Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Earlier this evening, EA Sports held a Twitter Chat with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien. A few items were confirmed such a create-a-player, new camera angles, and better presentation elements. Unfortunately, sliders will not be in the game, for the second straight year.

Read the full transcript below to find out some new details on NBA Live 15.

Will there be a create a player?

Sean: Yessir.

Will NBA Live 15 have sliders?

Sean: Not this year Steve.

Will NBA Live 15 have any new legends?

Sean: Plenty! More details to come.

Are there new camera angles this year?

Sean: Yes there are Wynston!

What are you planning to tweak and/or add to the game with additional dev time?

Sean: We'll be fine-tuning aspects of control and responsiveness, animation quality, player AI, presentation, and game balance.

Great improvements. Is it possible to up the crowd/announcer reaction to big plays?? expected a bigger reaction on lebrons dunk

Sean: Yes, working on that right now actually!

Since I played Live 14 all year, how much of the improvements in 14 (last update) will be in 15?

Sean: 100%

What made you guys choose Lillard over players like PG and John wall

Sean: He embodies our brand identity! #OnTheRise #HumbleButHungry

Are we going to have a better rising star mode and A deeper dynasty Mode !!!

Sean: Absolutely. More info to come.

Do you guys have more signature jumpers this year?

Sean: Yes, plenty of new signature styles - jumpers, dribbles, celebrations, etc.

WHAT WILL YALL HAVE SHOWING FOR HALFTIME ?

Sean: Full ESPN Broadcast Package.

Can you release Victor Oladipo's screenshot and rating?

Sean: Yessir 82 OVR for @VicOladipo!

Will there be roster updates every week?

Sean: Player tendencies updated after every single game through Synergy Sports. Rosters will be kept up-to-date all season.

Will there be BIG Moments/Rewind content from last season at launch?

Sean: Absolutely. BIG moments will be even bigger.

Did you guys improve post at all?

Sean: Yea the team has done a great job improving animation fidelity.

Will players put up realistic numbers in both gameplay and simulation?

Sean: In simulation, absolutely. Gameplay depends on many factors including how you choose to play with him!

are we going to see players fighting for position this year for post and rebounds advantage?

Sean: Yes, some really cool new interactions down there.

I'm wondering if the player IQ will be high? Tired of players doing weird stuff unnecessarily

Sean: Agreed, and that's part of what we're still working on - player AI.

are you guys doing any graphical tweaks before release

Sean: What you saw in the Visuals Trailer is close-to-final graphics. Still polishing animations.

I'm very curious of what Durant looks like in the game. Wish we could get a screen of him.

Sean: Wish I could show you too... He looks incredible.

Is his body type tall and thin just like in real life?

Sean: He's spot on. Best Durant out there.

what's your favorite new part of gameplay

Sean: I'd have to say control and responsiveness, especially when dribbling, as well as the physicality you feel when attacking the rim.

will defense be better this year can you intercept n steal passes this year

Sean: Yes and yes.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Ermolli @ 09/09/14 10:35 PM
To the ones who asked if EA has said before about the lack of sliders well yes they did in the NLSC's podcast with Sean O'Brien during mid August.

NBA Live 15: Podcast Interview with Sean O' Brien

Even Haval93 mentioned in a post there just in case someone missed it.

# 122 bigsmallwood @ 09/09/14 11:07 PM
NO Sliders or the ability to edit a roster? SIGH This seems an awful like how they started last gen (PS3/360)......I cannot properly respect EA Sports for moves like this. There is no logical reason for SLiders or Roster editing not to be in the game....CURRENT GEN PS4/Xbox One Makes ZERO sense

# 123 da ThRONe @ 09/09/14 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
we can't edit rosters, no sliders, what is ea trying to pull? i've been reading the same mess on the nhl section.
They had a list of priorities and apparently those things were at the bottom of the list. It's known that the Live series is behind and many aspect that gamers are use to having standard just didn't make the cut.

# 124 Playmakers @ 09/10/14 05:20 AM
Hey EA please take notes

LIST OF GAMEPLAY OPTIONS WE USED TO HAVE CONTROL OVER WHEN THE GAMEPLAY LACKED REALISM OUT OF THE BOX ON LAST GEN CONSOLES WITH SYNERGY:

User Steal Ability:
User Interception Ability:
User Shot Block Ability:
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability:
User Offensive Rebounding:
User Defensive Rebounding:
User Fakeout Discipline:
User Short Range Shooting:
User Medium Range Shooting:
User Long Range Shooting:
User Dunk Percentage:
User Lay-up Percentage:
User Drop Step Effectiveness:
User Sink Or Swim Effectiveness:
User Defensive Post Strength:
User Shot Alter Ability:
User Fight Through Screen Ability:
User Hands in Post:
User Hands on Perimeter:

