Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

According to the official NBA Live 15 website, the game has been delayed. The original release date of October 7th has been updated with an October 28 release date.

We have reached out to EA for comment. We should hear something official soon and we will update the post.

Thanks for the heads up @omole21!!

EA Sports has posted another Open Letter, explaining the delay with a few gameplay videos and new gameplay blog.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 chadeo23 @ 09/09/14 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Sounds good, but it would take some very responsive man/team defense to 'activate' these scenarios. I hope this is the case.
After watching the Lebron dunk video again in slow motion, you can actually see the real-time physics/rag doll engine being activated. You can see when Lebron is in the air about to dunk, Ariza's knee bumps Lebron's foot as he contests the shot from behind and Lebron's foot reacts as it would to contact. And when Lebron and Ariza land, there's some cool physical interaction with their arms/shoulder...no arms going through arms or any of that stuff. Even the way Terrence Jones takes the contact looks great. Didn't really notice this until slowing it down. None of that in 2K

# 322 Rondee @ 09/09/14 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeo23
After watching the Lebron dunk video again in slow motion, you can actually see the real-time physics/rag doll engine being activated. You can see when Lebron is in the air about to dunk, Ariza's knee bumps Lebron's foot as he contests the shot from behind and Lebron's foot reacts as it would to contact. And when Lebron and Ariza land, there's some cool physical interaction with their arms/shoulder...no arms going through arms or any of that stuff. Even the way Terrence Jones takes the contact looks great. Didn't really notice this until slowing it down. None of that in 2K

All that would be great if the dunk itself looked good, but it looks so unnatural. I can deal with some clipping, but not hd ps2 dunks in 2014.

# 323 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/14 10:01 PM
Quote:

Could be wrong but I think you may be overthinking some of this...

# 324 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/09/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What parts specifically ? Just wondering

# 325 chadeo23 @ 09/09/14 10:10 PM
Quote:
I'm not saying it's an amazing example of their physics engine. I'm just saying it's cool to actually see. They're very minor things, but I care about the detail. In previous (and current) games there would have been clipping all over that play. Hopefully there will be better, more obvious illustrations of the physics in action soon.

# 326 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/14 10:23 PM
Quote:
I'm not saying it's an amazing example of their physics engine. I'm just saying it's cool to actually see. They're very minor things, but I care about the detail. In previous games there would have been clipping all over that play. Hopefully there will be better, more obvious illustrations of the physics in action soon.

If what you detailed was what actually occurred, it would be amazing honestly...but the LeBron/Ariza interaction you detailed looked to be just two animations playing out...

The Terrance Jones reaction was indeed nice though and looked to be a good example of physics coming into play....

# 327 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/09/14 10:30 PM
Quote:
If what you detailed was what actually occurred, it would be amazing honestly...but the LeBron/Ariza interaction you detailed looked to be just two animations playing out...

The Terrance Jones reaction was indeed nice though and looked to be a good example of physics coming into play....
Oh ok idk if it was as detailed as he said but there was some form of contact to make that animation. Looked as if Lebron drew a foul

# 328 chadeo23 @ 09/09/14 10:37 PM
Quote:

I dunno...maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but the Lebron/Ariza interaction is too smooth and too fluid for it to just be two animations playing out. Watch Lebron's right arm on his landing. I swear you can see the real-time physical adjustments happening. The Jones one is more obvious though. If it is simply two animations playing out, then they just got lucky on this specific clip/angle in that it gives the illusion of real-time physics

# 329 GisherJohn24 @ 09/10/14 02:25 PM
No roster sharing is a big downer for me. Wanted to make my 96 Pacers

# 330 GisherJohn24 @ 09/10/14 02:27 PM
Has ea said why it's delayed?

# 331 GisherJohn24 @ 09/10/14 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Who're the announcers this year?
I want Marv Albert back

# 332 sega2k @ 09/10/14 02:49 PM
Can someone tell me why the players who are off-ball are rocking back and forth? Smh...

# 333 El_Poopador @ 09/10/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Can someone tell me why the players who are off-ball are rocking back and forth? Smh...
According to the blog:

Quote:
As you may have already heard, we’re taking three extra weeks to polish some last elements of gameplay, as well as fine-tune and balance the game.

# 334 GisherJohn24 @ 09/10/14 03:38 PM
Quote:
They did that in 14. They must think that looked better than not moving at all.

# 335 sega2k @ 09/10/14 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
They did that in 14. They must think that looked better than not moving at all.

# 336 sega2k @ 09/10/14 11:40 PM
They did fix some of the stiffness in Live 14 after the patches..Maybe they can fix it before the game launches..But I'm not going to believe it until I see it...

# 337 GisherJohn24 @ 09/11/14 03:19 PM
Quote:
They did fix some of the stiffness in Live 14 after the patches..Maybe they can fix it before the game launches..But I'm not going to believe it until I see it...

Oct 28th is a long way off, YOud be surprised what a big crew can accomplish in that short time. Soem of my favorite sports games were rushed out the door...

# 338 RIZDRAVER @ 09/12/14 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
How can a game look that good up close and then like a computer game from 1999 at the broadcast camera? Nothing looks smooth to me. I was really getting excited about this game too, but it looks like another pass from me.
Because every clip in the trailer was no longer than 2 sec long. And even at that, the longer 2 sec clips were starting to show the typical Live frenetic animations and unnatural movements. It's tough to hide stuff in long gameplay clips. IMO that's why even these videos were only 15 sec long. With Live's track record, it's all a bit suspect to me.

# 339 I Djm @ 09/12/14 01:10 PM
They fix some of the colors too many players look ashy

# 340 El_Poopador @ 09/12/14 01:30 PM
Just watched these again. In the first clip, I liked that Terrence Jones stayed in the paint to help after LeBron beat the defender, instead of just blindly following Love to to the outside. But then Dwight decided to leave and go cover Love instead of defending the basket against the charging LeBron. Didn't like that. Dwight should be defending the rim 95% of the time, especially when the ball is coming right at him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.