Home
The Golf Club News Post

A patch for The Golf Club has been submitted to Microsoft for the Xbox One. HB Studios is hoping that it arrives on September 22nd, but the process could get pushed another week.

They are planning to submit the PlayStation 4 patch to Sony next week.

Below are the details for the Xbox One patch.

Extensive Network Interfacing Improvements
  • Improving speed when connecting to servers and stopping time outs.
  • Prevent bootflow network disconnect message from advancing to main.
Several Memory Leak Issues
  • Improved stability.
  • Improved frame rate.
  • Course Saving error after a few hours of play – fixed.
  • Fixed crash that could occur if the user stayed on a certain screens for an extended period of time.
Latest Xbox One SDK implemented
  • This fixed issues with blocky Terrain Editing within course designer.
Improved Performance
  • Optimisations, to improve frame rate.
Turn Based Multi-Player
  • Sped up, so users are now not waiting 10 seconds between shots.
  • Fixed multiple issues where it would get sometimes get stuck mid round.
Greg Norman Course Designer
  • Fixed bunker issues around the green.
  • A couple of low frequency crash bugs fixed.
  • Fixed issue with Carousel menu sometimes not showing the correct state, and improved flow going back and forward.
  • Links theme fixed so heavy rough wasn’t thought of as water.
Tours and Tournament Flow changes
  • Fixed multiple issues with the flow that were causing issues with restarting a tour.
  • Pop up implemented on Network fail requests.
  • Allow advance through tour cards.
Animation
  • Fixed a hard lock on female, left handed animation.
  • Fixed a couple of animation transitions.
Physics
  • Fixed spin decay bug that resulted in crazy behavior when the ball hit the pin.
  • Added a cup physics material.
  • Fixed tap in issue with putting.
Audio
  • FMod Thread affinity fix.
  • Also improved frame rate of the game.
Achievements
  • Fix for Grand Opening challenge (Was not being awarded).
  • Fix for Lucky Number 7 Achievement (Broken when hitting water, and added test for at or above par as-per description).
Front End/Minor Fixes
  • Replay bug, where ball would sometimes not replay correctly.
  • Fixed issue where putting details would be hidden behind players heads.
  • The ‘Auto Add Friends’ option in Game Settings will be respected again.
  • The in-game scorecard will resize to fit the longest name.
  • Improved the quality of the filters on the Select Rivals screen.
  • Fixed the disappearing of the scorecard title text when displaying the screen for a while.
  • Removed the time and date on the message center (Unity doesn’t support System Clock on Xbox One).
  • Fixed the inconsistent displaying of the message center on various screens.
  • Remove unneeded texts on course detail screen during offline mode.
  • Fixed issue where Player edit screen becomes too dark to see the player when the background course time is evening.
  • Fixed the flag marker for left handed mode.
  • Fixed the longest hole out display at end of round showing spurious figure when user did not sink anything from off the green.
  • Increased the limit for the length of the list when fetching data from database, so select course, tour and create course lists display correct number for certain filters.
  • Username Truncations issues.
  • Fixed scorecard and overview yardage discrepancies.
  • Fixed scorecard color issue when in tours.
  • Fixed scout camera positioning issues.
Stat Fixes
  • A collection of fixes to the statistics and telemetry including the average score always stating E.

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 21 OnlookerDelay @ 10/08/14 12:43 AM
The Executive Producer of The Golf Club posted news that Microsoft has approved the XB1 patch and it will be posted for download around 5:00 AM, EDT, Friday morning (10/10/14).

They have also indicated that Update 1, which is going to add some new features and content, is ready for submission. They couldn't submit the update for certification until the patch was approved. As an aside, they've planned to submit both the XB1 and PS4 updates for certification at the same time, so now that both versions have been patched, we could see the updated versions as early as next week, although it now seems that Sony is a lot quicker on turning submissions around than Microsoft.

I'm not sure though if HBS can't submit the update until after the patch is posted, or after it had been approved. If it's the latter, they could submit the update to Sony and Microsoft tomorrow. This update is going to really turn some heads, based on what I know about it

# 22 Hoos @ 10/08/14 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
The Executive Producer of The Golf Club posted news that Microsoft has approved the XB1 patch and it will be posted for download around 5:00 AM, EDT, Friday morning (10/10/14).

