Home
NHL 15 News Post

Now that the EA Access trial period has started, Xbox One players have noticed that the list of missing modes and features in next-gen NHL 15 is much larger than previously expected. In a prior interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, some of these were hinted at but not fully disclosed, but the depth of some of the gutted features seems to be larger than initially anticipated. The following items are features which users have noticed are missing while playing the early access to NHL 15 -- keep in mind this information is preliminary and some of these could actually be in the game but well hidden. With just six hours of time to test, it doesn't leave much room to explore:

Modes/Features
  • No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay
  • No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights
  • No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.
Be A GM
  • Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games
Be A Pro
  • No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game
Ultimate Team
  • Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app
All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 nolesfan3 @ 09/04/14 05:59 PM
This list of features that are missing is an embarrassment. Luckily for me I'm not a diehard hockey fan because if I was I would be crushed to be offered a game that looked like this.

# 82 tman2k4 @ 09/04/14 06:15 PM
So let me understand this , I cannot play online with a friend from the same console ?

Is this 1995 ?

I wish I could cancel my PS4 digital preorder

# 83 BaylorBearBryant @ 09/04/14 06:20 PM
They should of just skipped NHL 15 on next gen. They obviously aren't ready.

# 84 ultralow36 @ 09/04/14 06:30 PM
fifa 14 all over again

# 85 actionhank @ 09/04/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman2k4
So let me understand this , I cannot play online with a friend from the same console ?

Is this 1995 ?

I wish I could cancel my PS4 digital preorder
Where did you order it from? If you call and complain, you're bound to get some progress. If nothing else, maybe you can transfer it to another game?

# 86 savedbyrask @ 09/04/14 06:33 PM
Looks like I'm canceling my ps4 pre-order and converting it to ps3. Luckily I still have decent games to play on last Gen to not justify selling my system any time soon.

I see this isn't the problem with last Gen but will they have the same presentation as next gen, minus the "on-ice" report? By this I mean, will they have the outside shot of the arena and pregame discussion, or will it just jump to the game like nhl 14? I'm a presentation guy, I like things to look and feel real, and I can do that with custom music in the game, if EA includes the presentation on their end. Obviously I know it won't look as good as next gen, but IMO the animation of the supposedly realistic jerseys on next Gen looks forced, anyway. Nothing that looks natural about it, based on the videos I've seen.

Feedback?

# 87 angelstrout @ 09/04/14 06:44 PM
Thanks EA you just saved me a nude lap dance and my cab ride home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 88 nate1986 @ 09/04/14 06:47 PM
first off im not a hockey fan, but to miss all these features is a grave injustice to those who have enjoyed the NHL series, i doubt that the same team that worked on madden had anything to do with this, as a company how can EA make a gem in madden 15 and have a runny wet dog turd of a game in NHL 15, sorry to the NHL fans

# 89 Rhaze48 @ 09/04/14 06:48 PM
Up until this very moment reading this I was still going to give EA my $60. That has now changed 100%. I held out hope because I spend 99% of my time playing LtL or BaP but now I can't even play in the minors if I suck or do the pre-draft tournament?!!? COME ON!!!

So what is it basically? Make a player, pick a team, and automatically get to play all 82 games because there is NO minor league? I stopped playing regular Season mode because I liked the chance I would get sent down, or might not bedrafted by my favorite team and have to make the best of it. Screw that.

I'll be taking my $60 to Destiny or holding on to it for Shadows of Mordor/Dragon Age 3.

# 90 Andrewthegr8 @ 09/04/14 06:49 PM
Please tell me this is just the early access version and at least SOME of these features are in actual game ... I mean at least PLEASE tell me that edit a player will be In the game I mean that is crazy !! Ea screws up so much what if I wanna change a players equipment because the screw up so bad and give like Crosby or ovechkin a sher wood or something ridiculous obv not real but just sayin I need to be able to edit players they give some crazy player ratings too that I love to change every year ...

Can someone please tell me that they've found edit player or that they've heard it will be in ?

# 91 ASB37 @ 09/04/14 06:52 PM
This is just an absolute joke. If I was at EA I would be embarrassed, but they have proven time and time again they only care about $.

Look I understand things pop up and there are issues and budget constraints, etc. but IF they had any soul or care for the customers at some point in development they would have stopped and said "you know what this game isn't up to par, let's release it as a $30 game and take the customer feedback and make NHL 16 as good as possible." What do we get instead?

