Home
Front Page Sports Football News Post

Front Page Sports Football is set to release on September 25th for PC gamers on Steam. For those that missed the first announcement in early August, don't be mistaken, this isn't a remake of the Sierra Online versions many of us played in the 90's.

Here are some of the features and new screenshots. For more, visit the official website.
  • One of the most advanced management game on PC for US Football
  • Powerful tactics edition tool: More than 2 300 plays available!
  • Revival of a mythical video game from the 90’s
  • Games replayable in 2D and 3D
  • A wide range of statistics to analyze
Read the full press release below.

The most iconic name in Football sims, Front Page Sports Football, is warmed up and taking to the field September 25, and today we offer you a quick look at how to plan and execute your strategy for a game using Gameplan and Playbook.

Front Page Sports Football allows you to prepare for your next opponent in two ways; delving through a team or individual player's stats, such as rushing and passing and much more; and by watching your opponents' previous games in 2D or 3D to get inside their tactics.

Armed with this knowledge, you can customize your Gameplan with plays to hammer at your opponent's weakness. On the field, your players will choose the best play for the situation from the Gameplan, but the best coaches know how to adapt, changing the Gameplan on the fly to maximize an advantage or respond to a crisis.

Your Playbook is a handpicked collection of 80 offensive and 60 defensive strategies drawn from over 2,300 plays. But, a play is only as strong as the athletes on the field. Effectiveness hinges not only on a player's position and stats, but also his previous experience with the play.

Each player has over 20 stats capable of influencing plays and the overall gameplan, including weight, agility, speed, morale, and even fame. Of course, proper training is critical, and it's up to you whether you push for quick and short-lived gains for the next game, or focus on developing better overall players for the seasons to come.

Front Page Sports Football screenshot gallery - Click to view Front Page Sports Football screenshot gallery - Click to view Front Page Sports Football screenshot gallery - Click to view Front Page Sports Football screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Front Page Sports FootballHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 braves_94 @ 09/16/14 03:13 PM
So that's what players on a video game are supposed to look like, to scale, of a football field...

# 2 boxboy99 @ 09/16/14 04:41 PM
I wish there was more info on this game. Reading the info on the game, it appears this maybe an online only game? Also, it appears the game can only be play through game planning and then watching the game? I would be interested if it was like the old FPS games where you call plays as the coach. Big bonus if it could do that and is multiplayer.

# 3 tarek @ 09/16/14 08:54 PM
This looks really interesting! As a big sports management fan, if this game can show glimpses of potential and compete for my time against Football Manager and OOTP, then it's a winner.

Can't help but notice that it isn't licensed, so all fictional teams and I assume players, so hopefully there will be a community (or even the developers) built up that will release real NFL roster/team files.

# 4 kcsam @ 09/16/14 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I wish there was more info on this game. Reading the info on the game, it appears this maybe an online only game? Also, it appears the game can only be play through game planning and then watching the game? I would be interested if it was like the old FPS games where you call plays as the coach. Big bonus if it could do that and is multiplayer.
It says you can watch replays of games. I'm like you, I want to be able to play as a coach and call plays. I'd love to be able to do so and see the game play out in front me. Not really interested in replays of games after I know the outcome or simply to study my opponent.

# 5 GlennN @ 09/17/14 10:26 AM
Yeah, the info is a bit sparse. Can you edit/create plays like in FBPRO? Can you actually "play" the game as you could in FBPRO? This concept is incredibly exciting since FBPRO is my favorite football game of all time (and one of my favorite overall sports games).

# 6 bballshawn24 @ 09/19/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
I remember seeing Football Manager 2014 and wishing someone would do something similar for American Pro Football or College Football. Not interested in Soccer but that game (Football Manager 2014) just looks awesome. I hope we get some more info about the game.
Would really love to see them acquire the NFL and Players rights to include them in the game because there is nothing on the PC for Pro Football Fans or at least make it fully customizable.
football manager 13 is better than 14 btw

# 7 mcm_2008 @ 11/10/14 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Yeah, the info is a bit sparse. Can you edit/create plays like in FBPRO? Can you actually "play" the game as you could in FBPRO? This concept is incredibly exciting since FBPRO is my favorite football game of all time (and one of my favorite overall sports games).

I love FBPRO too. I'm getting started with '98. Not quite as intuitive as the first few, but still good. Hopefully this title will deliver.

# 8 mvb34 @ 01/29/15 02:35 PM
Has anybody giving this game a shot? I see its $9.99 for a week...

# 9 sadams33 @ 01/29/15 03:02 PM
It's not good check out the reviews on steam too many bugs the you are supposed to be able to switch between 2d and 3d mode and 3d mode doesn't work

# 10 ktel @ 01/30/15 10:03 AM
Bundle Stars is currently selling this game as part of a bundle for only $1.99. Unfortunately, I can't post the link due to my low post count. I purchased it, but have not had the chance to try it.

# 11 NINJAK2 @ 06/17/15 08:00 PM
I just purchased this yesterday. Fully customizable so you can change team/player names to reflect nfl. I have not been able to get 3d mode to work which is a bummer. My laptop can run games like company of heroes and Medieval Total war 2 which look way more graphically demanding than this game in 3d but the issue could be my laptop.

# 12 TCFClemson @ 06/18/15 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I just purchased this yesterday. Fully customizable so you can change team/player names to reflect nfl. I have not been able to get 3d mode to work which is a bummer. My laptop can run games like company of heroes and Medieval Total war 2 which look way more graphically demanding than this game in 3d but the issue could be my laptop.
Other than lack of 3d how is it?

# 13 NINJAK2 @ 06/18/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
Other than lack of 3d how is it?
Alot of freezes and lock ups so far TCF. Glitches all over the place even after patches. Calling timeouts sometimes causes live gameplay to lag or even jump ahead a play or two. Sometimes even causes plays to disappear from the playbook screen but you're still expected to call a play?!?! Right now I have to say this game isn't even worth the $1.99 it's going for on Steam and they should really consider pulling it. Again it could be my laptop that's the problem but too many others were having similar problems..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.