CPU Steal Ability:
CPU Interception Ability:
CPU Shot Block Ability:
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability:
CPU Dunk vs Layup Frequency:
CPU On Ball Physical Defense:
CPU Offensive Rebounding:
CPU Defensive Rebounding:
CPU Fakeout Discipline:
CPU Short Range Shooting:
CPU Medium Range Shooting:
CPU Long Range Shooting:
CPU Dunk Percentage:
CPU Lay-up Percentage:
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness:
CPU Help Side Defensive Efffectiveness:
CPU Sink Or Swim Effectiveness:
CPU Close Out Effectiveness:
CPU Defensive Post Strength:
CPU Shot Alter Ability:
CPU Fight Through Screen Ability:
CPU Pass Accuarcy:
CPU Hands in Post:
CPU Hands On Perimeter:

LIST OF GAMEPLAY OPTIONS WE'LL HAVE CONTROL OVER WHEN THE GAME LACKS REALISM OUT OF THE BOX ON NEXT GEN CONSOLES WITH SYNERGY:

Difficulty Level
Game speed
QTR Length

Now of course if the AI is what you have hyped it up to be for the last 3 years then all this stuff (Sliders) becomes a moot point......

But if for some reason the AI/Synergy Engine doesn't render the desired results then this decision to not include USER CUSTOMIZED SLIDERS for a 2nd straight year could get ugly on these boards real quick.....

And if I was a betting man most of the traffic on these boards will come to a SNAIL CRAWL 1-2 months after the release of this game.

Then just like clockwork you'll have someone come on here start up thread asking questions from the community as to what we'd like to see in the game NEXT YEAR all over again and there will be hundreds of posters requesting once again SLIDERS.

# 125 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/14 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
To the ones who asked if EA has said before about the lack of sliders well yes they did in the NLSC's podcast with Sean O'Brien during mid August.

NBA Live 15: Podcast Interview with Sean O' Brien

Even Haval93 mentioned in a post there just in case someone missed it.

Thanks for posting this...didn't catch it

Honestly, the could've told us this in December 2013 and I would still be complaining about it, lol

It is what it is at this point though...guess well see if it can be implemented next year

# 126 GisherJohn24 @ 09/10/14 09:21 AM
It comes down to resources needed to have roster edits and sliders. I can live without them for now if they want to focus on the gameplay. It comes down to the gameplay. Let's face it, sliders and roster edits dont' mean a thing if the gameplay is bad. I'd rather them focus on that first. Give us the sliders later.

# 127 Playmakers @ 09/10/14 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
It comes down to resources needed to have roster edits and sliders. I can live without them for now if they want to focus on the gameplay. It comes down to the gameplay. Let's face it, sliders and roster edits dont' mean a thing if the gameplay is bad. I'd rather them focus on that first. Give us the sliders later.
Your post make a lot of sense but the biggest problem I have is what other sports game out there has told their fans we'll work on including sliders later?

I don't see how that impacts their ability to work on gameplay just by adding sliders....

We aren't asking them deliver us sliders out of the box that represents a SIM playing experience we are just asking them to add sliders in case we need to tweak certain aspects of gameplay that their synergy engine doesn't deliver properly out of the box to us....

Well anyway there's nothing we can do about it so I'm going to let this situation go and move on from Live again this year...

# 128 MarkcusD @ 09/10/14 04:28 PM
No sliders is crazy. May not buy a bball game this year.

# 129 GisherJohn24 @ 09/10/14 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Your post make a lot of sense but the biggest problem I have is what other sports game out there has told their fans we'll work on including sliders later?

I don't see how that impacts their ability to work on gameplay just by adding sliders....

We aren't asking them deliver us sliders out of the box that represents a SIM playing experience we are just asking them to add sliders in case we need to tweak certain aspects of gameplay that their synergy engine doesn't deliver properly out of the box to us....

Well anyway there's nothing we can do about it so I'm going to let this situation go and move on from Live again this year...
There's other reasons they have been omitted but we may never know

# 130 El_Poopador @ 09/10/14 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

I don't think sliders are as easy to program in as one might think. It's not a one-day task.

# 131 youvalss @ 09/10/14 08:13 PM
I guess the reason there is no basketball title by Sony anymore, is because EA bought the rights for the no-sliders/no-edits formula.

# 132 TarHeelPhenom @ 09/10/14 08:32 PM
No sliders?? ROFL! Their track record since 2010 has been terrible...and to repay the consumers...they take sliders out??? if you still buy this game you must be a family member of the developers.

# 133 GisherJohn24 @ 09/11/14 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
No sliders?? ROFL! Their track record since 2010 has been terrible...and to repay the consumers...they take sliders out??? if you still buy this game you must be a family member of the developers.
usually if the gameplay is good enough, I personally never alter my sliders for sports games. But yes, I agree they should be there. This series is still a work in progress...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.