Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NLSC has posted episode 95 of their podcast, this week features the return of Leftos to the show with a goldmine of information! In depth info on MyGM and MyLEAGUE as well as insights on what it's been like to work on the NBA 2K development team.

Some key points within the podcast include:
  • New pro scouting feature.
  • How the progression system has been changed.
  • A new in-season training system in MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
  • No more CPU Position Stacking.
  • Storylines for draft picks in MyLEAGUE and MyGM.
  • A number of legacy issues related to free agency fixed.
Official Description text: "Leftos was also able to give us a great deal of information on MyGM and MyLEAGUE in NBA 2K15, expanding on some recent blogs and interviews, and letting us know about a few things that haven’t been talked about too much. In addition to explaining the basic features and differences between the two modes, Leftos gives us some in-depth insight into player progression and regression, the injury system, customisation options, and much, much more."

The podcast is a weighty 2.5 hour listen, but it's definitely worth it if you want in-depth info on this year's game.

Listen to the podcast at the NLSC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 The Kid 24 @ 09/17/14 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Yes, of course.
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the #s Marcus Paige and others have in the simulations!

# 42 the_future420 @ 09/17/14 04:59 PM
I was already gonna get this game, but I don't know how anybody can listen to this podcast and not be pumped to play this game. Excellent stuff here!!

EDIT: Oh snaps the in-season training seems so in depth. So many layers of strategy just regarding practice. We talking about practice!

# 43 23 @ 09/17/14 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I want all the devs to follow Davez and use the new facescan as an avatar. I want to see virtual Czar with the whole get up...
He was in 14

# 44 DMTS @ 09/17/14 05:25 PM
Will generated draft classes have different looking cyber faces? I feel as if everyone looked similar in old ones. (2k13, 2k14 had preset faces so not counting that)

# 45 Leftos @ 09/17/14 05:28 PM
Yes, we're utilizing the new CAP sculpting system to create random faces that are unique enough but still without weird extreme features.

# 46 Taer @ 09/17/14 05:33 PM
Leftos,

Your passion and dedication has been one of the main reasons my enthusiasm for 2K has been renewed. Thank you. I am very exited and looking forward to experiencing MyLeague and MyGM this year.

Would you be able to speak on if any of these awesome improvements also apply to MyCareer, such as the injuries, the anti-position stacking ai and training?

Again, thank you.

# 47 Leftos @ 09/17/14 05:37 PM
The injuries system works across the game, as well as team-building fixes and improvements. In-season training isn't in MyCAREER, but our improvements to off-season progression and its balancing apply to MyCAREER as well.

# 48 Leftos @ 09/17/14 05:45 PM
Don't hate. Ain't nothing extreme about that.

# 49 Rasco11 @ 09/17/14 05:50 PM
Quote:
Don't hate. Ain't nothing extreme about that.
Just a joke. No offense intended.

# 50 The Kid 24 @ 09/17/14 05:57 PM
Quote:
Yes, we're utilizing the new CAP sculpting system to create random faces that are unique enough but still without weird extreme features.
So it sounds like roster makers will be able to make some realistic looking prospects for custom classes?

# 51 Leftos @ 09/17/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
So it sounds like roster makers will be able to make some realistic looking prospects for custom classes?
They can use all the sculpting features, so I can't wait to see what they do with it!

# 52 Rasco11 @ 09/17/14 06:02 PM
Leftos

Big thanks for all your hard work on 2K, and just as important; thanks for continuing to be a tree branch for OS'ers. Much appreciated!

I'm going to delete my caveman post...I meant it in a light hearted manner, but can see how it could be misinterpreted now (that's the one thing the internet cannot convey properly).

# 53 23 @ 09/17/14 06:02 PM
When do we get to hear about this CAP feature in depth

# 54 Junior Moe @ 09/17/14 06:07 PM
Man, all I can say is WOW! Please just stop now. This 3 week wait just got more agonizing. I just listened to a 2 hour podcast and enjoyed every freaking minute of it. Outside of the NBDL and Euroleague being incorporated into the mode, I cant think of a single thing I could want from an Association mode. The depth and detail is just unreal.

I love the fact that Leftos decided not to compromise on the injuries because the numbers we're "true to life". I love the notion of older players physically declining, but being more fundamentally sound than their younger selves. Absolutely love it!

I know you guys (along with the other devs) put just as much work into the rest of the game. Unfortunately I won't be able to experience them because I will be waist deep in the MyLeague/MyGM modes until 2K16. Come on October 7!

# 55 Goffs @ 09/17/14 06:08 PM
Quote:
They can use all the sculpting features, so I can't wait to see what they do with it!
We can also add the missing legends for the classic teams correct? I can't wait to try out the new CAP.

# 56 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/17/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
That's exciting . It would've been nice to scan a picture of some players from the 90s but this works .

# 57 KyotoCarl @ 09/17/14 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Leftos, will we be able to do cross game saves this year or in the future? The ability to save our progress in MyLeague and MyGM and bring it over to the next version of the game. NBA 2K15 has so much to do, its like you have to choose one or two modes to really get into because to time restraints.

For example, I will be playing MyLeague and MyGM mainly, but I also want to play MyCareer and maybe even some MyTeam. What ends up happening every year is that I end up dropping my Association for quick, fun satisfactory modes like MyPlayer and Online modes because The Association feels like a daunting task that I will never be able to complete. Having cross game saves will encourage me and I think others too, to stick it out for the long run.
Even though I'm not involved in the development of the game I can pretty much guarantee that this won't be in the game.
MyLeague, MyGm and MyCareer will be three separate modes that won't cross over.

# 58 cody.morgan24 @ 09/17/14 06:13 PM
Leftos will you be able use custom rosters and sliders for mycareer mode?

# 59 Cowboy008 @ 09/17/14 06:40 PM
When you are in Myleague will you be able to talk with players or is the conversations only in MyGM?

# 60 Anthony292 @ 09/17/14 06:40 PM
I'm still watching the podcast, but can you create a player and add badges to him?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.