Home
FIFA 15 News Post

The FIFA 15 demo is now available on Xbox One (queue it up here) and weighs in at 3.07GB total. The playable teams in this year's demo include:
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Napoli
  • PSG (Paris Saint Germain)
  • FC Barcelona
  • Boca Juniors
  • Chelsea
  • Manchester City
  • Liverpool
If a PS4 version of the demo happens, it will most likely be up sometime tomorrow afternoon. Be sure to leave your impressions here on what you play!

UPDATE: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for Xbox 360. Click here to queue it up.

UPDATE #2: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for PC. (Another link here)

UPDATE #3: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for PS3.

UPDATE #4: The FIFA 15 demo is available now for PS4.

UPDATE: The demo launches on September 9/10 for Xbox One (already available for Xbox One in North America), PlayStation 4, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 (Gold Members; Silver Members from September 16). Dates and timing vary depending on platform and location.

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Retropyro @ 09/09/14 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
Ridiculous. A piss-poor week for EA Sports. No PS4 demo when it was supposed to drop (and no, I'm tired of waiting just one more day for things).
Blame Sony for that, not EA.

# 142 Simaofan-20 @ 09/09/14 10:51 PM
I don't know if this has been answered so I apologize before hand. But has anyone played both the console and PC version and notice a difference in the gameplay? To me, it feels like the PC version is a bit slower in response than it is on my XBox One, the game itself feels far more fluid . Has anyone else noticed this or am I going crazy? Passing just feels better on the console version and I just don't know why

# 143 steelerfan @ 09/09/14 11:14 PM
I can't find the PS3 demo anywhere in the PlayStation Store. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Edit: I found it. It was right where I was looking for half an hour. I swear that store is wonky sometimes.

# 144 Turbojugend @ 09/09/14 11:15 PM
Well, with no PS4 demo in sight, I decided to give the PS3 demo a spin. Man have I been spoiled by 8 months of new-gen FIFA, PS3 FIFA looks awful now!

# 145 tv25man @ 09/10/14 12:24 AM
Wow.

If you played 14, then played 15 you would believe you were making the jump from Current to Next Gen. The visuals and atmosphere are wonderful. The game plays differently. Not wildly, but enough to where you notice significant improvements. I'll touch on the things I've noticed.

Positives:

Visuals and Atmosphere

Strategy -- YES! This exists. You will see the CPU make real-time, intelligent tactic changes. Down late, they send everyone up, up late, they park the bus. Beautiful. I've seen these tactics work and backfire, just like they would in the real world. As Liverpool, I'm up 1-0 on Man City, City sends everyone forward, that allows me to make two beautiful long passes and get Sturridge on the break. He coolly slotted the ball past Hart in a 1-on-1 to put a dagger in MCFC.

I was up 2-1 on Napoli, they sent everyone forward and chucked a deep ball into the box, Hiquain was able to chest it down and a Napoli player tucked it home.

Play as Boca Juniors against Barca, I feel like I could be overwhelmed at any point. Play as Chelsea against Barca, and I feel much more confident. It seems the better the club is, the smarter the play is. Positioning and decision making seem stronger.

I'm playing WC, Slow, All Manual and having a blast. There is absolutely no way I can play 14 again. I'd rather just play this demo.

# 146 dwadefan45 @ 09/10/14 12:26 AM
Where's the damn PS4 demo?

# 147 Maxflier @ 09/10/14 02:10 AM
Having played both the Xbox One and 360 demos, I am amazed at how different the two are. The Xbox One version has CPU that commits fouls and can actually be tackled, whereas the 360 is the same old psychic CPU that you can't tackle and still hardly any fouls.

# 148 grushcow @ 09/10/14 02:44 AM
If anyone wants a work around for PS4 you can create a japanese PSN account which I just did (confirmed on twitter) and type in "create PSN account walkthrough" on youtube and it'll be the first one, mine's DL'ing now.

Update: Works for me, love it so far aside from all the Japanese text haha.

# 149 Shadak @ 09/10/14 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Where the heck do you change djfficulty? I see where to do assistance but not level
You have to end the initial match. Then go kick off, during set up go to settings, you can change it there

# 150 Zac @ 09/10/14 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Having played both the Xbox One and 360 demos, I am amazed at how different the two are. The Xbox One version has CPU that commits fouls and can actually be tackled, whereas the 360 is the same old psychic CPU that you can't tackle and still hardly any fouls.
Ya I played the PS3 version today, and then the xb1 version again tonight. Felt like night and day.

# 151 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 09/10/14 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grushcow
If anyone wants a work around for PS4 you can create a japanese PSN account which I just did (confirmed on twitter) and type in "create PSN account walkthrough" on youtube and it'll be the first one, mine's DL'ing now.

