Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

According to the official NBA Live 15 website, the game has been delayed. The original release date of October 7th has been updated with an October 28 release date.

We have reached out to EA for comment. We should hear something official soon and we will update the post.

Thanks for the heads up @omole21!!

EA Sports has posted another Open Letter, explaining the delay with a few gameplay videos and new gameplay blog.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 sega2k @ 09/08/14 07:57 PM
Once again Sean O'Brien release ANOTHER open letter apologizing..More polish to the game in 3 weeks?? The graphics don't look like the screenshots they dropped..EA when will you learn?

# 162 pies @ 09/08/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
So EA decides to help save face by releasing gameplay videos...

Pros:

1. Footplanting
2. Defense fronting the post
3. Boxing out
4. Change of speed
5. Dribbling seems smoother

Cons:

1.Offensive players standing around (Hasn't been fixed)
2. Hard to guard on-ball
3. Still stiff animations
4. Animations from 14 still present
5. No help defense

how can you tell it's hard to guard on-ball from a video?

# 163 CBfromCU32 @ 09/08/14 08:02 PM
Forget 3 weeks!.. From this gameplay I just watched they need 3 more years..

The harden play looked ok but the rest was pretty bad imo. They need a new engine! Not a extra 3 weeks. On next gen systems I refuse to lower my expectations sorry live.

#TheirTimeStillHasNotCome lol

# 164 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 09/08/14 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Once again Sean O'Brien release ANOTHER open letter apologizing..More polish to the game in 3 weeks?? The graphics don't look like the screenshots they dropped..EA when will you learn?

Actually it looks the exact same as the screenshots, probably because they were taken straight from the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 165 Rasco11 @ 09/08/14 08:04 PM
Dear Chest Pass,

How have you been? Haven't seen you in awhile. Should I be worried? Miss you!

Sincerely,

Fundamentals

# 166 rbfn04 @ 09/08/14 08:05 PM
Can't put my finger on it, but that Harden drive looks weird to me.

# 167 NxckBrxdlvy @ 09/08/14 08:07 PM
NO SLIDERS IN NBA LIVE THIS YEAR....

# 168 exposedaking @ 09/08/14 08:10 PM
The LeBron dunk was pretty smooth

# 169 SageInfinite @ 09/08/14 08:13 PM
Not as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely animates better than I thought it would. Graphics look pretty good. I liked the bench reaction on the Bron dunk, but something was off with the dunk. I don't think I like how stiff the hand looks coming off the rim, wasn't bad, just awkward looking. Still something stiff about the game, not as bad as 14(just an awful game imo), but still could stand some improvement. Liked pretty much everything about the Harden play. Didn't notice anything off the bat that was wack. Lebron pull up play was ok too.

Something about most of EA's sports games since last gen, they just look stiff to me. Fifa(NHL is decent too) is the only one where I'm pretty amazed by the movement at times, everything else is just stiff, goofy and awkward mostly.

I wouldn't mind playing NBA Live this year, not enough for a release day purchase yet, but if I got it as a gift, I definitely wouldn't mind trying it out.

# 170 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/08/14 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No sliders
Said they don't have the tech for it this year
Wait what? No sliders? They don't have the tech for sliders? Wow! They do know it's almost 2015 right? You gotta be kidding me lol. I can't even begin to take this game serious smh. It's just getting sad at this point. I almost feel embarrassed for them.

# 171 Cabish @ 09/08/14 08:14 PM
Looks better than live 14 to me

# 172 Hassan Darkside @ 09/08/14 08:19 PM
Looks much better than any other Live offering in recent memory but the animations still live a bit to be desired.

Pathetic news though. There's really no excuse for this same song and dance again. For every step forward EA is taking, they're taking 2 steps backward.

And when I saw the thread title, I was thinking we'd at least get a quarter or half of gameplay as a consolation. Instead we get 50 seconds of video.

# 173 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treexii
Most of y'all kill me. Y'all never breakdown 2K like this..

Stopped here.

New to the boards?

# 174 ram4x4marc @ 09/08/14 08:23 PM
I'm stunned by all the comments in an hour. I literally figured nobody cared about this game but apparently a lot of people are begging for competition against 2k. So are people really sick of 2k? I am but that doesn't mean much.

# 175 CBfromCU32 @ 09/08/14 08:25 PM
& Im not the guy to bash and throw shade on the game but I get so frustrated when I watch bad gameplay, read the threads, and still see "looks good".. Like wtf? That didn't look good at all to me..

But that's just my opinion so it doesn't really matter. One thing Live did do tho was push 2k to make the best game possible. Always good to have competition

# 176 Bowinkle08 @ 09/08/14 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram4x4marc
I'm stunned by all the comments in an hour. I literally figured nobody cared about this game but apparently a lot of people are begging for competition against 2k. So are people really sick of 2k? I am but that doesn't mean much.
we care. not sick of 2k just want some competition. 2k has areas it can improve on.

# 177 TCFClemson @ 09/08/14 08:36 PM
Quote:

I cared I am buying my first basketball game in a long time this year. I liked how the previous trailer looked but these videos were pretty underwhelming. I will still hold off on buying any game until after Live comes out but right now I am def leaning in the other direction.

# 178 Inzombniac @ 09/08/14 08:38 PM
I love 2K, a lot more than some people seem to since I play it nearly daily. That being said, I would love another basketball game to change up the spectrum. I'm sure 2K themselves would like it too because it would challenge them and you know they'd rise to the occasion.

Here's the thing about the release date. You as an individual Live fan can say "It's okay, they're refining the game." I'm sure it is okay to you and it may win some people over playing the game eventually. The problem is that a forum of three or four dedicated fans isn't going to make this game money. Breaking promises after already putting out a not good game last year is only going to make people hesitant to ever give the game another chance. You can only be burned so many times before you just get tired of it and move on. I feel bad saying this because the team involved HAS been active on these forums. I'm sure they work hard but it sounds like an organized mess on the Live side of things and that leads to broken promises.

# 179 SageInfinite @ 09/08/14 08:39 PM
Quote:
Why can't people just be interested in an alternative? You don't have to be sick of a game or series to be interested in what else is out there.

I hate what the lack of sports games has done to gamers. Games can't coexist, we gotta pick and choose sides. That **** is wack.

# 180 ianlast @ 09/08/14 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxckBrxdlvy
NO SLIDERS IN NBA LIVE THIS YEAR....
If this is true, then I'm not buying.

There's absolutely zero excuse for a sports game not to ship with sliders.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.