Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The 99th episode of the Press Row Podcast features an in-depth, candid interview with NBA 2K15 Senior Producer Rob Jones all about the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One version of 2K Sports’ basketball game. Host Rich Grisham talks with Rob about a number of key subjects, including how the team put their plans together for this year’s game, his thoughts on the controversy surrounding the implementation of VC in NBA 2K14 (and how it is changing this season), core gameplay features, and some of the cool new features and options players will have across NBA 2K15’s impressive number of game modes. It’s a fascinating look into the mindset of the NBA 2K team, and can only be found here at Operation Sports on the Press Row Podcast.

Joining us this week:
Rob Jones, Senior Producer, NBA 2K15 (@RobJones2K)
And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
  1. Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
  2. Email the show at [email protected]

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090, Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast) , and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1:10

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ffaacc03 @ 09/07/14 08:45 AM
Let me say that I havent been this excited in a long, long time ... and it is mostly due to how much feedback have they paid attention to and implemented into the game (that is commendable, even if we havent seen how it was implemented) ... is like in a whole legendary level.

Custom rosters for online leagues !

There can be 2 to 30 users but those that arent users are run by CPU !

They acknowledged that online leagues didnt work, so they tested it, it was their focus to make then function and stable and they recoded in a way so they can identify more easily something thats not working right !

A few other (important) tidbits that should make online gamers happy.

Now, if only the 2k webpage could be more like it was back in 2k10 & 2k11 ... and league creator and administrators could have the allmighty powers they used to have.

Anyways, dont want to seem ungratefull with my wantings and therefor, I will just say THANK YOU 2K ! ... here is to hope for this level of hearing and caring be sustained moving forward.

# 22 thedream2k13 @ 09/07/14 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
He again emphasised that association modes are one of the least popular. This is amazing to me; totally unbelievable.

Reading these boards for the last 5 years, I would have thought it was the most popular.
This board is 1% of the millions that buy the game.

# 23 Sinner @ 09/07/14 11:07 AM
Was nice listening to the podcast, want to say I find it hard to believe that many people said they liked the cut scenes and stories in MyCareer and wanted more but actually I'm not totally surprised.

I understand there's probably no way of doing it or it would be extremely hard but wish we had option to turn off the linear story lines. This is a small gripe and with what's been announced won't stop me from getting and enjoying the game this year.

Also wanted to say that IMO the first primary goal should always be to improve on the court, then branch off from there.

# 24 23 @ 09/07/14 11:54 AM
Quote:
He again emphasised that association modes are one of the least popular. This is amazing to me; totally unbelievable.

Reading these boards for the last 5 years, I would have thought it was the most popular.
I'm sure it just ended up being quick games.

My team is the most popular last year but that doesn't make it the better one.

# 25 Junior Moe @ 09/07/14 12:42 PM
This podcast actually confirmed my belief about the future of sports gaming. It explains why Madden, NBA2K and the rest are all shifting gears towards online modes; that's where the people spend their time and money. I don't like that direction as a Franchise Mode type but I can't knock it because it just makes sense from a business POV. I'm glad we have guys on the 2K team who are still passionate about Franchise mode and will continue to flesh out that experience for us, though.

# 26 thedream2k13 @ 09/07/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
This podcast actually confirmed my belief about the future of sports gaming. It explains why Madden, NBA2K and the rest are all shifting gears towards online modes; that's where the people spend their time and money. I don't like that direction as a Franchise Mode type but I can't knock it because it just makes sense from a business POV. I'm glad we have guys on the 2K team who are still passionate about Franchise mode and will continue to flesh out that experience for us, though.
Well they had a great online franchise mode but it didn't make it into the game this year. Its more fun with friends then playing alone IMO

# 27 MagicFan4Life @ 09/07/14 04:05 PM
All I want in Online Leagues is the ability to play multiple seasons!

# 28 Junior Moe @ 09/07/14 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Well they had a great online franchise mode but it didn't make it into the game this year. Its more fun with friends then playing alone IMO
I may ultimately end up online. CPU logic will never meet human intelligence governing a team anyway. It just won't. And that's no knock at the 2K team. These guys are insane with what they're doing with this game. I'm checking this site everyday like a crackhead looking for new NBA 2K info. lol. I may even give online a shot this year depending on what 2K has in store for us. But, I will always keep me an offline mode going just because I like to get deep into Association mode. And now that we have 80, there are gonna be many different "era's" to come. It's not about playing alone VS playing against a person. I just like to watch the league change over time and know that my decisions helped shape it in some form or fashion.

