Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Clappington @ 09/11/14 03:41 PM
Why do people complain about graphics being close to last year like how can you expect a huge graphic jump like that lol. these graphics are damn near perfect

# 82 LakersForLife @ 09/11/14 03:41 PM
The illegal screens seem like an issue again, great

# 83 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Zip
I thought they had the starting 5 introduction ..?????????
This isnt the final version.

# 84 allBthere @ 09/11/14 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Zip
I thought they had the starting 5 introduction ..?????????
I think it was skipped. You could tell the user skipped the Love replay since you saw the replay move and no replay.

I liked the Love free-throw camera, that was pretty sweet.

Biggest thing I didn't like was Lebron's hesitation where he travelled because he never actually dribbled the basketball - looked super weird.

A small thing was Love's made basket was that double clutch two-handed layup from 2k5 (I'm not really sure doesn't seem extremely big-manish of a move and it looked all too familiar.

I'm excited for all of the new non-gameplay modes and stats/feedback like the body fatigue in specific areas. I hate VC the way it is in 14, so I hope it's changed for myPlayer as well (maybe easier?)

Actually I'm really hoping I can determine my minutes or base them on my stamina instead of defaulting to the highest in the league - or asked to be subbed out etc.

Now I"m off topic.

The video I thought was nice overall, especially since it was just random vs being shown what I'm 'supposed' to be shown. I'm looking forward to the game.

# 85 seanbarkley @ 09/11/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
Do you really think the Devs listen to the gamers?

They don't care, Bro.

How can you say that this year man?I hope u r joking.

# 86 Mr.Zip @ 09/11/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This isnt the final version.
Thanks Fam!

# 87 RIZDRAVER @ 09/11/14 03:51 PM
One thing you can identify once you're looking for it is Rob Jones' commitment to get rid of the helter skelter movement of players around the basket. The herky jerky sprinting of big men and just general frenetic video game feel of guys sprinting everywhere on the court is really polished down quite a bit to feel more human and natural. It may be a very minor thing to some but I'm really appreciating that aspect.

# 88 blues rocker @ 09/11/14 03:52 PM
my main complaint is that there were some bad shots going in (contested jumpers and contact layups)...but it's probably on Pro difficulty, so that doesn't mean much.

# 89 Mr.Zip @ 09/11/14 03:54 PM
Hope there's more in game injuries online/offline..... overall game looks great

# 90 JayAtkHar @ 09/11/14 03:57 PM
Not even impressed. The presence of heavy animations in this game erks me. I'm still gonna get it but I see the same issues from last year that are still there

# 91 HowDareI @ 09/11/14 03:57 PM
Quote:
I hate to admit it but....

For the first time in a while, I am actually more excited about NBA Live 15 coming out than 2K this year.
You say they don't listen to us, and give us major improvements and changes in everything they've announced thus far..

Then you say you're more excited for a game that gets delayed and might not even come out...

Lol okay.

# 92 Goffs @ 09/11/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Do you really think the Devs listen to the gamers?

They don't care, Bro.
Well I would feel the same if they didn't interact with us in the forums....which isn't the case here on the 2k forums...

Quote:

For the first time in a while, I am actually more excited about NBA Live 15 coming out than 2K this year.
lol well I'm glad someone found those short clips of Live impressive...

# 93 blues rocker @ 09/11/14 04:02 PM
still some minor things from past 2k's that bother me a bit - like the overall lack of explosiveness to the player movement...players still don't feel quite as explosive as when you're watching real basketball...the full sprint speed still seems a bit slow...and exploding forward still seems a bit too sluggish...maybe this is just a choice on 2k's part - slowing the game down for balance so it's easier to defend.

still some weird catch animations. and i still don't like how every catch animation in the half court causes your player to plant his feet and turn toward the hoop...i'd like to be able to catch on the move and instantly blend into dribbling without stopping to plant my feet...and I'd like to be able to instantly explode forward out of a catch without waiting for the slow "gather" animation...looks like you still can't do these things in 2k15

# 94 Csmooove32 @ 09/11/14 04:03 PM
Player movement looks a little live-ish to me but it could just be the settings sliders could probably change that.

# 95 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 04:03 PM
Quote:

Why do you hate to admit it? Also what would make you more excited about Live at this point? The less than 2 minutes of gameplay they have shown?

Actually forget that. Lets keep this on 2k. Thanks.

# 96 HowDareI @ 09/11/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why do you hate to admit it? Also what would make you more excited about Live at this point? The less than 2 minutes of gameplay they have shown?

Actually forget that. Lets keep this on 2k. Thanks.
I've talked to people on youtube about how they can think Live is gonna be better than 2K, long story short the conversation always turns out to be with a Live fanboy lol, I'm all for competition but honestly there isn't any right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
still doesn't seem like there's much of a penalty for dribbling into other players (your own teammates or defenders)...seems like the user can still just dribble right into other players without losing the ball (can't completely confirm that from this video, but there was a moment where it looked like Kyrie backed the ball right into a defender but didn't lose the ball...and another time he dribbled right into Varejao but didn't lose the ball)
From the impressions thread a while ago someone said that it's easier to stay in front of someone as a defender now, so maybe if you're manually controlling a defender and a ballhandler dribbles into you you can either force a pass, pickup or even a turnover...hopefully.

# 97 Rasco11 @ 09/11/14 04:14 PM
I liked what I saw so far!

-Saw more chest passes and naturally looking passing, which is a welcome addition visually for me.

-Ball handling appeared a little more fluid, better foot planting, smoother transitions...something, can't put my finger on it. Hoping that means stick control is a little more responsive.

-Thought Kevin Love face looked great. But, Kyrie doesn't even resemble himself, which is weird if they face captured him?!? Maybe final version will be better?

-Thought Durant player model looked "lankier" than 2k14 version. Big improvement.

-Was hoping Varejo's hair might move/bounced more with running, and I agree with whoever earlier said it looks twiggy. Probably should be a little more Fro'ee (is that a word? Frolicious?)

At least we finally got some video! I don't care what build it is...it is nice to see something in motion

# 98 Halloween @ 09/11/14 04:15 PM
I'm honestly not too excited about that.

Game 'feels' and basically looks the same since forever. They never work on their weaknesses they only build up on the strong parts. I'm beginning to think they should completely rework the game from ground up gameplay wise, starting with actual footplanting.

To see those players constantly hovering all over the place just doesn't quite do it for me anymore. Live 15 has better footplanting imo and I think it really adds to both gameplay and realism. Unfortunately 2k doesn't seem to share my view on priorities.

# 99 rhein77 @ 09/11/14 04:16 PM
I am on the fence. I just got a new ps4 but I am in love with the older gen game play. I don't know which version to get since I have not seen game play from last gen. I wonder if signature skills and signature moves are in the current gen game? Hopefully a feature sheet will come out soon...

# 100 2_headedmonster @ 09/11/14 04:16 PM
really at this point id be satisfied with real defensive foot planting. i actually love the gameplay, but hate that defenders can cover so much ground, the exaggerated verticals, and the fact that defenders dont turn their hips and backpedal realistically.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.