Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 gameplay video, featuring the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers.

Thanks @javibbns!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 yungsta404 @ 09/16/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Juego Psicologico is Mind Games which was in last year.

Taponador sounds like rim protector. Isn't that what shot blocking/verticals/strength/defensive awareness and post defense is already supposed to do? Unless its a bonus for intimidation factor.
I love the rim protector sig, I been asking for this. Its basically the defensive counter for finisher.

Similar to how guys with high layups have the finisher signature skill for an extra offensive punch.

Bigs with the rim protector signature skills will give them an extra defensive punch.

# 82 twogotwingz3 @ 09/16/14 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRac1
It looks good and all, but why is everybody so damn skinny? Look at LeBron, I know he lost some wait during the off season but he look's anorexic. But I'm still getting this, hopefully we can still edit player's so I can fix them that way!!!
That and shoes/accessories/socks is like the only thing I hate about 2k...they should get rid of the memory of the stupid "FatHeads" and upgrade those things

# 83 2_headedmonster @ 09/16/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Juego Psicologico is Mind Games which was in last year.

Taponador sounds like rim protector. Isn't that what shot blocking/verticals/strength/defensive awareness and post defense is already supposed to do? Unless its a bonus for intimidation factor.
rim protector? that's a sig skill ive been pushing for, for 2yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Rim protector: this player is known to defend the rim without fouling by taking advantage of the verticality rule

Scorer: most players get fatigued when taking 20+ shots, but not these players. additionally these players can pump fake and catch players in the air to draw fouls.
GREATNESS #Mytimehascome

# 84 lakers24 @ 09/16/14 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
There are only 10 cameramen allowed on each baseline now. The NBA instituted a rule this summer for player safety.
And there are only 2 on each baseline in 2k...

# 85 Sundown @ 09/16/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I love the rim protector sig, I been asking for this. Its basically the defensive counter for finisher.

Similar to how guys with high layups have the finisher signature skill for an extra offensive punch.

Bigs with the rim protector signature skills will give them an extra defensive punch.
Rim Protector as a counter to Finisher makes a lot of sense. Bogut better have this. I couldn't find the video but there was one time he stopped a 3-on-1 by intimidation alone. No one wanted to put up a shot.

Quote:
Scorer: most players get fatigued when taking 20+ shots, but not these players. additionally these players can pump fake and catch players in the air to draw fouls.
Is this official? I wouldn't want pump fakes and scoring to be mashed into the same badge.

# 86 Factzzz @ 09/16/14 11:19 PM
Nick Young looks spectacular, 1000x better than last year.

Xavier Henry still has a mini afro, when he should have a buzz cut.

Kyrie Irving has really short hair now, not that weird looking fade
Spoiler

The accessories look a mess for the cavs when wearing their yellow jersey.

# 87 newgeneration11 @ 09/16/14 11:41 PM
Lebron's two handed dunk where he gets both elbows above the rim off of a straight vertical leap.. wut. i hate it.
(its in the first half of the vid)

# 88 Traceur @ 09/17/14 12:48 AM
Looks just like 2K14. Call me not impressed.

# 89 49UNCFan @ 09/17/14 12:58 AM
Smh at everybody judging from a video play the **** game first before knocking it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 90 bedwardsroy19 @ 09/17/14 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Nick Young looks spectacular, 1000x better than last year.

Xavier Henry still has a mini afro, when he should have a buzz cut.

Kyrie Irving has really short hair now, not that weird looking fade
Spoiler

The accessories look a mess for the cavs when wearing their yellow jersey.
Anything specifically though? I just cross checked many of the players with photo references of them in yellows and the only thing I noticed off was knee pads should be white or black and not red, which has since been fixed (old build).

After the game comes out, I will start some sort of feedback thread where you all can point out things you find off in the roster, but I'll need you to be as specific as possible as opposed to "this is a mess"

# 91 lakers24 @ 09/17/14 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Anything specifically though? I just cross checked many of the players with photo references of them in yellows and the only thing I noticed off was knee pads should be white or black and not red, which has since been fixed (old build).

After the game comes out, I will start some sort of feedback thread where you all can point out things you find off in the roster, but I'll need you to be as specific as possible as opposed to "this is a mess"
These updates will be for PC too right? Because I know accessory colors are tied to the roster and with the usual wait until tools come out, it'd be nice to know that won't have to be a concern for us to fix.

