Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K Sports announced and detailed the 2K Heroes mode during the GameStop Expo livestream. You can watch the archive here, starting at roughly the 1:33:18 mark.

2K Heroes mode is a charity driven online head to head mode, exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The team that wins the most from launch until All-Star Weekend, will receive a donation for that person's charity of choice from 2K.

If you recall, back in November of 2013, Michael Jordan selected four guys he'd run with in a pick-up hoops game. 2K Sports ran with that in their 2K Heroes mode. They selected 8 players to form their pick-up teams. Those players include Shaq, David Robinson, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Michael Jordan, Clyde Drexler, James Worthy, and Steph Curry. You can see their respective squads in the screenshots below.

Who would you run with?

NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NINJAK2 @ 09/12/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
All this attention to the Xbox 360 and PS3 is great. Seems 2K understands something EA doesn't: that most people still have those consoles rather than the One and PS4.
I agree Aggies. Still think it's a little odd that the only screenshots I've seen of the 360/ps3 are from crew mode several weeks ago. I really hope they addressed some of their terrible cyberfaces from last year(Parsons, SwaggyP,KD,CP3, gordon hayward,JButler,LBJ,Vince,etc) These systems are capable of handling some better faces...

# 22 CaseIH @ 09/12/14 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Looking more and more like NBA2k15 for Xbox360 and PS3 is full of Gimic Modes. Nothing of substance yet. Very disappointing.

Its sounding like thats the case. I dont know why they cant just fix all the little issues that plagued Association mode, as thats my determining factor on if I buy the game or not this year.

Im sick of created players causing glitches in Associaton every year, and when trying to back date a roster back to Opening Night will get you glitches. These things have been issues for a while now yet every year they are still not fixed.

I did enjoy NBA2k14 more so than any other NBA game ever, but if they want my money this year then they are going to have to fix the issues I mentioned or I will stick with NBA2k14, rather than waste money for a game with gimmick modes that I will never play. IM a Association only guy as is still the good majority of players, so not sure why they cant just focus on that mode, instead of adding in gimmick modes each year that are worthless.

# 23 vtcrb @ 09/12/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Its sounding like thats the case. I dont know why they cant just fix all the little issues that plagued Association mode, as thats my determining factor on if I buy the game or not this year.

Im sick of created players causing glitches in Associaton every year, and when trying to back date a roster back to Opening Night will get you glitches. These things have been issues for a while now yet every year they are still not fixed.

I did enjoy NBA2k14 more so than any other NBA game ever, but if they want my money this year then they are going to have to fix the issues I mentioned or I will stick with NBA2k14, rather than waste money for a game with gimmick modes that I will never play. IM a Association only guy as is still the good majority of players, so not sure why they cant just focus on that mode, instead of adding in gimmick modes each year that are worthless.

1,000,000 % AGREE

# 24 JBCAROLINAKID @ 09/12/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Well it is less than month away and NO Details, besides Crew and 2k Heroes. I know Association will be there, but will it have any improvements? I mean the LACK of info for it is not a good sign. Also the lack of Communication is puzzling as well. Hopefully i am wrong, but when Games lack details this close to release it leads to belief it will just be the Gimmicks(Crew, Heroes) and no substance. Meaning no fix of CPU AI in Association Mode, Glitches with CAP/CATs, etc.
Not TRYING to be negative but it is the same every year with LD2K. He pops in a thread to hype up some gimmicky mode or feature, which is ok since selling copies is the goal for 2k, but when the devoted,hardcore gamers ask the tough questions about gameplay or bugs in the game he NEVER responds. If he does say anything it will be something like "more details coming soon." It would be nice for a change if he could "man up" and answer some of these.

