Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Earlier this evening, EA Sports held a Twitter Chat with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien. A few items were confirmed such a create-a-player, new camera angles, and better presentation elements. Unfortunately, sliders will not be in the game, for the second straight year.

Read the full transcript below to find out some new details on NBA Live 15.

Will there be a create a player?

Sean: Yessir.

Will NBA Live 15 have sliders?

Sean: Not this year Steve.

Will NBA Live 15 have any new legends?

Sean: Plenty! More details to come.

Are there new camera angles this year?

Sean: Yes there are Wynston!

What are you planning to tweak and/or add to the game with additional dev time?

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

Great improvements. Is it possible to up the crowd/announcer reaction to big plays?? expected a bigger reaction on lebrons dunk

Sean: Yes, working on that right now actually!

Since I played Live 14 all year, how much of the improvements in 14 (last update) will be in 15?

Sean: 100%

What made you guys choose Lillard over players like PG and John wall

Sean: He embodies our brand identity! #OnTheRise #HumbleButHungry

Are we going to have a better rising star mode and A deeper dynasty Mode !!!

Sean: Absolutely. More info to come.

Do you guys have more signature jumpers this year?

Sean: Yes, plenty of new signature styles - jumpers, dribbles, celebrations, etc.

WHAT WILL YALL HAVE SHOWING FOR HALFTIME ?

Sean: Full ESPN Broadcast Package.

Can you release Victor Oladipo's screenshot and rating?

Sean: Yessir 82 OVR for @VicOladipo!

Will there be roster updates every week?

Sean: Player tendencies updated after every single game through Synergy Sports. Rosters will be kept up-to-date all season.

Will there be BIG Moments/Rewind content from last season at launch?

Sean: Absolutely. BIG moments will be even bigger.

Did you guys improve post at all?

Sean: Yea the team has done a great job improving animation fidelity.

Will players put up realistic numbers in both gameplay and simulation?

Sean: In simulation, absolutely. Gameplay depends on many factors including how you choose to play with him!

are we going to see players fighting for position this year for post and rebounds advantage?

Sean: Yes, some really cool new interactions down there.

I'm wondering if the player IQ will be high? Tired of players doing weird stuff unnecessarily

Sean: Agreed, and that's part of what we're still working on - player AI.

are you guys doing any graphical tweaks before release

Sean: What you saw in the Visuals Trailer is close-to-final graphics. Still polishing animations.

I'm very curious of what Durant looks like in the game. Wish we could get a screen of him.

Sean: Wish I could show you too... He looks incredible.

Is his body type tall and thin just like in real life?

Sean: He's spot on. Best Durant out there.

what's your favorite new part of gameplay

Sean: I'd have to say control and responsiveness, especially when dribbling, as well as the physicality you feel when attacking the rim.

will defense be better this year can you intercept n steal passes this year

Sean: Yes and yes.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 KyotoCarl @ 09/09/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I really don't get why sliders are needed anyways. If the game really takes into consideration all the things it should we shouldn't need them. If I have to tweak things like scoring in the paint there's a fundamental issue with the game.

Just glad there adding something to the rising star mode.
Everyone plays the game differently. To achieve some results you need to ability to adjust how the game plays. Not having sliders is unacceptable to me, especially since they got heat for not having them last year.

# 102 El_Poopador @ 09/09/14 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
Gotta side with throne on this one! I get why you want sliders, LOL I bet NBA players wants sliders in real life but the game is the game. Players have no say in how it's officiated. All you can do is play within the rules and parameters of the game and adjust to what the refs are calling.
I understand that sliders empower users but when buying a NBA basketball game. It should play like the NBA without ever having to adjust anything.

Quite frankly sliders are just an excuse for developers to pass off work to consumers under the guise of more control. Don't charge me $60.00 to do your work for you. I just want a game that plays like the NBA that's what I want. Bad called and all of it!

I under stand more options are better but I want a NBA experience out of the box!
Live15I'mIn!
You're missing the point. Most people do want an NBA experience out of the box. No one wants to have to adjust sliders. But sometimes, it's necessary. Let's say that I have a slightly lower reaction time than you do. Should I not be able to have fun with the game because of that? Or should I be able to slightly adjust the CPU's awareness to match my own?

Even assuming they get it incredibly sim out of the box, if the developers do happen to get something wrong, why is it a bad thing to have the ability to fix it, without having to wait for an official patch, or even worse, next year's game?

Everyone has a different opinion of how the game should play. Sliders make it so each person can tailor the game to their liking. If you find a way to do that without needing to make a single change to any settings within the game, then you have done what no video game developer has been able to do in the history of video games, and should share that knowledge with the world.

# 103 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Everyone plays the game differently. To achieve some results you need to ability to adjust how the game plays. Not having sliders is unacceptable to me, especially since they got heat for not having them last year.

Again I am all for customization if it didn't feel like it comes at the expense of the best possible simulation game I could get. IMO it feels like a choice between SIM and sliders.