# 92 2_headedmonster @ 09/17/14 01:20 AM
Quote:
Rim Protector as a counter to Finisher makes a lot of sense. Bogut better have this. I couldn't find the video but there was one time he stopped a 3-on-1 by intimidation alone. No one wanted to put up a shot.

Is this official? I wouldn't want pump fakes and scoring to be mashed into the same badge.
naw "scorer" was a suggestion from the same post i made suggesting "rim protector". I just posted the whole thing to show one of the times I asked for "rim protector". Actually I think it was mentioned something similar to shooting fatigue was implemented in 2k15 w/o a badge or sig skill

# 93 Sundown @ 09/17/14 01:24 AM
Quote:
naw "scorer" was a suggestion from the same post i made suggesting "rim protector". I just posted the whole thing to show one of the times I asked for "rim protector". Actually I think it was mentioned something similar to shooting fatigue was implemented in 2k15 w/o a badge or sig skill
Wonder how shooting fatigue works. So do different players have different shot stamina?

# 94 SageInfinite @ 09/17/14 01:38 AM
Quote:

Loving this. Hated how last year they'd never be white.

# 95 23 @ 09/17/14 01:40 AM
Quote:

Do you have a schedule of when updates will come? How often at least

# 96 da ThRONe @ 09/17/14 02:01 AM
Best gameplay vids so far.

biggest pro
-The game had a natural feel to it
-Spacing looks better
-Animations didn't look too overpowering
-Players seem authentic and distinguishable based on movement

biggest con
-players still jog in the half court
-passes while it looked better still have a long way to go

# 97 Snrubby @ 09/17/14 02:11 AM
Looks good so far, and I'm saying this as an Association/MyPlayer sim oriented player.

On a gameplay standpoint, it's definitely improved. I think paint defense actually exists based on this gameplay, which is something that lacked in 2k14.
I'm digging the new animations, especially the layups. They looked smooth and made sense 'situation-wise'. I didn't notice the 'little underhand layup' all too common in 2k14, which is amazing.
The rebounding was probably the lowest point of the vid, gameplay wise. Too much o.rebounding for my liking, though I wonder if more tip-ins are available this year.

All in all, it's a big step forward to realism on the basis of gameplay. Though it's only a snippet, it's definitely got me hyped

I like the hook shot animation, I just didn't like the transition to it, he did like a 180 spin before executing the animation.

# 98 yungsta404 @ 09/17/14 04:56 AM
Quote:
Wonder how shooting fatigue works. So do different players have different shot stamina?
Yea they said high volume shot takers will have a greater shot stamina than the medium-low volume shot takers. For example, if you take 20 shots with someone like iman shumpert he will get tired much more quickly than someone like Carmelo.

This basically negates users from being able to cheese with role players. So we should no longer see players like kyle korver go off for 40 points because they will not have the stamina to jack up a high volume of shots with great effectiveness

# 99 stillfeelme @ 09/17/14 09:48 AM
  • I really, really like the improvements to help defense.
  • It is very realistic. There was one possesion (7:47)where Tristian sort of doubled on the pick and roll ball handler, Marion rotated over to help the rolling big man then Miller rotated(help the helper) over to Marion's man which left Henry open for a three. It happens exactly like that in real life.
  • I also noticed that some players are actually watching the ball ready to help and you can get two or more defenders to help out on a shot.
  • Rim protector badge/skill is exactly what I wanted. It came up in a couple of wishlists and playing defense in the paint.

# 100 Sundown @ 09/17/14 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
Yea they said high volume shot takers will have a greater shot stamina than the medium-low volume shot takers. For example, if you take 20 shots with someone like iman shumpert he will get tired much more quickly than someone like Carmelo.

This basically negates users from being able to cheese with role players. So we should no longer see players like kyle korver go off for 40 points because they will not have the stamina to jack up a high volume of shots with great effectiveness
I'd also like to see it difficult to cheese even with stars. I hope you're forced to distribute the ball some at least.

It seems like a slightly simple workaround but it's not bad. I'd really like it to be based on real life factors-- take a bunch of shots without sharing the ball and teammates get cold and listless, especially if they're also scorers. Ball hog and teammate chemistry goes down. Take bad shots and teammate chemistry goes down just like in MyCareer. Take too many shots with one player and defenders anticipate them better and put up tighter defense and better contests.

But shot fatigue does accomplish much of that without complicating things, even though it's not quite as comprehensive a model of all the real life factors involved.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.