Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Twitter user @javibbns sent me these videos he captured from the NBA House in Madrid.

Confirmed player ratings:

Lakers

J. Lin - 77
K. Bryant - 89
W. Johnson - 73
C. Boozer - 78
J. Hill - 76
N. Young - 78
E. Davis - 73
J. Randle - 76
S. Nash - 76
R. Kelly 71
R. Sacre - 67
J. Clarkson - 70
X. Henry - 73

Warriors

S. Curry - 89
K. Thompson - 82
A. Iguodala - 82
D. Lee - 82
A. Bogut - 80
H. Barnes - 76
D. Green - 77
S. Livingston - 74
M. Speights - 72
B. Rush - 69
D. Kuzmic - 67
N. Nedovic - 67
F. Ezeli - 67

Lakers and Warriors Ratings

NBA 2K15 Game Intro Cavs vs. Knicks

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Knicks vs. Cavs Part 1

NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Knicks vs. Cavs Part 2

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 rkocjay @ 09/12/14 01:11 PM
dam kobe at 89 but i understand tho

# 42 Goffs @ 09/12/14 01:49 PM
2k's got something to hide? Lol go back to Live forums and keep your theories there. Besides I thought you were set on Live?

# 43 RocketTMac1 @ 09/12/14 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL

1000% AGREE!!!!!

Why is the game less than one month away and we have yet to get any definitive gameplay footage from 2K. I remember when they use to hit us with videos describing the new features and controls. Also they would at least drop a few lengthy gameplay videos to show us what to look forward to. It's been less & less last couple years... now there is nothing.

Seems like they have something to hide. We called out NBA Live about the lack of footage but we give 2K a pass. That's not fair. If the gameplay is the same as it was on PS4 then I am not getting the game this year.

It seems like 2K is starting to go down that shady route that EA had been going down for years. Where they are hiding everything and then just reveal at the very last moment. At least we have seen little something released from EA. Might not of been much but it was something officially from the company. Not just bad quality leaked footage here & there.

I have always thought 2K was better than that. Guess not....

And on top of all that, there probably won't be a demo either... just saying

Where is the gameplay 2K????????
That kid in the crowd that always takes something to far. Yup you are becoming that kid.

Something to hide. And why do you need a demo when the game is less than a month from releasing?

# 44 luda06 @ 09/12/14 02:14 PM
Hey, I'm working on placing the ratings into a spreadsheet for easy reference. Feel free to add on. Thanks in advance.

# 45 BluFu @ 09/12/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
... And why do you need a demo when the game is less than a month from releasing?
hmm, isn't that why we should have a demo?

# 46 threattonature @ 09/12/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Where you get all that from Homie? You are waaaaaaaay off the mark.

I am not for NBA Live nor am I for 2K. You sound more of a 2K fanboy talking about... "go back to live forum". Trust I am definitely not a EA fan. Matter of fact I have never even been in their forum ever. Dude I simply asked why they haven't released gameplay. I like 2K basketball. But they have not shown gameplay. So what did I say that was inaccurate????

God I swear some of you up in here are f*#kin brain dead... put the controller down man and get you some air.
It is slowly reminding me of last year of them waiting until the last year to release info about certain modes which leaves me to believe they know the game will be lacking in certain areas (i.e. online leagues). I do hope I'm wrong and I have heard enough about myleague that I am getting the game regardless. If they haven't improved game play dramatically I'm cool cause I loved the gameplay for the most part last year.

# 47 El_Poopador @ 09/12/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
That kid in the crowd that always takes something to far. Yup you are becoming that kid.

Something to hide. And why do you need a demo when the game is less than a month from releasing?
I'm basing my purchase decision on a demo. No demo = no buy. I don't see improvements in the areas I had issues with last year from watching these videos. And most of the news, interviews, etc. have been focusing on modes and features. I haven't seen anything on better teammate AI, psychic defenders, control (ie pass delay causing turnovers), footplanting/momentum, really anything on the court, where I spend the most time in the game. You can't see any improvements in those areas without actually playing the game.

# 48 The 24th Letter @ 09/12/14 03:01 PM
Quote:
Where you get all that from Homie? You are waaaaaaaay off the mark.

I am not for NBA Live nor am I for 2K. You sound more of a 2K fanboy talking about... "go back to live forum". Trust I am definitely not a EA fan. Matter of fact I have never even been in their forum ever. Dude I simply asked why they haven't released gameplay. I like 2K basketball. But they have not shown gameplay. So what did I say that was inaccurate????

God I swear some of you up in here are f*#kin brain dead... put the controller down man and get you some air.

I'm not saying you have an allegiance to any game,..but I don't know of you can label anyone brain dead if you can't remember you posted in a forum yesterday.

# 49 Bigmac612 @ 09/12/14 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm not saying you have an allegiance to any game,..but I don't know of you can label anyone brain dead if you can't remember you posted in a forum yesterday.

