Home
The Golf Club News Post

Welcome to the 2014 PS4 O.S. Open Championship

We at Operation Sports are thrilled to bring the 1st annual Operation Sports Open Championship to be played at OS Hills. The tournament will consist of four rounds, and the individual with the lowest total score overall after all four rounds are completed, will be declared the winner. We appreciate your participation, and look forward to a wonderful event.

Each round will consist of 18 holes, and the winner with the lowest score of all four rounds combined will have his/her choice of a free game for any platform with a value of $60.00 or less. If there is any discrepancy in regards to the final outcome, the Administrator of Operation Sports will have the final ruling.

We would like to wish all who participate, good luck!

The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view The Golf Club screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 41 codywar11 @ 09/06/14 01:26 AM
you've got some stiff competition haha
it's amazing how fun this game is even when you're awful : )

# 42 NewEra760 @ 09/06/14 01:49 AM
This is going to be fun.

# 43 cgbandit @ 09/06/14 01:52 AM
Great course but the wind is killing me lol.

+13 thru 9 .... Yeah I'm going to be up for awhile.

# 44 speedtrucker @ 09/06/14 02:07 AM
damn sucks that this is only on PS4...

got all excited till I came to the forum and saw that it wasn't XB1...

# 45 drtrix @ 09/06/14 02:36 AM
+13. A very solid fair course. Anyone who is under par after 4 rounds there is quite a good player.

# 46 brent3419 @ 09/06/14 02:51 AM
practiced at the hills and shot a +33 that wind was hellacious lol! kept trying to rack my brains on how to figure it out vs the wind. on one hole i took a gamble and sinked a par putt from the rough and i have video evidence of it!!

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 47 lolo5227 @ 09/06/14 03:21 AM
Just got done with my first practice round here. Shot a +19. Very fun challenging course.

# 48 HustlinOwl @ 09/06/14 03:22 AM
wind is random for each player I guess?

# 49 NewEra760 @ 09/06/14 04:36 AM
Shot a +14, and that wind is brutal.

# 50 Rain City Gamer @ 09/06/14 05:24 AM
Just signed up!
PSN: Seamount4Life

# 51 knob1701 @ 09/06/14 07:22 AM
Do we just search by tournament to enter? Played practice round on course +12

# 52 bluengold34_OS @ 09/06/14 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knob1701
Do we just search by tournament to enter? Played practice round on course +12
It is listed under tours as Operation Sports OS Hills. I listed under tours as I am doing a little recon also for the OS Tour.

The tournament is live(under tours section)

# 53 maltliquor23 @ 09/06/14 08:24 AM
definitely going to be my no entertaining football on fun

PSN: maltliquor23

# 54 chrashbird @ 09/06/14 08:26 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrr, yep I was correct, used up all my luck in the practice round and shooting -1......1st shot off the tee into the water. Went into the drink twice more during the round.

Ended up +11 after the first round, I'm actually happy with that as I was +10 after 7 holes lol.

Wind was brutal at 13mph and I think Im going to play 2 holes as bogey is good, both were into head winds and couldnt get close to the green, especially the 6th or 7th which is surrounded by water as I had 3 wood into there twice (my other wet shots) before biting the bullet and laying up.

I need a mental break now.

Good luck guys.......you'll probably need it!!!!

# 55 Ivefoundgod @ 09/06/14 08:28 AM
Just bought the game yesterday, played three rounds and decided to enter this...big mistake ha. Finished +24 after battling my way around the course, that wind was ferocious at times, had to take a Driver off the tee at 14 after my first shot with a 3 wood clattered off the rocks and into the water. Highlight was a birdie on the last after a sublime approach to 7 ft.

Enjoyed it but found some parts of the course unfair and unrealistic, in particular one hole had pin placed at a ridiculously steep slope which meant if you missed it either rolled back down or went metres past the hole. You'd never see a hole placed like that in real life, obviously theres undulations and slopes on greens but this was like having a 2 tier green and putting the hole on the slope between each tier. Ruined the immersion for me but aside from that and a few other parts the course is excellent, particularly loved the OS Hills sign in the bunker at the back of 18.

On to round 2 and best of luck to everyone.

# 56 jrdsvtk @ 09/06/14 08:28 AM
Servers may be a little screwy this morning? Just tried searching for the tournament and came back empty handed.

# 57 countryboy @ 09/06/14 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdsvtk
Servers may be a little screwy this morning? Just tried searching for the tournament and came back empty handed.
did you search tournament or tours? Its listed under tours

# 58 NYJin2011tm @ 09/06/14 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdsvtk

I couldn't find this course to practice on last night either.

# 59 countryboy @ 09/06/14 09:36 AM
1st Round score in the books. Shot 79 (+7)

This course is soooo unforgiving and playing with 10mph winds makes it much more difficult.

# 60 NYJin2011tm @ 09/06/14 10:13 AM
I found it and just played a practice round...+32 lol. It should've have been +30 though. On one of the early holes I hit a tee shot way right off the fairway and the announcer said looks like your getting wet. But there was no water there, just heavy rough and it still added 2 strokes to my score.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.