Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The above video and following text is from our partner GoMadden. Be sure to visit the GoMadden website and subscribe to GoMadden on YouTube. Additionally, follow GoMadden on Twitter.

Madden 15 tips don’t always have to be so difficult. In our latest technique, we show you how you can stifle those pesky Mesh concepts that are running rampant online, by making one easy adjustment before the snap.

The Mesh concept is brutally effective at punishing players that like to play man coverage, but it’s also pretty darn good against most zones, too. However, there is hope! With a little bit of ingenuity we’ve discovered a fairly universal technique for defenses with four-down linemen that will slow down the effectiveness of the Mesh, if not shut it down entirely.

Be sure to check out this full article on GoMadden. If you can't see the video above, click here to see it.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RipCityAndy @ 09/15/14 03:54 PM
This guy rocks!! I love the tips.

# 2 ggsimmonds @ 09/15/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
So the way stop this play is to use a glitch in the game? I highly doubt this works against players online.
I don't see how it is a glitch. Teams do this same thing in real life though usually it is to a TE. The end would give a little shove to the TE before engaging the pass blocker.

# 3 RipCityAndy @ 09/15/14 05:41 PM
Yeah, I don't think this is a glitch. It seems like a legitimate counter.

# 4 The JareBear @ 09/15/14 07:17 PM
Is this how the game was designed to play? If not, by definition, is that not an exploit?

# 5 Tyrant8RDFL @ 09/15/14 08:18 PM
If you look closely it totally doesn't stop it.. The receivers still have a chance, but its not as large of a gap as before.

I like the tip, and I don't see it as glitch, or exploit at all.

# 6 Brooky04 @ 09/15/14 08:28 PM
This is not a glitch/exploit. It's something that the game should already do, because jamming tight ends is common in real games, but is missing. This gives the user a workaround to implement something from real football.

A glitch/exploit would be something that provides an unfair advantage that wouldn't be possible in a real game.

# 7 iamheat @ 09/15/14 10:42 PM
Lets be real here...That is a glitch and therefore exploit to the game. That being said it doesnt have to be bad just cause its a glitch, this is one of the few exploits that makes the game more realistic.

# 8 fballturkey @ 09/15/14 10:52 PM
It's realistic enough that I'd put it under 'emergent gameplay' and not 'glitch.'

# 9 ggsimmonds @ 09/15/14 11:03 PM
I will say this, it may very well be an exploit in the sense that the designers did not intend for this to happen.

However if so, it is an exploit that allows us to replicate a real life strategy.

I never though about doing this. I have always just back one of my corners off to avoid the rub.

On a related note, is anyone disappointed that rub plays are not as common in Madden as they are in real life (case in point watch a Denver game then look at Denver's Madden PB)? Or is it a good thing because it would be too difficult to implement or too hard to stop?

# 10 JMD @ 09/16/14 06:57 AM
It didn't even work. In all examples shown at least one of the crossing receivers were still open.

# 11 DLight03 @ 09/16/14 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
It didn't even work. In all examples shown at least one of the crossing receivers were still open.
The danger of the Mesh concept is the scraping concept, which is what the pseudo-press at the line disrupts. Also, the receiver being "open" for what looks like only a two yard catch (and immediate tackle if not pick-6) is a win for the defense. There's a difference between being open and being contained. At least in the video examples, it's definitely contained much, much more. And that's without considering any kind of user coverage or any other adjustments.

# 12 alexgators1 @ 09/16/14 11:18 AM
Will this work if the receivers aren't close to the line like that and are actually spread out? If so what adjustment should you make to your D-Line?

# 13 ggsimmonds @ 09/16/14 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgators1
Will this work if the receivers aren't close to the line like that and are actually spread out? If so what adjustment should you make to your D-Line?
If they are spread out you can try bump and run, but usually the Mesh plays have built in defense against the Wr being jammed. The play will feature presnap motion or the WR(s) will be aligned off the LOS

# 14 alexgators1 @ 09/16/14 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
If they are spread out you can try bump and run, but usually the Mesh plays have built in defense against the Wr being jammed. The play will feature presnap motion or the WR(s) will be aligned off the LOS
I know. This video is trying to show you how to adjust your DLine to mess up the routes. I guess I haven't noticed, but will they always end up close, so these DLine adjustments will work? What if they don't go in motion before the play and they're spread out wide?

# 15 hanzsomehanz @ 09/24/14 06:30 PM
LB's in zone should chuck the receivers as they cross their path and they should also be watching the receivers as they enter their zones instead of floating around mindlessly or simply dragging their feet

Th is a tip tho and in itself it is appreciated

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.