If I buy Madden I shouldn't have to adjust slider to prevent the CPU QB from completing 90% of his passes it just not realistic and shouldn't be that way out of the box. That IMO is an obvious game flaw that shouldn't be there if the goal is to be a simulation of NFL football. Same with basketball. Again if every year a develop team can have the core game play represent SIM basketball and can add slider for those that prefer things different cool. However adjusting sliders should not be the first thing I have to do right after I put the disc into/download the game just to get a decent SIM experience. For me the reason I'm not getting the most SIM experience possible every year and out of the box is that developers see sliders as a short cut packaged as giving players customization.

# 104 KyotoCarl @ 09/09/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Again I am all for customization if it didn't feel like it comes at the expense of the best possible simulation game I could get. IMO it feels like a choice between SIM and sliders.

If I buy Madden I shouldn't have to adjust slider to prevent the CPU QB from completing 90% of his passes it just not realistic and shouldn't be that way out of the box. That IMO is an obvious game flaw that shouldn't be there if the goal is to be a simulation of NFL football. Same with basketball. Again if every year a develop team can have the core game play represent SIM basketball and can add slider for those that prefer things different cool. However adjusting sliders should not be the first thing I have to do right after I put the disc into/download the game just to get a decent SIM experience. For me the reason I'm not getting the most SIM experience possible every year and out of the box is that developers see sliders as a short cut packaged as giving players customization.
Slides would never take away from a perfect out of the box experience.
I too wish I didn't have to adjust sliders but you should be able to if you wanted to.

# 105 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Slides would never take away from a perfect out of the box experience.
I too wish I didn't have to adjust sliders but you should be able to if you wanted to.

I think this is the fundamental difference on my stance from others. I see sliders as a crutch that developers use to give me an incomplete game, and they get away with it under the disguise of customization. There's no reason to have such statistical anomalies out the box on a game that focuses on being a SIM and that's well tuned.

# 106 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/14 03:09 PM
This "You cant adjust sliders in the NBA" logic is...ugh.

Let's remove the ability to pause the game in real time while we're at it too, since you can't do that in the NBA either.

# 107 El_Poopador @ 09/09/14 03:11 PM
Quote:
I think this is the fundamental difference on my stance from others. I see sliders as a crutch that developers use to give me an incomplete game, and they get away with it under the disguise of customization. There's no reason to have such statistical anomalies out the box on a game that focuses on being a SIM and that's well tuned.
What about unexpected changes in the real life league? Let's say we see a dramatic decrease in the number of fouls called per game once the season starts, for whatever reason. But the game has already shipped in its "NBA experience" settings, which were based on last year's fouls. Sliders can help to lower the number of fouls to be more in line with what we see in the real game, in spite of the developers getting it right initially, based on the previous year.

Obviously that's an extreme example, but I'm just trying to prove the point. Customization options is not meant to be a crutch for the devs, but rather to enhance the experience for the user.

# 108 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/09/14 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Trying to fix graphics and gameplay which are the past fails of the series. Its all about sales and sliders aren't what the masses care about when they watch streams and YouTube videos
I thought sliders can help gameplay LMFAO or am I missing something

# 109 bigeastbumrush @ 09/09/14 03:31 PM
Quote:

This isn't some stupid Mascots Game Mode we're talking about. This is something to cater the game to each user if they deem it necessary.

This dev crew/management team hasn't gotten the game right in the past 5 years so skip all the "sim" talk.

If MLB The Show is the benchmark for sports gaming and they have sliders...guess what? The certified worst next gen game released last year should have sliders.

End of story.

If they're going to mask not having sliders by saying how much data they pump into the game from Synergy...well Synergy has zero effect on the flow of a game. Synergy has zero effect on whether the game moves at light speed or crawls like molasses. Synergy has zero effect on teams crashing boards, how frequently a guy gets injured, who gets tired, if there's too many or not enough fouls, etc, etc, etc.

You don't care about sliders...fine. Go ahead and buy the game or plug in your Atari.

But sit this one out man. We get your point already.

# 110 WTF @ 09/09/14 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This "You cant adjust sliders in the NBA" logic is...ugh.

Let's remove the ability to pause the game in real time while we're at it too, since you can't do that in the NBA either.
Good idea. I'll pass this along to the dev team.

# 111 Goffs @ 09/09/14 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Oh man...if this were to actually happen I'm betting some people here will "applaud EA's decision"...this place has gone loopy

# 112 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
This isn't some stupid Mascots Game Mode we're talking about. This is something to cater the game to each user if they deem it necessary.

This dev crew/management team hasn't gotten the game right in the past 5 years so skip all the "sim" talk.

If MLB The Show is the benchmark for sports gaming and they have sliders...guess what? The certified worst next gen game released last year should have sliders.

End of story.

If they're going to mask not having sliders by saying how much data they pump into the game from Synergy...well Synergy has zero effect on the flow of a game. Synergy has zero effect on whether the game moves at light speed or crawls like molasses. Synergy has zero effect on teams crashing boards, how frequently a guy gets injured, who gets tired, if there's too many or not enough fouls, etc, etc, etc.