They have also indicated that Update 1, which is going to add some new features and content, is ready for submission. They couldn't submit the update for certification until the patch was approved. As an aside, they've planned to submit both the XB1 and PS4 updates for certification at the same time, so now that both versions have been patched, we could see the updated versions as early as next week, although it now seems that Sony is a lot quicker on turning submissions around than Microsoft.

I'm not sure though if HBS can't submit the update until after the patch is posted, or after it had been approved. If it's the latter, they could submit the update to Sony and Microsoft tomorrow. This update is going to really turn some heads, based on what I know about it
Turn some heads, huh? Now that sounds promising

# 23 OnlookerDelay @ 10/08/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
Turn some heads, huh? Now that sounds promising
And now I can tell you why: The PC update released yesterday and with it we've got new swing camera options. I love option 3 (they actually took the coordinates for the custom camera view I always dialed up manually suing the Game Camera settings in the PC version for option 3) for all cameras and putt soooooo much better from that perspective.

Option 3's camera is closer to the golfer and up a little bit higher, about shoulder to neck height, and is angled down a bit more such that you can see more of an overhead view of the the clubhead. I find that not only does this give me a more intimate sense of immersion with my golfer, it allows me to gauge the clubhead movement much better during putting. This will help me out tremendously on the XB1 both with performance and aesthetic pleasure. I'm anxious to spend some quality time with this update installed to see all the more subtle things I haven't had time to digest just yet.

But the big news is the ability to transition between the golfer perspective camera and follow camera at your discretion now. It is (at least for me) a revolutionary step for The Golf Club. I got to see it in action for the first time this morning and it is a pure, visceral eyegasm! I missed seeing how to make it happen at first. If you've got your settings using Golfer cam, you have to press the "A" button (if you're using an XBox controller as I am on the PC) to tell the game when to transition from golfer to follow camera. It works beautifully and transforms the game into the player perspective/in-the-moment experience I've been after!

# 24 Hoos @ 10/09/14 09:34 AM
Very nice! I just looked at the HB update notes on the HB forum and it appears to be a very solid update, with the new cameras, a new theme, new course creation objects, wind tuning, amongst other things. I am hoping the wind tuning means a reduction in how the ball is affected.... We shall see!

# 25 OnlookerDelay @ 10/09/14 03:46 PM
The XB1 version patch is now confirmed for an 8:00 PM EDT, release tonight! I'll be at work until 6:00 AM Friday morning, but I'll grab it when I get home.

# 26 Flightwhite24 @ 10/09/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
The XB1 version patch is now confirmed for an 8:00 PM EDT, release tonight! I'll be at work until 6:00 AM Friday morning, but I'll grab it when I get home.
NICE!!!! 40 more minutes!!!

# 27 Flightwhite24 @ 10/09/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
I used the conversion chart and it came out 7:00 pm. Do any of you have the patch yet?
Nothing yet on this end

# 28 Flightwhite24 @ 10/09/14 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
Patch is out!
Still patiently waiting

# 29 Methlab @ 10/10/14 11:58 AM
Quote:
I got the patch.It is over 1 gig! I noticed wind is not as brutal as before. I also shot 4 under instead of even, so maybe putting got more forgiving.

Besides that Id need education on what else is updated, because I don't notice much change.

There are Golf Club banners next to you when you tee off. I think that may be new.

# 30 OnlookerDelay @ 10/10/14 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I got the patch.It is over 1 gig! I noticed wind is not as brutal as before. I also shot 4 under instead of even, so maybe putting got more forgiving.

Besides that Id need education on what else is updated
It was so long ago that it got posted, it got lost in the noise... here's a link to the patch notes:

http://thegolfclubgame.com/2014/09/1...tch-submitted/

I do notice the frame rate improvement on two the the three courses I've tried so far. IMO, Ross Hollow is still unplayable slow, but I'm hypersensitive to frame rates. I do see a very subtle improvement in graphics quality. The lines, particularly the clubshaft, look a little less jaggy now. I've got to play more to spot more differences, but this is a better game for sure. Oh, I love the fact that I can now read the elevation and distance details when putting. They definitely fixed that.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.