall through the cracks of the other thousand "I will not buy this game" or "cancelling my pre-order" but I just had to come vent in some fashion.

One last thing.....to the people saying your insane for defending EA with this.......they are 100% right. This is inexcusable. Can you imagine if Madden ever came out this stripped down? There would be anarchy on the street. Its just that the NHL series is such a niche market for EA.

I wholeheartedly hope that people send EA a message and seriously hurt their day 1 sales. Please. Because posts and tweets will do nothing. Trust me. There is only 1 way to talk to them---------------------> $

# 58 brent3419 @ 09/04/14 04:59 PM
nope not buying

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 59 Morry83 @ 09/04/14 05:04 PM
Not a chance. Already cancelled my preorder...

# 60 Skyflame21 @ 09/04/14 05:07 PM
Wow. Talk about hype and then wearing a pie right in the face. I went from thinking this was a must have game to now I wouldn't even purchase if it was a $5 DL game. What ashame! But this EA and as long as consumers continue to buy the crap they are selling there's not sense for them to change.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.