You don't care about sliders...fine. Go ahead and buy the game or plug in your Atari.

But sit this one out man. We get your point already.

Saying you get my point isn't a solid reason for me to stop addressing people who are quoting my comments. It's the same as me saying I get why people want sliders therefore stop complaining why they aren't in.

As far as the show I don't like baseball and don't play the game. My point has never been that you can't have a great SIM with sliders. It's that when it comes to the two sports videogames I do play I haven't experienced one where I thought the games were as polished and gear towards being as SIM as possible and I believe that sliders are the reason why it's that way.

Again I'm not saying Live 14 knocked it out the park with synergy. I'm not saying they'll knock it out of the park this year. What I am saying is in theory synergy over sliders makes much more sense as it relates to making a SIM product. Of course if they fail miserably with implementing synergy and the game is poorly tuned I rather have sliders to correct with is broken to the best of my(or maybe someone else) abilities. This is the gamble Live 15 is taking. If they succeed it's a better representation of SIM IMO, if the fail they'll have to deal with the obvious backlash and it will come from me as much as anybody here. This has been my premise all along. Sliders for a SIM player means the developers has failed at producing a SIM experience.

# 113 SageInfinite @ 09/09/14 04:18 PM
It sounds moreso like you have a problem with dev teams approach or mentality than the inclusion of sliders. I agree that sliders shouldn't let devs off the hook, but now that they've made there way into our games, they shouldn't be gone.

It's like a game not having a franchise or online mode. Once they've been in multiple games it becomes a standard. To have a release without one certainly deserves backlash. Especially with this dev since they haven't gotten much right in the past few years.

# 114 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It sounds moreso like you have a problem with dev teams approach or mentality than the inclusion of sliders. I agree that sliders shouldn't let devs off the hook, but now that they've made there way into our games, they shouldn't be gone.

It's like a game not having a franchise or online mode. Once they've been in multiple games it becomes a standard. To have a release without one certainly deserves backlash. Especially with this dev since they haven't gotten much right in the past few years.

Exactly. Sliders should be for people that want to get a different experience not the best way a gamer can get a SIM experience that should be the developers job. The evidence suggest that sliders have become the latter.

As a gamer that prefers the most SIM experience as possible it doesn't bother me that this years title doesn't have any sliders. Only if EA can indeed deliver on all the promise of proper physics based on player attributes and synergy that ensure that said players play the way there real life counterparts plays. Again this is pretty ambitious for a company that has yet to come through. This is the gamble they are taking.

This franchise is trying to separate itself from it competition. I don't know if that means they are getting away from sliders or that sliders are just indeed at the bottom of their priority list. EA built the game up from scratch fairly recently, have shifted directions and are now playing catch-up. If this change can bring something fresh to the bball gaming genre while delivering on a great SIM on court product I have no problem supporting it.

# 115 KyotoCarl @ 09/09/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
This is just a difference of opinion.
For me, I think most people don't use sliders, they just play the game as it is.
When the devs decide how the game should play they base it on how a small sample of people play it, but when you have millions of people paying the gsme every day you are going to get different outcomes from what the devs anticipated.

That's why I think sliders should be in the game, so you can adjust the game to play the way you want too.

# 116 StankonYa @ 09/09/14 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Just said it in the other thread, but zero chance I purchase this game now with no sliders.

Can't force people to play the game a certain way. This isn't 1988 on the Nintendo.
I'm still going to try this game out, but yeah..no sliders is kind of a deal breaker.

It would most likely be a deal breaker for 2k15 also.

# 117 StankonYa @ 09/09/14 07:11 PM
Quote:
Exactly. Sliders should be for people that want to get a different experience not the best way a gamer can get a SIM experience that should be the developers job. The evidence suggest that sliders have become the latter.

As a gamer that prefers the most SIM experience as possible it doesn't bother me that this years title doesn't have any sliders. Only if EA can indeed deliver on all the promise of proper physics based on player attributes and synergy that ensure that said players play the way there real life counterparts plays. Again this is pretty ambitious for a company that has yet to come through. This is the gamble they are taking.

This franchise is trying to separate itself from it competition. I don't know if that means they are getting away from sliders and that sliders are just indeed at the bottom of their priority list. EA built the game up from scratch fairly recently, have shifted directions and are now playing catch-up. If this change can bring something fresh to the bball gaming genre while delivering on a great SIM on court product I have no problem supporting it.
I agree, I just wish they had sliders.It may even be something they can patch in later down the road.

# 118 youvalss @ 09/09/14 08:54 PM
Not that it would fix the game to every person's likings and/or make it "sim" to one's taste, but I hope the game at least includes several different settings - not only level of difficulty.

# 119 renewill27 @ 09/09/14 10:26 PM
You can't edit rosters which sucks.

# 120 Teddy_Long @ 09/09/14 10:29 PM
we can't edit rosters, no sliders, what is ea trying to pull? i've been reading the same mess on the nhl section.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.