EA being silent and stringing us along with no news on what features are in/out, etc. Then we get the comical smoke and mirrors interview with Rammer where he tries to save face. Bottom like the game is 25% of what was out on last gen at 100% of the price.

I don't wish anyone lose their job, but guess what in EA's world $ talks and BS walks. So what I hope for is that sales are abysmal and EA gets the message that this is NOT OK. Anything less than that is a step back for the sports gamer as a consumer.

Thank god for studios like HB who are a breath of fresh air into this industry, I wish EA would take a page out of their book.

# 92 JaFFiTh @ 09/04/14 06:54 PM
Players not editable? Including the goaltenders? Equipments? What? All the features not in. I didn't think it was that bad. Was going to buy it.... Not too sure now. Gonna wait and see what ppl say when they actual buy the game and if it's exactly like the access. They can kiss my ***! Too bad i sold my Ps3 (still have the nhl14 though) so looks like it'll be MLB the show for the rest of the season. Leaning toward buying the WWE game, looks pretty good this year!

I usually don't bash EA but damn! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY JOKE EA! WAKE UP EA!

# 93 Brady2Moss81 @ 09/04/14 06:54 PM
And the truly sad part is that the one part that they did work on, the graphics, aren't even that good. They pale, and I mean pale, in comparison to Madden, FIFA, the Show, and especially 2k.

# 94 savedbyrask @ 09/04/14 06:58 PM
Another thing I don't understand is how the company that makes the Gran Turismo series can make EXCELLENT games, graphics and performance wise (despite that people are NEVER happy with the outcome), but yet EA says it has used as much of the ps3/360 resources as possible on nhl 15 that they can't possibly make it any better. Then, they understandably take a year off from ps4/Xb1 to make the best game they can on those systems, only to remove most of what we all wanted and expected. Sure, I understand taking out out a few things or adding them in a later update, but let's be real, taking out something as basic as a shootout is a bad decision. Removing game modes is one thing, but removing basic game play features that are used in the real game. That's like if fey removed the extra point from Madden after after a touchdown. I wish they released a demo for last gen. Maybe I'll be lucky to find a video on YouTube next weekend that shows real ps3 footage from a real user.

# 95 ASB37 @ 09/04/14 07:01 PM
Not sure what's more insulting, that EA is releasing a half finished game and charging $60 for it.

Or the fact that they clearly think doing so in the first place is totally acceptable and that people will buy a $60 demo.

# 96 RefMixture @ 09/04/14 07:02 PM
I can't understand why, over the years, different nuances, modes, etc, are added in and then eventually removed. I fully anticipate the next couple years versions will boast about "new" features being added in even though they all existed previously. I'm convinced that a truly perfect sports game can be produced but never will be because of the all mighty dollar.

# 97 Andrewthegr8 @ 09/04/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Players not editable? Including the goaltenders? Equipments? What? All the features not in. I didn't think it was that bad. Was going to buy it.... Not too sure now. Gonna wait and see what ppl say when they actual buy the game and if it's exactly like the access. They can kiss my ***! Too bad i sold my Ps3 (still have the nhl14 though) so looks like it'll be MLB the show for the rest of the season. Leaning toward buying the WWE game, looks pretty good this year!

I usually don't bash EA but damn! THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY JOKE EA! WAKE UP EA!
I feel the exact way man , and I was thinking the same about the wwe game haha

# 98 ManiacMatt1782 @ 09/04/14 07:07 PM
Preorder officially cancelled. What was the point of even releasing this game? And I seriously doubt this game will get the post patch treatment that UFC got.

# 99 Rhaze48 @ 09/04/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Preorder officially cancelled. What was the point of even releasing this game? And I seriously doubt this game will get the post patch treatment that UFC got.
Luckily for me I didn't pre-pay the entire amount, only put $10 down at the counter for it. Might even forego getting that back just to avoid the hassle. lol

# 100 Vikes1 @ 09/04/14 07:13 PM
Truly a sad and upsetting day for loyal fans of this series, now that all the cats are out of the bag. No wonder why all the secretive behavior and ducking and dodging. I guess for me personally, if the gameplay was truly amazing (which imo its not) icould almost understand SOME of this major lacking in so many other areas. And thats not to mention the sure to be bugs and glitches that are sure to be there with what little is there . Yep WOW, retail price for a beta. Ugly way for EA Canada, in every way, to start this new gen of NHL..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.