Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer titled, The Land, featuring an inside look at the player introductions of the new look Cleveland Cavaliers.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 El_Poopador @ 09/16/14 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Sweet! And they are back! What was last 2k game that had this? Btw is that the real announcer in Cleveland or an actor? I'm wondering if each team is specific or is that to much? Lol
No, that's not the Cavaliers mic man.

# 22 the_future420 @ 09/16/14 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Don't get me started on the sound guys but I'm glad they included this again.
Yeah the sound in 2k isn't anywhere comparable to the other areas of the game like graphics,gameplay menus etc.

Hopefully thats a focus for 2k16. Graphics are almost there, but adding to the sound will REALLy help the immersion factor.

# 23 El_Poopador @ 09/16/14 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I liked it. .. what I really liked are the camera angles varying moreso
I liked the varying angles, but it stood out to me that there were angles where no cameras were actually located.

# 24 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/16/14 12:04 PM
i wonder if it's going to be the same announcer for every team

# 25 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/16/14 12:04 PM
You're tugging at my heart strings 2k. Not fair

I wonder what happens if you change a players number. How does that affect player intros ? It doesn't sound like an edit in the audio when he says the numbers. Sounds like its pre recorded to say the name and number

# 26 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Another very cool and welcomed addition to NBA 2K (or re-addition for those folks with 2K3 experience and earlier under their belts).

A very, very, very small nit-pick - is it normal for there to be 20 fans all with giant Kyrie Irving heads in the crowd? It looks like they went away after he was introduced but even then, it seems one or two would make more sense and would sufficiently stick out.
That's a valid point in my opinion. It's weird how sometimes, when a new "feature" is added, it tends to be overdone. It's like a child with a new toy that doesn't know how to moderate.

And what's with the pronoun use there? "He's starting at guard..." Don't they just say, "Starting at guard..."?

But, I won't complain. This is a WELCOME return!!!

# 27 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/16/14 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
That's a valid point in my opinion. It's weird how sometimes, when a new "feature" is added, it tends to be overdone. It's like a child with a new toy that doesn't know how to moderate.

Yeah, I've never seen that. It's more of a college thing

# 28 RICH72601 @ 09/16/14 12:07 PM
That was neat. I see where they're going with the slim-fitting warmups, compared to the space suits of previous games, but I'm hoping that in the near future, the cloth physics can be enhanced even more to where the warmups have accurate movement.

Sorry again, but Varejao's CF disturbs me to no end, almost like Michael Beasley last year. Lol

# 29 SouthBeach @ 09/16/14 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
The last I remember off hand is NBA 2K3. I cannot recall if ESPN NBA Basketball 2004 retained them or not. Here's what they looked like in 2K2:

It's crazy how much detail there was back then in player intros. The lights dimming, the headshot of the coaches, spotlight, etc.

# 30 jayman504 @ 09/16/14 12:18 PM
IF only xbox1/PS4 allowed custom music, either way nice touch with the intro's. Only thing missing is the flames at center court

# 31 jayman504 @ 09/16/14 12:24 PM
Also is it only the home team introduced or do we get visitors too? I know 2K cant allow players to get boo'd but it would be SOO cool when ex players go "back home"

# 32 Retropyro @ 09/16/14 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
IF only xbox1/PS4 allowed custom music, either way nice touch with the intro's. Only thing missing is the flames at center court
http://majornelson.com/2014/09/08/xbox-one-system-update-preview-improvements-snap-tv-experiences/

# 33 WTF @ 09/16/14 12:29 PM
That was pretty sick. I hope it's available for all teams.

The low view reminded me a LOT of Inside Drive (on a much better level though).

Need to announce Bron from SVSM, but we'll done 2k.

# 34 cthurt @ 09/16/14 12:29 PM
Nice feature, but I wonder will it be a random showing for the lineups or will it be for key games/playoff type games. Either way I welcome it back in 2k.

# 35 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/16/14 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Yup. 2K seems to be lazy on getting the crowd to erupt, even during game play

Yeah. Very anti climatic. Not sure why they can't fix that

# 36 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/16/14 12:30 PM
I hope it won't be the same overly excited and obnoxious announcer for every team. I'd probably just skip the intros if that were the case.

# 37 KyotoCarl @ 09/16/14 12:33 PM
Awesome! Looks very natural and fluid! Loving that this is back!

# 38 SouthBeach @ 09/16/14 12:42 PM
I wonder how many team-animated sequences there will be for player intros. Or if the animations are randomized per individual as their name is called.

# 39 jayman504 @ 09/16/14 12:43 PM
Now you see this is an area that 2k could make money on. Having team specific announcers for all the NBA teams as a DLC download would be something that I would pay for. If you don't want it you get the generic one. but if you wanna hear the arena announcer it will cost you. The same way they got the player voices for 2k14 I'm sure they could do the same with starting line-ups.

# 40 STLRams @ 09/16/14 12:43 PM
Really nice. Man I wish we had a custom music/sounds on PS4 that we can use for the intro's. It was great having on PS3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.