Attachment 82513

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 50 scottyp180 @ 09/12/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I hate to be so negative, but I really just can't seen any improvements in the way of footplanting from last gen. Especially with that being one of the most touted features of Eco-Motion. Momentum and footplanting just don't play a factor from what I've seen thus far.
Did you happen to play 2k14 on nextgen last year? I thought the footplanting felt much better than last gen. It was something that did not look much different on video but felt different when playing.

I feel like I'm in the minority but I thought 2k14 for next gen was the best playing 2k yet. It was certainly similar to previous games but just felt a bit tighter all around with better animations. There are still issues that should be addressed but overall I felt the gameplay was an improvement, not a regression

# 51 23 @ 09/12/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I'm basing my purchase decision on a demo. No demo = no buy. I don't see improvements in the areas I had issues with last year from watching these videos. And most of the news, interviews, etc. have been focusing on modes and features. I haven't seen anything on better teammate AI, psychic defenders, control (ie pass delay causing turnovers), footplanting/momentum, really anything on the court, where I spend the most time in the game. You can't see any improvements in those areas without actually playing the game.
2k is not discussing gameplay enhancements at this time.

However stay tuned for more in the near future. We're all excited about what's in store and can't wait to share it with you.

In the meanwhile 2k just released an interview and a trailer for the new #NBA2K15 My Team.

As with everything, community feedback was important in improving*#NBA2K15. Hope you enjoy the new additions!*#MYTEAM

#YourTimeHasCome

# 52 The 24th Letter @ 09/12/14 03:22 PM
23 trollin'

# 53 Gramps91 @ 09/12/14 03:23 PM
I like the ratings, looking pretty good so far.

# 54 El_Poopador @ 09/12/14 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Did you happen to play 2k14 on nextgen last year? I thought the footplanting felt much better than last gen. It was something that did not look much different on video but felt different when playing.

I feel like I'm in the minority but I thought 2k14 for next gen was the best playing 2k yet. It was certainly similar to previous games but just felt a bit tighter all around with better animations. There are still issues that should be addressed but overall I felt the gameplay was an improvement, not a regression
Yea, I have 2k14 for the XB1. There is still just too much sliding/warping into place that really kills the experience on the court for me. That is my biggest gripe with the game, along with the spacing and closeout speeds. Those things together make it very difficult to get a real offense going.

# 55 Sundown @ 09/12/14 04:04 PM
Barnes 76 and Draymond Green 77?

/Facepalm

Draymond Green deserves a 82-84 and Barnes has been like a 72 this season if this new rating system is at all accurate. In what world is Barnes a better player than Livingston and even remotely comparable to Green (playoff MVP for the Warriors).

And Iguodala at a lowly 82 when he leads the league in RAPM and was defensive first team? Sigh. And before someone starts quoting PER and PPG, PER and raw stats are about the worst possible ways to evaluate him.

89 for Curry is acceptable. Lee's adjustment to 82 reflects his real impact. 82 for Thompson is workable. 80 for Bogut is underrating him a tad.

# 56 Goffs @ 09/12/14 04:05 PM
HEY HOMIE!

Quote:
I hate to admit it but....

For the first time in a while, I am actually more excited about NBA Live 15 coming out than 2K this year.

# 57 sticks323 @ 09/12/14 04:10 PM
Really Kobe is still an 89 after missing most of the season. The same rating as Steph Curry. There will be a lot of high 80s in the this game

# 58 Sundown @ 09/12/14 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondee
Imo this is about right, Melo should be higher thank Kobe. I think Kobe will still be good, but 89 is pretty high already for where he is today. I like though that Curry is 89 too.

Agree somewhat with the Draymond rating being higher than Barnes... That's a nod to Dray's versatility, so i like the recognition. IRL, Barnes has a higher ceiling, just not getting the minutes.
Barnes got a ton of minutes. He's just actually very limited and was also used ineffectively (but there aren't that many ways to use Barnes). Green is much better than Barnes in nearly everything but 3 point shooting-- and he's getting there.

And I agree that Kobe at 89 is ridiculous. You're really telling me he's going to step on the court day one and be as effective as Kevin Love, Tim Duncan, and Steph Curry? :P

I was really hoping with the new hires that rosters would be great out of the box. Looks like we're not quite there yet, and there's still a few misses with ratings based on hype or lack of it rather than what would be a more sober analysis.

# 59 El_Poopador @ 09/12/14 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

/Facepalm

Draymond Green deserves a 82-84 and Barnes has been like a 72 this season if this new rating system is at all accurate. In what world is Barnes a better player than Livingston and even remotely comparable to Green (playoff MVP for the Warriors).

And Iguodala at a lowly 82 when he leads the league in RAPM and was defensive first team? Sigh. And before someone starts quoting PER and PPG, PER and raw stats are about the worst possible ways to evaluate him.

89 for Curry is acceptable. Lee's adjustment to 82 reflects his real impact. 82 for Thompson is workable. 80 for Bogut is underrating him a tad.
It's a new rating system. Why not wait and see how it works before judging the overalls. Based on their position, team, and play style, those may be accurate.

# 60 thedream2k13 @ 09/12/14 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

/Facepalm

You don't know individual ratings calm down

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.