Yea this is exactly what i did, but after the liverpool vs man city initial game it gets super laggy when you connect to ea servers. its basically unplayable unless you play it offline. but then after 30 min or so it tells you it cant verify the license and it will be suspended. but regardless the game is amazing, totally worth creating a japanese account until its available

# 152 kerosene31 @ 09/10/14 06:38 AM
I played 3 games. 1st on world class and I got crushed. Gave up 11 shots to 0. Moved down to pro and slow speed, and I still can't defend. Tactical defending has been toned down to the point where it barely works. I try to just hold my back 4 and not chase, but the CPU seems good about moving the ball around and eventually finds a hole. I spend the entire time defending. I guess I have to play around with the strategy settings to see if that helps.

# 153 TreyIM2 @ 09/10/14 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grushcow

Dang-nabbit. I had re-setup my Japanese account on my PS4 a while back but didn't even think about going on it when not seeing the demo in the US store. I have 4 different accounts I created early in my PS3 days and used to go thru each store on days the stores updated with new content, religiously, but I'm not as hardcore of a gamer as I used to be. Oh, well. I'm sure the demo will be in the US store sometime today and I'll check it out when I get home from work.

# 154 GlennonTheGr8 @ 09/10/14 07:43 AM
This makes me laugh... If you enjoy this game then great but don't try and tell me that this is the only thing EA do well. This isn't even remotely representing footie and it hasn't done since 09. The presentation is top notch, graphically beautiful but when it comes to gameplay, it's just horrible. If you're casuals (I'm guessing a lot of you are) then you're forgiven. It's like, I'm British and first got into madden back in 07 and to me and lots of other Brit kids, madden was absolutely awesome... To guys in the US, it was terrible and has been for the past few years. To us, it didn't matter... Who cared if Mark Sanchez was playing like Peyton Manning, who cared if Shonne Greene was evading like Barry Sanders... The more I fell in love with NFL the more I realised maddens flaws and then appreciated what 2k did with APF and 2k5... I'm guessing that if Americans really get into 'soccer' and understand each players tendencies and how teams actually set up then you'll realise how flawed this game is...

# 155 drunkenferret @ 09/10/14 08:06 AM
So...I've played ten games on WC. I've played all my games with Chelsea and so far my record is 4-3-3. I'm liking it a lot. I'm not going to rehash what others have said about fouls, etc. The gameplay feels much better, and so far I'm only seeing a couple places where I think I might want to change sliders up, but I need to see how the final version plays.

As I mentioned in my slider thread, the cpu is averaging over 90% passing against me, and this is not realistic at all. I'm averaging 84%. Their passing is too good, as it doesn't matter if I play Boca or Barca. This could also be a marking issue, but as I said the final version could be much different.

All that being said, and while not perfect, it does seem that certain players play more like their real world selves. Eden Hazard in one on ones is outstanding in his movement, and I've drawn numerous fouls for free kicks with him. Big players play like big players now, as do little players.

# 156 GlennonTheGr8 @ 09/10/14 08:16 AM
I mean, player intelligence and 'all new next gen goalkeepers' ah right....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_vMXNXUuVw

# 157 Ermolli @ 09/10/14 08:21 AM
Demo now up for PS4 in the European store store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=fifa%2015

# 158 Yeats @ 09/10/14 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennonTheGr8
This makes me laugh... If you enjoy this game then great but don't try and tell me that this is the only thing EA do well. This isn't even remotely representing footie... The presentation is top notch, graphically beautiful but when it comes to gameplay, it's just horrible.
EA does all it games well in that they all have great graphics and presentation along with fluid controls. But after a few hours with the PC demo, it's clear the CPU gameplay hasn't changed any, same as FIFA 14, FIFA 13 and FIFA 12. I'm guessing there are still only 28 slots for editing CPU tactics as well. Nice casual game, and in some ways it almost plays as well as my modded FIFA 13 PC plays, lol. So I guess from that perspective EA is moving in the right direction, slowly.

# 159 BL8001 @ 09/10/14 08:34 AM
This game is great except for one giant flaw, and I hope it's just because it's a demo.

The defending is atrocious. Your defenders over run the ball, constantly take horrific angles, they ole', they ignore the ball, ignore the threat, etc.

Defending cannot be like this in the full game. I thought last year was a bit like herding cats but this takes the cake.

I learned quickly that RB is nerfed and A contain is weak. If you watch the sport you see that defending isn't about stepping in to a tackle and winning the ball. Defending is about contained retreating and compressing until the other team turns the ball over via an errant pass or an unwise 50/50 pass.

It's basically just like the NFL bend don't break, where it's harder to score once you get in the redzone.

Imagine in madden if your CB ran out of bounds while covering a route, or just ran the wrong way once the ball was passed towards him. People would be having conniptions.

A quick vid of one of the more ridiculous moments. Beyond the "how do you do
Sir" defending why exactly does the attacker turn and sprint towards his own goal after the collision deep in the box? The threat is still on and the ball is loose. Best plan isn't to sprint the wrong direction.

http://youtu.be/yjD0MYkFu0w

# 160 IowaAJ @ 09/10/14 08:40 AM
I was really impressed especially when the computer dribbled the ball to the corner to try and waist the clock instead of attacking. Also on of their goals he headed it perfect the camera made me think he missed but right in the top corner my Goalie just watched it fly over his head. I like what I see so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.