Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer titled, The Land, featuring an inside look at the player introductions of the new look Cleveland Cavaliers.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 rspencer86 @ 09/16/14 04:23 PM
As others have said, this just makes me miss custom arena sounds even more.

I've been tweeting @Playstation tweets with nothing but #PS4MP3Support over and over, once or twice a week for a while now. I'm sure this has motivated them

# 122 AceDawg5 @ 09/16/14 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
it's definitely not the real Cavs announcer. I live in Cleveland, so I know what the real in-stadium announcer sounds like (his name's Ahmad Crump - he's pretty well-known in Cleveland).

I know 2k has strong attention to detail, but I wouldn't expect them to record the real announcers for each individual stadium. i imagine in 2k15 every stadium has the same generic announcer voice...which is fine with me - i'd rather them use the megabytes for animations and gameplay than waste it on including sound files for every announcer in the league...

plus...what if a player changes teams? then there won't be an existing sound file of the new city's announcer saying that player's name (so you'd have to have EVERY announcer in the league re-record the audio every year to account for new players added to their team...and if a player gets traded mid-season, it won't matter anyway. it's way too huge of an undertaking to have real stadium-specific announcers.
2k has had arena specific P.A. announcements before. Go back to 2k14 and pay attention at a Heat game. Make enough shots with Chris Bosh and u will hear the Raptors announcer call him "CB4". This is true for Kobe and Andrew Bynum as well. The monotone Lakers announcer says their name sometimes after a made basket. The audio is low but it's definitely in there

# 123 cmac2k13 @ 09/16/14 04:28 PM
"HE'S starting at guard ..."

Really 2K? No PA announcer says that. Sounds really stupid.

# 124 Turbojugend @ 09/16/14 04:44 PM
Man, now I wish the Flint Tropics were in this game, with Will Ferrell announcing:

"He's from a strange country called Lithuania, he's ugly as…"

# 125 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/14 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2k13
"HE'S starting at guard ..."

Really 2K? No PA announcer says that. Sounds really stupid.

That's exactly what I said. It's going to bug the living **** out of me.

# 126 Colts18 @ 09/16/14 04:54 PM
It is funny that people have been asking for this for 12 years. Since 2K2

# 127 turrisi2 @ 09/16/14 04:54 PM
This is great. I've wanted this for years.

2 things:
- The crowd should be more involved. When a big name is about to come up in the lineup, the crowd should go nuts. The crowd sounded pretty tame the entire time.
- Also, in MyLeague, you should be able to customize and make your own team intros with effects, etc.

# 128 zonadrk @ 09/16/14 05:05 PM
GOOSEBUMPS! So glad this is back!!! Thanks VDusen04 for the old school vid!

# 129 Saro1 @ 09/16/14 06:32 PM
I hope there are different introductions for all the teams.

# 130 da ThRONe @ 09/16/14 06:32 PM
That's a really nice touch of some much needed realism to the game.

I am a little concern about if this works as well once players are traded. If the game makes the necessary updates this could be something I don't skip and watch all the time. Which is saying a lot!

# 131 BluFu @ 09/16/14 06:36 PM
what kind of intros do we get for created players?

# 132 TheRealMrRager_ @ 09/16/14 06:36 PM
For KD to be the Cover athlete, he's not getting much love.. All I'm seeing is Cavs Cavs Cavs.
#YourTimeHasntCome

# 133 youvalss @ 09/16/14 06:40 PM
Back to the PS2 happy days. AWESOME!!!

# 134 MarkWilliam @ 09/16/14 06:51 PM
Great to see these back - and looking great!

Sad they didn't do the away team aswell - I love marching into hostile territory and seeing my gun players introduced (original 2K style)!!

EDIT: Would've been nice to see the coach introduced at the end.....

# 135 KyotoCarl @ 09/16/14 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
While the intros, cool as they are, have some flaws, I bet they'll be a lot better with the commentary crew talking over it and with broadcast graphics splashed here and there.
I don't think the broadcast crew will talking over it considering that would take away from the wow factor. Besides, they don't talk over it in real broadcasts either.

# 136 KyotoCarl @ 09/16/14 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Great to see these back - and looking great!

Sad they didn't do the away team aswell - I love marching into hostile territory and seeing my gun players introduced (original 2K style)!!

EDIT: Would've been nice to see the coach introduced at the end.....
That wouldn't have made much of trailer hearing the away team's intro. Wouldn't have made much of an impact.

# 137 Guapo516 @ 09/16/14 07:32 PM
On the fence about it

# 138 Dmanning2 @ 09/16/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrRager_
For KD to be the Cover athlete, he's not getting much love.. All I'm seeing is Cavs Cavs Cavs.
#YourTimeHasntCome
LD2k said
LeBron asked ronnie for a trailer to release that's why. LeBron wanted to be involved lol.

# 139 Sports fanantic @ 09/16/14 07:41 PM
I hope these are only during special events like Opening night (home opener), All-Star Games,and playoffs

# 140 24ct @ 09/16/14 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
I hope these are only during special events like Opening night (home opener), All-Star Games,and playoffs
Random would be nice just so it wont get too repetetive
I wish they could have the real artists videos before mixed with the highlights like in Jay-Z 2K lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.