Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

It looks like 2K Sports will have a face scanning solution similar to EA's Game Face technology. Users will be able to scan their face into the game with their Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles.

Users can play NBA 2K15 with a player face that looks just like them. Check out the video at KTVU.

UPDATE: Ronnie has chimed in on Twitter. Looks like we'll see more soon.

Quote:
Yes FaceScan is in #NBA2K15 for MyCAREER/MyGM. Wait until we show you 2 videos today.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 da ThRONe @ 09/18/14 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
I have no dog in the fight. I HAVE NO DOG IN THE FIGHT. I HAVE NO DOG IN THE FIGHT

woof woof

You come across as a yappy dog most of the time. It's not a good look if you wanna stick around these parts.
The fact is I've been "around these parts" for some time now already. So I'll continue to express my opinions regardless of how it comes across to you.

Maybe instead of trying to police my post you should worry about your own?

# 222 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/14 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick4realz
Took me a second to get that. That's just wrong.

# 223 23 @ 09/18/14 12:39 AM
The more I look at it, the more I feel like this kind of technology is pretty impressive. Tons and tons of fans get to be in the game literally and for a console this is some nex gen technology

# 224 hristi @ 09/18/14 01:16 AM
Console exclusive? Bummer.

# 225 I Djm @ 09/18/14 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The more I look at it, the more I feel like this kind of technology is pretty impressive. Tons and tons of fans get to be in the game literally and for a console this is some nex gen technology
What else do you consider next gen technology i hear so many throw that around but never elaborate

# 226 JBulls @ 09/18/14 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UravenzownU
Someones gonna have to take one for the team and sculpt missing legends and draft classes
To the Wax Museum!

# 227 vick4realz @ 09/18/14 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Took me a second to get that. That's just wrong.
Lmao, I was wondering if ppl would get the joke

# 228 23 @ 09/18/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
What else do you consider next gen technology i hear so many throw that around but never elaborate
Speaking on this technology it enhances the experience for the user in a way as well as add something that wasn't possible on this level with the old consoles.

# 229 blues rocker @ 09/18/14 11:00 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the "face scan fails." I can only imagine the crazy stuff people are going to try to scan (trying to scan their dogs, or wearing masks or making goofy faces during the scan). there are going to be some freaky, messed up face scans out there. i can see it becoming a meme...people posting their hilariously bad face scan fails all over the internet.

which leads me to a question...if you make a wacky face or expression, will the scan pick it up accurately? I want my player to be permanently mean mugging - he's gonna be giving people the death stare at all times. haha.

# 230 Boilerbuzz @ 09/18/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the "face scan fails." I can only imagine the crazy stuff people are going to try to scan (trying to scan their dogs, or wearing masks or making goofy faces during the scan). there are going to be some freaky, messed up face scans out there. i can see it becoming a meme...people posting their hilariously bad face scan fails all over the internet.

which lead me to a question...if you make a wacky face or expression, will the scan pick it up accurately? I want my player to be permanently mean mugging - he's gonna be giving people the death stare at all times. haha.
May as well get a sticky thread started. Mass hilarity to ensue.

# 231 blues rocker @ 09/18/14 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
May as well get a sticky thread started. Mass hilarity to ensue.
for real. some of these face scans are going to be hilarious...or just hilariously grotesque (because someone tried to do something crazy like paint their face or wear a clown nose during the scan).

# 232 TalenT @ 09/18/14 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Lol That's funny because I was REALLY close to putting up a pic similar to this on my post. Well done.

On topic though...The possibilities with this are almost limitless. You just KNOW some clown is gonna scan his dog or some ish. LOL

# 233 23 @ 09/18/14 11:40 AM
You can't Scan animals or crazy objects or body parts

# 234 Clappington @ 09/18/14 11:43 AM
I could see people putting makeup on maybe like a clown face or something? lmao maybe even the sloth from the goonies. Lol I dont know if thats possible but it would get real ugly seeing someone like this.

# 235 TalenT @ 09/18/14 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not gonna stop people from trying. Lol

# 236 HowDareI @ 09/18/14 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Some of these people look like animals, can you imagine the heartbreak when a dude goes to scan his face and the game says "human faces only" lolol

# 237 HealyMonster @ 09/18/14 01:02 PM
Is this what Ronnie thought was going to "break the Internet" or has whatever he meant by that not been announced yet? This def isn't something that's going to do much nj terms of hype for the game. It's cool, but let's keep it in perspective here

# 238 Clappington @ 09/18/14 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Is this what Ronnie thought was going to "break the Internet" or has whatever he meant by that not been announced yet? This def isn't something that's going to do much nj terms of hype for the game. It's cool, but let's keep it in perspective here
If they woulda announced something else 1st aka " new game mode" for myplayer I think couple more people woulda been hyped for it.

# 239 Afro_Explosion @ 09/18/14 08:03 PM
Did anyone else see the favorite team option in some youtuber facescans?

# 240 Superman38134 @ 09/18/14 08:21 PM
Went out and bought me ps4 camera last night. Just gotta get this off my chest, but um... WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO 3D MAP USERS FACES INTO THE GAME BUT CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT UNIFORM SELECTION INTO MYPLAYER?? REALLY??

With that being said, can't wait to use this. Wonder what happens of I scan my 6 month old son's face

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.