Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Andre Drummond just tweeted out his NBA 2K15 player rating, along with a screenshot of himself in the game.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DonWuan @ 09/05/14 11:04 AM
Have they mentioned anything about fixing rotations?

With the new rating system, will guys like Kyle korver end up 12th man because of rating.

# 42 stillfeelme @ 09/05/14 11:29 AM
Drummond and Jordan will be very close in rating. +/- 1. They both lack a post game but Drummond appears to be able to dribble a little bit with the ball nothing fancy but that is what I noticed. He moves like a SF with the ball at 270Lbs
Inside scoring: These dudes are 60%+ shooters they will be capped at 99
Speed: DeAndre by my eyes
Agility: Slight edge to Jordan
Vertical: about even
Dunking: about even
OREB: Drummond
DREB: Jordan
Post Def: Opp FG% 39% Drummond, Jordan 41% slight edge but so small you would call them about even.
Post Off: 40FG% Drummond, 48% Jordan Jordan has the advantage here but neither are really good in the post.
Opp FG% at rim: 53% Drummond, Jordan 50%. They are good but not elite rim protectors are usually 40's and less
Defensive awareness: Hard to say but neither one appears to be overly better than the other.

I expect Jordan to be like a 83 or 84.

# 43 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'm not positive, but I don't think this is true. I'm pretty sure Drummond's TRB% was higher than DeAndre as well.

I do agree that DeAndre is probably a better defender at this point in time though.

Regarding the bottom part of your post, they said that their overalls will not change when traded. They simply have many different overall formulas, and whichever results in the highest overall for a given player is the one that is displayed regardless of the team fit.

But rebound % only takes into account the number of rebounds available to a player, which also falls a lot on how active a player is on the glass, how often he decides to chase a rebound that doesn't bounce right to him..

For example Roy Hibbertt has a relatively high rebound %, he does every season. Yet he's one of the worse rebounding guys over 7 feet in the league, averaging a little over 6 last year.

Jordan averages a higher RPG average and a higher RP36 minute average than Drummond, even though Drummond has a better TR%.. This basically tells me that Jordan is more active on the glass, more like to go get a rebound if that makes sense.

This is all just nitpicking anyways, they both should have damn near maxed out rebounding ratings.. Both have similar offensive ratings which is basically dunk only, I think the difference would be in defense which isn't a large difference but should be represented..

Though I doubt 2K has Jordan rated as high as Drummond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 44 DonWuan @ 09/05/14 12:32 PM
Does it really matter if they play like themselves. As long as they don't look like Hakeem down low and shooting mid range jumpers.

# 45 MikeBadge @ 09/05/14 12:35 PM
I understand we don't know too much about the rating system at this point but I'm not sure how Drummond gets to an 83 under any type of evaluation.

A lot of people are pointing to his ability to score it in the paint and his defensive presence but he is not as good at those things as it seems on at first glance.

Yes he shot 62 percent from the field but he literally took 17 shots outside of 8 feet last season. That's not a bad thing inherently -- that's how guys like DeAndre get theirs as well -- but when you look specifically at how he shot it at the rim he looks more above average than great. 30 players shot better at the rim than his 67 percent number and a lot of bigs were significantly better -- Brandan Wright shot 79 percent, and guys like Plumlee, DeAndre, Marc Gasol, Birdman, Griffin, Bosh, Terrance Jones, Bogut and Mike Scott were much better as well.

And while he was a decent shot blocker, he is a prime example of a shot blockers who too often get lost in NBA D-rotations to consistently be a solid anchor for their teams. Anybody who consistently watched Pistons games can attest to this. Players shot 53 percent at the rim against him which was fairly high among the most active defensive bigs in the league. There were a lot of bigs better than him in that regard and even teammate Greg Monroe did a better job defending against paint shots than him.

He doesn't have any real discernible skill outside of these (besides top level rebounding) and is more so a guy with big upside who hasn't capitalized at all on his potential yet. 83 seems high.

# 46 stillfeelme @ 09/05/14 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
But rebound % only takes into account the number of rebounds available to a player, which also falls a lot on how active a player is on the glass, how often he decides to chase a rebound that doesn't bounce right to him..

For example Roy Hibbertt has a relatively high rebound %, he does every season. Yet he's one of the worse rebounding guys over 7 feet in the league, averaging a little over 6 last year.

