Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer titled, The Land, featuring an inside look at the player introductions of the new look Cleveland Cavaliers.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 icicle22 @ 09/16/14 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You havent attended a ton of NBA games have you? If its not the playoffs, its rare to see a significant amount of fans standing during intros. I've been to the Garden, Verizon Center, Staples, OKC and Boston and OKC was the only place that happened.
Even last year when the Cavs stunk up the place....the best part of the game was their awesome intros. The place was alive with energy. Everyone was standing like it was a rock concert. It was awesome. Then they took the court.

So I don't know about anywhere else but in Cleveland it rocked out even though as a team we stunk.

# 102 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/14 02:22 PM
It's funny how different users are passionate about so many different parts of the game. 2k should scoop us all up.

23 has been raving about the sound for year's

I think VDusen would be in charge of the legends division

Just put me in charge of signature highlights, lol

# 103 CBfromCU32 @ 09/16/14 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Maybe it's like a Weekend at Bernie's deal and no one's noticed that the rim sounds guy's been dead at his desk for years.
Lmao! Seriously tho the sounds has been bad for so long I dont know how whoever's in charge of it hasn't been replaced..

# 104 RocketTMac1 @ 09/16/14 02:32 PM
Watching that intro has me missing custom soundtracks lol. I would go crazy with getting team specific intro music along with playoff intro music for intros.

# 105 Sundown @ 09/16/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Watching that intro has me missing custom soundtracks lol. I would go crazy with getting team specific intro music along with playoff intro music for intros.
Man, I had a set for Oracle arena that was pretty meticulously made. Not just the right song and playlist. No way. Songs would come in at the exact section and beat that I heard played and was reffed against DVR footage.

I also wanted even more situational audio, like timeouts for each quarter, since certain songs would always get played in the second half or late in game.

Then we lost the feature all together in next gen.

# 106 NINJAK2 @ 09/16/14 02:55 PM
lousy crowd noise but great intros/animations...

# 107 RocketTMac1 @ 09/16/14 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Man, I had a set for Oracle arena that was pretty meticulously made. Not just the right song and playlist. No way. Songs would come in at the exact section and beat that I heard played and was reffed against DVR footage.

I also wanted even more situational audio, like timeouts for each quarter, since certain songs would always get played in the second half or late in game.

Then we lost the feature all together in next gen.
I bow down to you. We need this in 2K16

# 108 blues rocker @ 09/16/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Sweet! And they are back! What was last 2k game that had this? Btw is that the real announcer in Cleveland or an actor? I'm wondering if each team is specific or is that to much? Lol
it's definitely not the real Cavs announcer. I live in Cleveland, so I know what the real in-stadium announcer sounds like (his name's Ahmad Crump - he's pretty well-known in Cleveland).

I know 2k has strong attention to detail, but I wouldn't expect them to record the real announcers for each individual stadium. i imagine in 2k15 every stadium has the same generic announcer voice...which is fine with me - i'd rather them use the megabytes for animations and gameplay than waste it on including sound files for every announcer in the league...

plus...what if a player changes teams? then there won't be an existing sound file of the new city's announcer saying that player's name (so you'd have to have EVERY announcer in the league re-record the audio every year to account for new players added to their team...and if a player gets traded mid-season, it won't matter anyway. it's way too huge of an undertaking to have real stadium-specific announcers.

# 109 reptilexcq @ 09/16/14 03:19 PM
I bet most people would skip over it. I know most online people would. They don't even care about starting lineups...they just press right away and jump ahead every time.

# 110 VDusen04 @ 09/16/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
it's definitely not the real Cavs announcer. I live in Cleveland, so I know what the real in-stadium announcer sounds like (his name's Ahmad Crump - he's pretty well-known in Cleveland). I know 2k has strong attention to detail, but I wouldn't expect them to record the real announcers for each individual stadium. i imagine in 2k15 every stadium has the same generic announcer voice...which is fine with me - i'd rather them use the space for more animations and gameplay than take up a bunch of space by including sound files for every announcer in the league...

plus...what if a player changes teams? then there won't be an existing sound file of the new city's announcer saying that player's name (so you'd have to have EVERY announcer in the league re-record the audio every year to account for new players added to the team...and if they get traded mid-season, it won't matter anyway. haha. better just to have a generic announcer voice for every stadium.
Different scenario, but that reminds me of 2K's in the mid-00's that had some custom Pistons PA sounds. For instance, they had a "Chauncey B-B-B-Billups" that sounded very Mason-like. And when he got traded, I think it went back to a standard "Chauncey Billups" call. Does 2K still have some signature PA sounds after player scores? Those were great (and the free throw sound fx, though they always had the wrong one for Detroit).

# 111 23 @ 09/16/14 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I bet most people would skip over it. I know most online people would. They don't even care about starting lineups...they just press right away and jump ahead every time.
That's one reason the intros aren't there every single game

# 112 Mr.Zip @ 09/16/14 03:35 PM
can someone confirm that we get this presentation online?? Thats Dope!!

# 113 Gramps91 @ 09/16/14 03:36 PM
Nice! Love that we have player introductions back.

# 114 Mintsa @ 09/16/14 03:47 PM
WOW !!!! I'm have flashbacks of sega dreamcast. I've waited literally over 10 years for intros to return.

AMAZING VIDEO !!! Very happy !

# 115 life4eva @ 09/16/14 03:47 PM
Looks horrible, who's idea was it to use that low angle fisheye type look. Looks like bad dslr footage.........

This is how Intro camera angles should look, from the best intro ever for any teams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6kiimEsYc

# 116 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/14 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
KD #2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just joking about how KD said he's sick of being #2 lol

# 117 ffaacc03 @ 09/16/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by life4eva
Looks horrible, who's idea was it to use that low angle fisheye type look. Looks like bad dslr footage.........

This is how Intro camera angles should look, from the best intro ever for any teams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn6kiimEsYc
As much as I agree that this is the best intro ever, I would rather the intros have dynamic camera angles instead of just this camera angle, to avoid stagnation and repetitiveness ... hopefully nwe arent limited to that lone low camera angle that we were shown.

# 118 AceDawg5 @ 09/16/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Perhaps my memory fails me. It seems like The Palace was a majority rise thing for most of my years being there. Once they finally abandoned the flame throwers and whatnot though, I think things have tempered a little. Perhaps Detroit's intros were just able to creep into the elite for a while there, amongst the Chicago Bulls intros of the world.
At Bulls' games the entire crowd is standing during the lineups because the national anthem is sang right before. Some sit, most remain standing tho. Especially once that vintage Bulls intro hits

# 119 j3nkins29 @ 09/16/14 04:17 PM
Very dope. As others have said this would be even more amazing if we could add custom arena music. I was hoping I would not have to play another year of 2k without my custom music. I have hundreds of songs and have made even more in hopes that the custom arena music would be back in 2k15. Hopefully if Sony adds mp3 support in the next big firmware update, 2K can then patch it in later.

# 120 AceDawg5 @ 09/16/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Does he?

I'll give it a try tonight. It should be noted
Make sure u add that crowd noise should vary in the playoffs as well. Big time late game shot = roof comes off the place. Not just 12 ppl clapping

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.