Home
NHL 15 News Post

NHL 15 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers, exclusively on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Play a few games, post your impressions and let us know what you think.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jyoung @ 09/05/14 05:35 PM
The All-Star game is still in Be A GM. You play it in Columbus.

# 22 Yundtder @ 09/05/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I saw a lot of penalties in the Memorial Cup Be A Pro entry draft tryout game I played. There was even a CPU instigated fight and a game misconduct boarding.

In the NHL Be a GM games, I haven't seen hardly any penalties called.

I am playing on default All-Star Hardcore.

Feels the same as NHL 14.

The CPU feels the same as NHL 14. All the old tricks seem to work. They are extremely passive and will let you do whatever you want when you have the puck.

The CPU's offense also feels the same. They are incredibly indecisive in the neutral zone. They struggle to get shots off and stay in possession.

The puck physics on dump-ins are the only real noticeable gameplay improvement so far. The collisions feel a little more lifelike, but not by much.
Thanks for the answers.

Just one follow up question to the Penalies.
Are you seeing penalties in the game as you play that ARENT being called?
For example, the blatant knocking down of your open players without the puck and no call, you can also do the same, check their players and no call.
Check from behind, Charging, ect.
I never got any of these called on me or for me playing BEAGM in High Impact Custom Sliders.

If you could comment on this, I would appreciate it! its a big part of what pissed me off about 14.

They all worked in Hardcore, but I couldnt stand how slow the game play was at that setting.

# 23 jyoung @ 09/05/14 05:54 PM
I just played the All-Star game on "high impact" settings and there was only one CPU boarding penalty. This was on 5 minute periods. I didn't see any other "close calls" aside from that one dirty hit.

# 24 Yundtder @ 09/05/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I just played the All-Star game on "high impact" settings and there was only one CPU boarding penalty. This was on 5 minute periods. I didn't see any other "close calls" aside from that one dirty hit.
Well, this sounds promising actually! As long as it was actually called...

Try intentionally checking a player without the puck and see if you get called for interference... If it does, its fixed and this would be a big plus for me.

# 25 pm83 @ 09/05/14 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info jyoung! I'm stupid and rich enough to buy this to get new jerseys, commentary and bouncy-puck fix. And hooray for hybrid!

# 26 jyoung @ 09/05/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Does the CPU still use that seemingly invincible protect puck/cut to the net move most of the time?
Honestly the CPU offense feels even worse than it did last year. They don't seem to do much of anything. All they do is skate sideways and pass laterally in the neutral zone until they decide to dump it in and turn it over.

The PS4 AI is much more lethal on offense.

Quote:
Also, are the breakouts still too easy with the CPU D leaving the LW wide open all the time?
You can literally do whatever you want when you have the puck: skate anywhere, pass anywhere, shoot anywhere. The CPU just stands there and won't attack you. This is a long-time problem with the series that hasn't been fixed.

# 27 mkharsh33 @ 09/05/14 06:34 PM
Thanks for your impressions and updates. You literally saved me $60. I'm done with this series. I still have my son's copy of NHL 14, so I'll see if any roster updates will be provided and just play the "play now" games to go along with the season for my hockey fix. This is truly disappointing... Just a real bummer to read, but I appreciate your honesty and candor, jyoung!

# 28 jyoung @ 09/05/14 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yundtder
Try intentionally checking a player without the puck and see if you get called for interference... If it does, its fixed and this would be a big plus for me.
Goalie interference seems to be called correctly now. I've seen two collisions with the goalie result in minor penalties. One of them even wiped away a goal that was scored from the interference.

Slashes still don't get called much though. They still have that animation where you shake your hand after getting hit, and a lot of times there will be no penalty, even when the animation triggers.

# 29 jyoung @ 09/05/14 06:38 PM
The loading and processing times are still extremely long in Be A GM and GM Connected.

# 30 jyoung @ 09/05/14 06:42 PM
Olympic jerseys are still the same generic ones from last year.

# 31 BearishRiggs @ 09/05/14 06:47 PM
I have to beg everyone here to not spend $60 for a roster update and better puck physics. Please. This game wouldn't be worth it at half the price, honestly.

# 32 jyoung @ 09/05/14 07:02 PM
There is a lighting storm coming through Nashville right now, so I am powering everything down.

I hope to be back up later tonight once the storm passes.

Keep the questions coming and I'll get to them when I can.

Archived stream footage is up now in past broadcasts:

http://www.twitch.tv/jyoungos/manager/past_broadcasts

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.