Jordan averages a higher RPG average and a higher RP36 minute average than Drummond, even though Drummond has a better TR%.. This basically tells me that Jordan is more active on the glass, more like to go get a rebound if that makes sense.

This is all just nitpicking anyways, they both should have damn near maxed out rebounding ratings.. Both have similar offensive ratings which is basically dunk only, I think the difference would be in defense which isn't a large difference but should be represented..

Why wouldn't they be ranked about the same. They have strengths in about the same regions weaknesses in the same area. They are about as close as close can get. They defend about the same Jordan better shot blocker. Drummond better offense boards , defend about the same. can't shoot from outside.

# 47 MikeBadge @ 09/05/14 12:41 PM
Quote:

Not exactly how rebound% works. It is the percentage of rebounds a player gets out of every single rebound available while the player is on the court. Whether the player pursues the rebound or actually has a decent shot of getting it is irrelevant.

When a shot goes up, all 10 players have a rebound opportunity. Rebounding percentage is a measure of what percentage of rebound opportunities he actually grabs.

# 48 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBadge
Not exactly how rebound% works. It is the percentage of rebounds a player gets out of every single rebound available while the player is on the court. Whether the player pursues the rebound or actually has a decent shot of getting it is irrelevant.

When a shot goes up, all 10 players have a rebound opportunity. Rebounding percentage is a measure of what percentage of rebound opportunities he actually grabs.

You're right, I'm thinking rebounding opportunities, which only accounts for rebounds with in 3.5 feet of the player. Which Jordan does have a higher rate of rebounds per opportunity, 70% compared to 69.2%..

# 49 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
I understand we don't know too much about the rating system at this point but I'm not sure how Drummond gets to an 83 under any type of evaluation.

A lot of people are pointing to his ability to score it in the paint and his defensive presence but he is not as good at those things as it seems on at first glance.

Yes he shot 62 percent from the field but he literally took 17 shots outside of 8 feet last season. That's not a bad thing inherently -- that's how guys like DeAndre get theirs as well -- but when you look specifically at how he shot it at the rim he looks more above average than great. 30 players shot better at the rim than his 67 percent number and a lot of bigs were significantly better -- Brandan Wright shot 79 percent, and guys like Plumlee, DeAndre, Marc Gasol, Birdman, Griffin, Bosh, Terrance Jones, Bogut and Mike Scott were much better as well.

And while he was a decent shot blocker, he is a prime example of a shot blockers who too often get lost in NBA D-rotations to consistently be a solid anchor for their teams. Anybody who consistently watched Pistons games can attest to this. Players shot 53 percent at the rim against him which was fairly high among the most active defensive bigs in the league. There were a lot of bigs better than him in that regard and even teammate Greg Monroe did a better job defending against paint shots than him.

He doesn't have any real discernible skill outside of these (besides top level rebounding) and is more so a guy with big upside who hasn't capitalized at all on his potential yet. 83 seems high.

Exactly..

Jordan's defensive awareness would be much higher as well. He hedges better, doesn't get lost in his rotations as often.. Drummond is an excellent shot blocker but nearly 100% due to his athleticism at this point. Jordan was actually a very strong positional defender last season, which is why Jordan received 14 first placed defensive votes (63 total) compared to Drummond's 0 (1 total).

# 50 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Why wouldn't they be ranked about the same. They have strengths in about the same regions weaknesses in the same area. They are about as close as close can get. They defend about the same Jordan better shot blocker. Drummond better offense boards , defend about the same. can't shoot from outside.

I think they should be ranked about the same, I just could see 2K having Jordan considerably lower, which I wouldn't agree with.

# 51 stillfeelme @ 09/05/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Once your inside rating is in the upper 60's there is hardly any difference. The difference between Drummond and pretty much all of those guys is when he gets offensive rebounds he attempts the shots as tips so they counts as boards and shots. He doesn't make as many but they bring his % down at the rim. All this means is athletic rebounders can be 80's Expect Gasol to be rated better but not be able to board like him

Brom Bball reference.com
Drummond shot 143 tip shots made 55% of them
Jordan shot 55 tip shots made 36%
Wright shot 11 tip shots mad 46%

I would imagine he had to shoot the most tip shots out of the whole league

# 52 ojandpizza @ 09/05/14 01:25 PM
If only Cleveland had drafted Drummond rather than Waiters, championship!

# 53 stillfeelme @ 09/05/14 01:25 PM
Quote:
I think they should be ranked about the same, I just could see 2K having Jordan considerably lower, which I wouldn't agree with.

