Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

According to the official NBA Live 15 website, the game has been delayed. The original release date of October 7th has been updated with an October 28 release date.

We have reached out to EA for comment. We should hear something official soon and we will update the post.

Thanks for the heads up @omole21!!

EA Sports has posted another Open Letter, explaining the delay with a few gameplay videos and new gameplay blog.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 snocone @ 09/08/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
what happened with nhl 15?
Its a gutted mess and even the prized new authentic arenas and cloth physics have lots of problems. Check out some of the threads in that part of the forum, its certainly quite a thing

# 42 nick_sr @ 09/08/14 05:14 PM
NBALIVE_Fernando
Associate Producer for NBA Live

NBALIVE_Fernando's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Feedback
Quote:

Really want to know if some of these things will be patched in or if its only for live 16?

Hope the guy's making decisions over there see how many want to play this game if there's a good dynasty mode!

Some of the stuff mentioned has been added for '15. (Official information will be released some point down the road)

But, the rest is for '16. As '15 wraps up we start planning for '16. And I'm looking to see what's important, lacking, or desired in sports games going forward.

The response has been fantastic and I've been cataloging everything you guys have said. Keep it up!
You, brent3419, Rockie_Fresh88 and 1 others like this.

# 43 youvalss @ 09/08/14 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
I wonder if this becuse they shared some of the franchise code with NHL. A late October release more or less lineups up with when EA is going to patch the draft into NHL. Maybe they were planning to share a bunch of code, and realized they couldn't ship Live without those feature at launch?
Every time their basketball title has anything to do with their hockey title, something bad happens...

# 44 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/14 05:16 PM

# 45 stillfeelme @ 09/08/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
NBALIVE_Fernando
Associate Producer for NBA Live

NBALIVE_Fernando's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Feedback
Quote:

Really want to know if some of these things will be patched in or if its only for live 16?

Hope the guy's making decisions over there see how many want to play this game if there's a good dynasty mode!

Some of the stuff mentioned has been added for '15. (Official information will be released some point down the road)

But, the rest is for '16. As '15 wraps up we start planning for '16. And I'm looking to see what's important, lacking, or desired in sports games going forward.

The response has been fantastic and I've been cataloging everything you guys have said. Keep it up!
You, brent3419, Rockie_Fresh88 and 1 others like this.
Yeah basically what I said. So I took it as they were not done with Live 15. Very odd to be bringing this in at the last minute. It is like they got approval at the last moment to spend money on dynasty mode.

*Edit I have no clue could be taken either way. I have no way of knowing what EA is doing lol

# 46 BiggD @ 09/08/14 05:19 PM
Bet you that decision wasn't one made over the weekend, makes sense why they announced an update to live14 is in the works.

# 47 sega2k @ 09/08/14 05:19 PM
Just when I had hope for this franchise..I defended it to my friends only to be let down again..They can't stick to a release schedule for info, trailers, or even gameplay. Now they push the game back. Expect to wait for the demo an extra month now.

Someone said that you shouldn't want someone to be fired..If one of us had the track record of Live over the past 5 years we would have been fired..This is UNACCEPTABLE!!! Stop making excuses for Live..If they really cared about us they wouldn't continually let us down..

Sean O'Brien you have some serious explaining to do..I don't want no more open letters..

# 48 mrcultureshock @ 09/08/14 05:22 PM
This is looking like a repeat of 11. It's not looking good for NBA Live.

# 49 CaptainCharisma @ 09/08/14 05:25 PM
release date still says october 7 when you go to preorder page
http://www.easports.com/nba-live/buy/US/nba15

# 50 CujoMatty @ 09/08/14 05:25 PM
as soon as I read the title that whitesnake song here we go again went through my head.

# 51 KennyJ1976 @ 09/08/14 05:28 PM
It's a good thing EA Sports have FIFA and Madden to lean on because NHL 15 and NBA Live would have been the death of any other development company. I guess we're not getting an early demo then if we get a demo at all.

# 52 youvalss @ 09/08/14 05:28 PM
I hope they soon come around and talk about on whatever media channels they make announcements. It's better to make it official and talk about it than leave it up in the air for a while.

# 53 bateman11 @ 09/08/14 05:30 PM
Damn..... Just when I actually found a little faith to put back into this franchise. Pretty disappointing.

It may work out for the better though, who knows. Only good thing I see out of this is I know where I'll be putting my $60 on Oct 7th..

# 54 Goffs @ 09/08/14 05:38 PM
It's still coming out in October....just a couple of more weeks won't hurt....

# 55 KushMayhem @ 09/08/14 05:41 PM
What gets me is they didnt post the delay on any social media sites they just switched the dates on their website without saying anything about it and with their track record they will probably go silent until the announce the game is canceled all together...I had high hopes for live this year but its looking like Live 13 all over again

# 56 Jet Sufferer @ 09/08/14 05:43 PM
Perhaps they saw the fallout from NHL 15 and decided to finish the game instead of patching in the contents later.

# 57 sega2k @ 09/08/14 05:45 PM
It's funny how history repeats itself...

# 58 oasis90 @ 09/08/14 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma
release date still says october 7 when you go to preorder page
http://www.easports.com/nba-live/buy/US/nba15
+1

Don't know what to think

# 59 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
It's still coming out in October....just a couple of more weeks won't hurt....
That's not what worries. Me if the initial date said Oct 28 when the season starts I would be ok .

It's the fact that they said they were ready for Oct 7. The fact that EA releases the new date so subtle instead of on social media without any reason is what gets me .

# 60 Maxbeatzz @ 09/08/14 05:58 PM
They want to scan all the players b4 next season starts and scan all shoes and accessories!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.