Home
NHL 15 News Post

Now that the EA Access trial period has started, Xbox One players have noticed that the list of missing modes and features in next-gen NHL 15 is much larger than previously expected. In a prior interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, some of these were hinted at but not fully disclosed, but the depth of some of the gutted features seems to be larger than initially anticipated. The following items are features which users have noticed are missing while playing the early access to NHL 15 -- keep in mind this information is preliminary and some of these could actually be in the game but well hidden. With just six hours of time to test, it doesn't leave much room to explore:

Modes/Features
  • No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay
  • No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights
  • No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.
Be A GM
  • Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games
Be A Pro
  • No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game
Ultimate Team
  • Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app
All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Instant C1a55ic @ 09/04/14 09:21 PM
Guess its another year on 360...

# 122 giantsharks @ 09/04/14 09:26 PM
This would be forgivable if gameplay was actually good but it really isnt. All the stuff they have been touting is very lackluster as well. I dont know what was going on for the last two years and i know making a game is challenging but other developers seem to figure it out. Im so disappointed and had low expectations to begin with. Im officially done with ea's version of hockey, i feel like they have fallen in love with themselves. I now will just hope for 2k to comeback and put the same attention that the nba and the new wwe game are getting. With the way things are going we wont see "improvements" until ps5. Looks like hockey gaming is dead

# 123 bballshawn24 @ 09/04/14 09:30 PM
i hope they dont gradually put these features back in over the years and say they are new.

# 124 El_Poopador @ 09/04/14 09:32 PM
Was planning on buying this for the XB1, but just ordered NHL 14 off eBay instead. Too many things missing, and the lack of player editing was the final piece.

# 125 Saint Iscah @ 09/04/14 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CongoJack
I feel like such a dope,I just upgraded to a PS4 on August 28.
You and me both. In July I sold my 360 and games/accessories in preparation for basically this game. I figured if I waited too long I wouldn't get top dollar for my 360. I cant complain too much, by selling my 360 & stuff I was able to pay for a PS4 in full.

But here I sit in Sept w/ only one game......Battlefield 4. I refuse to buy NHL 15 at full price.

I honestly wish I still had my 360 for NHL 15. At least I would have game modes to play.

Ugghhh.

# 126 Drakar @ 09/04/14 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Iscah
You and me both. I sold my 360 and games/accessories in preparation for basically this game. I figured if I waited too long I wouldn't get top dollar for my 360. I cant complain too much, by selling my 360 I was able to pay for a PS4 in full.

But here I sit in Sept w/ only one game......Battlefield 4. I refuse to buy NHL 15 at full price.

I honestly wish I still had my 360 for NHL 15. At least I would have game modes to play.

Ugghhh.
Don't be sad. NHL15 on X360 is the exact same game as NHL14 except they change the 14 for the 15. Everything else is exactly the same.

# 127 Instant C1a55ic @ 09/04/14 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakar
Don't be sad. NHL15 on X360 is the exact same game as NHL14 except they change the 14 for the 15. Everything else is exactly the same.
Compared to the bare bones of these next gen versions, I am SOOOO ok with that.

# 128 mcnugget @ 09/04/14 09:40 PM
I'm booting up my modded NHL 2004 for my PC after this reply. It least I know where that games stands.

# 129 cdawg44 @ 09/04/14 09:41 PM
Wow, I haven't bought an NHL game since '11 but wanted to give this a shot cause I wanted a hockey fix on PS4. Never mind, I'll just grab NHL 14 since i still have my 360. This as bad as when NCAA Basketball 10 couldn't get a patch for a broken game and abandoned all it's fans a week after release. Also that game had TWO commentary teams and two broadcast packages...

Ea straight dumped on their fans with this one...

# 130 @legendm0de @ 09/04/14 09:43 PM
why is it costing 60 dollars then, should cost no more than 30

# 131 redsox04 @ 09/04/14 09:49 PM
I was going to buy this. But I'm a franchise guy or in this case be a gm. The simple fact that i cant draft my own players pretty much closes the door on me how do build your own team if you cant "shop for the groceries" lol had to throw that in there .

# 132 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/04/14 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
They should of just skipped NHL 15 on next gen. They obviously aren't ready.
I thought that's why they didn't release 14 on ps4/x1

# 133 BlueNGold @ 09/04/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You can "scout" prospects throughout the regular season, but once the draft arrives in the offseason, all of your team's picks are made by the CPU. There is no special cutscene or anything. The game just goes from a blank sim screen to "here's your team's randomly generated rookies."
Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Like really, I don't even....

I was pretty much dead set on buying this next Tuesday but wow, now I'm starting to have second thoughts. I mean honestly a lot of what's missing I never really used, but still. Even Madden 25 last year was a more fully featured next-gen game.

# 134 actionhank @ 09/04/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
i hope they dont gradually put these features back in over the years and say they are new.
Bringing you the all new "Online With Friends" mode! Take to the ice and play any position in a team made up of your friends from across the globe! Compete in the new EA Online Hockey Club, a feature we've never had before, built from the ground up to compliment out brand new physics engine!

# 135 drog1602 @ 09/04/14 10:28 PM
Wow! What a mess

No EASHL
NO SEASON MODE
NO CUSTOM AI
NO EDITING PLAYERS

I love how EA tried to keep everything quiet to sell copies. This is really criminal, misleading customers.

This could be a sign that EA hockey will be cancelled. At the very least, they need a new team an direction.

This is no way to treat customers. Where is Rammer and Dev team now? We need some answers and truthful answers.

Oh yes, we will talk more about this later...

Lol

# 136 Demoncrom @ 09/04/14 10:30 PM
cough GARBAGE cough.

# 137 RynoSabre @ 09/04/14 10:34 PM
Keep the faith brother! We will rise from the ashes of the Ryan Miller era and be powerful again... in a few years...maybe 4 or 5.....right? Right??? RIGHT???

# 138 orion523 @ 09/04/14 10:37 PM
Wow, this is a shockingly poor effort. The only thing even remotely done well is the presentation and that's even limited(PBP is very repetitive).
For a game in development for as long as this has been, this is an unmitigated disaster. Hockey fans(I am not one), do not take the bait, this is a bad game.

# 139 1908_Cubs @ 09/04/14 10:38 PM
Wow. I was a little disheartened by the loss of EASHL...but ouch. I was pretty much going to be okay with the game if the gameplay was fixed and the demo made it seem quite likely, and that the gameplay would be wonderful.

Simple things like player editor and some random generated CPU draft? How about no fantasy draft? That alone got Madden 13 users pissed off to no avail (they patched it in later). No custom music? This is all highly unexceptionable. I can live without some online-frill move like EASHL, but stripping Be a Legend mode (no minors? C'mon), on top of GM mode (crap draft/no fantasy draft), on top of no player editor (I guess there goes the awesome custom roster sets) is trash on a stick. That's basic. And they've lost a day 1 purchase from me because of it. When they patch in all of the above (because they likely will) I'll got buy the thing for $29.99 used. But until then...this is pretty disappointing even if they have upgraded visuals and improved gameplay.

# 140 BCDX97 @ 09/04/14 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroWorship
Save your money kids. Play the older games. Plug in the Sega; play a non-EA Sports hockey game, or enjoy the upcoming NHL season, unless you're a Sabres fan like me. I'll be drinking whiskey watching every game while playing NHL 07 reliving the Presidents Trophy winning-season and possibly crying.
No thanks. I care more about gameplay than anything else, and it still looks damn cool to me. I am buying a PS4 to play this game, even with a lot of these features missing. I can understand frustration, but this is a new game they have built.

Oh, and Hull scores, Stars win, baby!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.