# 29 23 @ 09/07/14 05:39 PM
Quote:
Fun is wholly subjective

# 30 thedream2k13 @ 09/07/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Fun is wholly subjective
thats why i had to add the IMO. I got a full friends list of 2k players and playing the cpu isnt half the fun of playing in a online 82 game league on HOF SIM with multiple seasons. But depending on what site I venture into the community thinks differently. on the 2k.com site is all about online which is different from OS 2k community.

i started playing 2k at 2k3 so i play offline also. But for a social person like me with military friends all over the world online is where its at

# 31 Scramz718 @ 09/07/14 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'm sure it just ended up being quick games.

My team is the most popular last year but that doesn't make it the better one.

Rob said MyCareer beat out quick games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 32 23 @ 09/07/14 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Rob said MyCareer beat out quick games this year.

I understand that.. this year

Its still an offline game. No matter how you want to slice is offline is the core of the game.

I was speaking on quick games vs association which there really wasn't one, except on current gen.

# 33 23 @ 09/07/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
thats why i had to add the IMO. I got a full friends list of 2k players and playing the cpu isnt half the fun of playing in a online 82 game league on HOF SIM with multiple seasons. But depending on what site I venture into the community thinks differently. on the 2k.com site is all about online which is different from OS 2k community.

i started playing 2k at 2k3 so i play offline also. But for a social person like me with military friends all over the world online is where its at
I know that, but I said the word fun is subjective. That's just your circle of friends you're talking about... at the same time just because playing the CPU is boring to you doesnt mean it is to another 3 million people.

# 34 Sinner @ 09/07/14 08:42 PM
Quote:

I can understand that cause I've seen so many post over the last few years saying how lacking Association Mode has been and how bad it's been needing an overhaul.

I just want them to take the approach that "This mode is the least played what can we do to fix it and not this mode is the least to be played let's not worry about it or get rid of it."

I will be very interested in seeing how things change as far as association mode now that it's been seriously overhauled like many have been wanting. Of course it's also according to how good MyCareer is going to be.

# 35 Jakeness23 @ 09/07/14 10:15 PM
Ever since the mentioned year to year saves for The Show I've been wondering if 2K will do it. *Fingers crossed*

# 36 loso_34 @ 09/07/14 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Let me say that I havent been this excited in a long, long time ... and it is mostly due to how much feedback have they paid attention to and implemented into the game (that is commendable, even if we havent seen how it was implemented) ... is like in a whole legendary level.

Custom rosters for online leagues !

There can be 2 to 30 users but those that arent users are run by CPU !

They acknowledged that online leagues didnt work, so they tested it, it was their focus to make then function and stable and they recoded in a way so they can identify more easily something thats not working right !

A few other (important) tidbits that should make online gamers happy.

Now, if only the 2k webpage could be more like it was back in 2k10 & 2k11 ... and league creator and administrators could have the allmighty powers they used to have.

Anyways, dont want to seem ungratefull with my wantings and therefor, I will just say THANK YOU 2K ! ... here is to hope for this level of hearing and caring be sustained moving forward.

With custom rosters you can essentially run an online association. Just edit player attributes year by year..hope this works out.

# 37 Scramz718 @ 09/07/14 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I understand that.. this year

Its still an offline game. No matter how you want to slice is offline is the core of the game.

I was speaking on quick games vs association which there really wasn't one, except on current gen.

Dude what are you talking about? Slice what, It's no debate 2k is a offline game.

No matter how you try to slice it MyCreer is the most popular mode and association the least.

I didn't mention anything about 2k being an online or offline game.

2k is notorious for horrid server and releasing broken online modes.

As a online gamer it was good to hear Rob Jones say, "creating an online experience that is varied and stable is critical to nba2k and our success."

Hopeful 2k15 delivers a much better online experience for those of us that play online.

# 38 23 @ 09/08/14 12:44 AM
[quote=Scramz718;2046561846]
Quote:
Dude what are you talking about? Slice what, It's no debate 2k is a offline game.

No matter how you try to slice it MyCreer is the most popular mode and association the least.

I didn't mention anything about 2k being an online or offline game.

Did he say my team or my career?
Be honest, you're repeating this just because Rob said it.

Quote:
2k is notorious for horrid server and releasing broken online modes.

As a online gamer it was good to hear Rob Jones say, "creating an online experience that is varied and stable is critical to nba2k and our success."

Hopeful 2k15 delivers a much better online experience for those of us that play online.
No disagreeing with you there, and it should be fixed.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.