Haha I see no reason to rank Drummond better I see it as Jordan slightly better or even. He appears more agile who knows though +/-1 is about right that is like a roundoff

# 54 MikeBadge @ 09/05/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Once your inside rating is in the upper 60's there is hardly any difference. The difference between Drummond and pretty much all of those guys is when he gets offensive rebounds he attempts the shots as tips so they counts as boards and shots. He doesn't make as many but they bring his % down at the rim. All this means is athletic rebounders can be 80's Expect Gasol to be rated better but not be able to board like him

Brom Bball reference.com
Drummond shot 143 tip shots made 55% of them
Jordan shot 55 tip shots made 36%
Wright shot 11 tip shots mad 46%

I would imagine he had to shoot the most tip shots out of the whole league
That's a good point and the fact he attempted so many tips probably effected his paint numbers. (I do wonder if he would have been more effective bringing some of the rebounds down and going up again. But on some rebounds that was his probably only option. It's a complicated topic.)

I still think the guys in the low to high 70s have put a significant gap between them and him. Guys like Marc Gasol, Plumlee, and and DeAndre are close to 5 percentage points up. Wright is a solid 11 percentage points ahead (though he might be a bit of an anomaly).

Drummond is definitely an above average player around the rim. Just not sure I would call him really good there. I agree with your points though.

# 55 Kodii Rockets @ 09/05/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Where did you see that? If any center is a 90, I'd make it Joakim Noah. I admit my Bulls bias, but the dude was in the conversation for MVP. This is coming from the guy that raged when he was picked!
MAN, I hated that pick. Looking at him with his dumb hair and his stupid seersucker suit just pissed me off, I hated that kid at Florida, but once he got drafted and I had to accept him as our own, I grew to love him. I wouldn't trade him for anything(except the LeBron's/KD's of the world)

But in regards to your original post, I don't think he should be rated a 90, I'd give him a 86-87 though...

# 56 Factzzz @ 09/05/14 04:13 PM
Everyone in this thread is missing the most important thing... They fixed the Pistons jersey.

They definitely fixed the piping, and possibly darkened the blue to match real life.

This bodes well for the Raptors jerseys as well.

2k14:
2k15:

As for the ratings, who cares what the overall is as long as they play like themselves on the court, and as long as their stats at the end of a simulated season reflect the players real life stats.

# 57 ecovyoudug @ 09/05/14 04:53 PM
Well we all know how tricky 2K is with their rating systems in the past. So lets see what this all consist of, it may make more sense. I change ratings myself every year so I'm not bothered lol. Drummond will be 76-77 at best in my game. Very talented player who has potential to be special in the league, he and DeAndre are very similar. I'd give the nod to DJ though, who I feel finally cracked 80 in my book.

# 58 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
MAN, I hated that pick. Looking at him with his dumb hair and his stupid seersucker suit just pissed me off, I hated that kid at Florida, but once he got drafted and I had to accept him as our own, I grew to love him. I wouldn't trade him for anything(except the LeBron's/KD's of the world)
Right there with you. I would not trade him for ANY other center in the league. Including Howard.

Quote:
But in regards to your original post, I don't think he should be rated a 90, I'd give him a 86-87 though...
I wasn't saying he should be 90. I was saying that if ANY center were a 90, it should be him. That's all. I'd say he's and Howard are 88-89.

# 59 da ThRONe @ 09/05/14 09:39 PM
People who say Drummond has no offensive skill isn't doing any homework. He has less of his made baskets assisted than people like Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, and Anthony Davis.

Drummond post game is raw and mostly basic, but it certain isn't nonexistent. When you couple his budding post game with his elite level touch around the basket I think in his prime he surpasses Howard especially offensively.

This is just a taste of his offensive skillset.

# 60 Kaanyr Vhok @ 09/05/14 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Where did you see that? If any center is a 90, I'd make it Joakim Noah. I admit my Bulls bias, but the dude was in the conversation for MVP. This is coming from the guy that raged when he was picked!
Dwight was not the reason Houston got bumped. He is really hard to guard in the post one on one. He has simple moves but they work. He has jump hooks, a fast dribble drive and he makes reverse layups at a high clip.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.