# 25 liodeesxalf @ 09/12/14 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbspbelair
I think the last gen versions are almost perfect in a sense, they still hold graphically well and gameplay is still great even better in some areas to next gen.
I agree. next gen may have better and more realistic graphics, texture, resolution, but this also requires higher standards for player likeness which i feel they are falling short of. Some of the faces and players were spot on, but too many faces on next gen were off (and all in the same way can't put my finger on), with a significant amount of players looking cross eyed. the player model/build also has weird raised shoulders (how the model stands in player edit mode was better last gen and next gen), and for a lot of legend teams, the print across the jersey is way too small. Its the culmination of these hiccups in details that get to me, things that didn't exist last gen (with the exception of some faces).

if you were to consider the game like a game of chess and all the players are pieces, I feel last gen has the better looking pieces on the board. graphics texture and resolution may be better, but they regressed in terms of likeness accuracy. idk next gen players look goofy to me

# 26 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/13/14 11:06 AM
I wish I could have told the developers to go and use the 2k10 graphics with better CF's

# 27 DJ @ 09/13/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just updated the OP w/ all of the squads. Who would you run with?
Team Curry would be interesting to see if you could win without a big man. I like Team Shaq and LeBron's team is just unfair, lol.

# 28 CaseIH @ 09/16/14 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Not TRYING to be negative but it is the same every year with LD2K. He pops in a thread to hype up some gimmicky mode or feature, which is ok since selling copies is the goal for 2k, but when the devoted,hardcore gamers ask the tough questions about gameplay or bugs in the game he NEVER responds. If he does say anything it will be something like "more details coming soon." It would be nice for a change if he could "man up" and answer some of these.

I agree it would be nice for some honesty from these guys, not just with NBA2k, all these companies do it now days, even MLBTS has gone the way of shady business.

I cant really blame guys like LD2k or Ronnie2k, if they want to keep their jobs they have to walk the company line. So there is only so much they can say, and you just have to put 2 and 2 together when they dont answer a tough ? and assume its not fixed, cause if it was they would definitely say it was.

# 29 malky @ 09/18/14 03:39 PM
Well all I want to know is are they including the player interviews that were only included in the new gen systems last year and not in the 360/PS3

Plus don't know if it's been confirmed if the Shaw/Ernie stuff will be in the 360/ps3 as well?

# 30 NINJAK2 @ 09/18/14 06:57 PM
Pretty sure the player interviews may be exclusive to next gen malky but not positive. It's a shame that we are a little over 2 weeks away and we are still in the dark about gameplay improvements and cyberface upgrades in regards to last gen 2k15. Appears they are playing poker just like EA did with Madden 15 last gen in regards to giving us meaningful info in regards to showing gameplay/screenshots prior to release. Almost like those movies that are "not screened for critics" prior to release..

# 31 redsox4evur @ 09/18/14 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Pretty sure the player interviews may be exclusive to next gen malky but not positive. It's a shame that we are a little over 2 weeks away and we are still in the dark about gameplay improvements and cyberface upgrades in regards to last gen 2k15. Appears they are playing poker just like EA did with Madden 15 last gen in regards to giving us meaningful info in regards to showing gameplay/screenshots prior to release.
I think that how is it going to be from now on though. You will hear everything about the current gen games and next to none or nothing about last gen games. I mean I can only think of 2 games that I had something about for last gen and those were NHL 15 and that it was pretty much the same game as last years copy but with the NBC commentary. And the other was FIFA which made big improvements to last gen. Pretty much the same game as current gen minus the updated graphics. Like grass stains on pants and moving corner flags.

# 32 PJBrownHeat @ 09/19/14 04:42 AM
I love it because it remember me the all star game 97 and 98.
I don't know if i will play to this Ode but my team will be worthy team of course!!

I love the black pinstripe of pippen!

# 33 CaseIH @ 09/19/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I think that how is it going to be from now on though. You will hear everything about the current gen games and next to none or nothing about last gen games. I mean I can only think of 2 games that I had something about for last gen and those were NHL 15 and that it was pretty much the same game as last years copy but with the NBC commentary. And the other was FIFA which made big improvements to last gen. Pretty much the same game as current gen minus the updated graphics. Like grass stains on pants and moving corner flags.

Im thinking the same thing, kind of what I figured would happen with old gen once new gen came out.

I think the only positive about still having old gen over new is that game devs are still learning the ins and outs of the new gen where as they know all there is to know about old gen, so I think old gen tends to have less issues.

Ill take less issues over better graphics anyday, main reason why I didnt go out and buy a new PS4 when it 1st came out. I had planned on waiting a good yr or 2 before buying new gen anyway.

I did wonder if we would see some NBA2k s well as Madden on the old gen console this yr, considering 2k basically didnt support the game last yr once it came out on old gen other than roster updates although still a good game without patch, it could have been even better with a few tweaks.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.