Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As mentioned earlier this morning, NBA 2K15 will allow Xbox One (with Kinect) and PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation 4 camera) gamers to scan their faces into the game. These can be used in MyCAREER and MyGM modes.

Check out the video to see how it works.

UPDATE: You can re-face scan at any point as you wish. Grow a beard? Have a nice goatee? Get a shiner? All up to you. Will update on spot.

If you are looking for a PlayStation 4 camera, they are on sale for $40.21.

Check out the official press release below.

2K today revealed all-new, in-game face scan technology for next gen consoles that enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never before. Players can scan their face into NBA 2K15 directly through native, first-party camera hardware, allowing them to take customization to a new level for their MyPlayer. Now players can see themselves live the life of an NBA athlete in MyCareer mode and play alongside familiar faces online in multiplayer gameplay modes. With 2K’s facial scanning technology, NBA 2K15 will be the first game on next gen consoles to allow players to create a true, 3D representation of their face.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Melbournelad @ 09/18/14 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadley
Poor Console-Peasants. With UBR you can play any Season from like 1970 - 2014 with all Draftclasses. Console-Peasants don't even have all Classic-Teams.
Why so mad?

# 82 Cabish @ 09/18/14 08:10 AM
Very big feature !!! And needs to be advertised in television commercials

# 83 Cabish @ 09/18/14 08:18 AM
I'm just waiting to hear , first person basketball announced and cribs lmaoooooo!!! And the towel will be thrown in--2k if ur listening ! Don't do this or you guys will ruin my life..I will not be able to put the controller down

I would like them to add the nba rulebook and jargon manual like they did in nfl2k5,that explains every rule and every play and diagram shot the NFL and playing nfl2k5-I bet no one remembers or liked at this,I appreciated that very much,I wish they would have these things as a quiz question in the load screens and just at random times when playing

# 84 Pared @ 09/18/14 08:42 AM
Wonder if your player model will actually move their mouths. That would detract from this a bit if it didn't.

# 85 yonmilner @ 09/18/14 08:43 AM
great new feature and important step in the serie for custom rosters.
But, I have some questions:

-¿we can do this in a normal created player and add in to any team of the roster?

-¿it´s possible to do this just using a front view picture and a side view picture of a player (reggie miller, barkley, webber...)?

-¿nba 2k15 will have a robust feature to create a team too?

# 86 GehhNinja @ 09/18/14 09:05 AM
finally... EA had that for quite some time

# 87 WaddupCouzin @ 09/18/14 09:28 AM
Any MyPlayer type mode whether it's football, baseball, hockey, if it doesn't use this type of technology is going to seem antiquated!

Yes, I know EA had cyberscan, but not to this level. This is reminiscent to when EA came out with 20 signature shots in Live 2007 and 2K8 came out with everyone having their signature shots! They didn't originate it but they took it to another level!

# 88 yaboythecib @ 09/18/14 09:36 AM
I can careless about this feature I don't play my player or career or what every u call it... all I want is to be able to do it do fantasy association. customize my Kicks. Edit accessories & Gear... This other Garbage in irrelevant to me...

# 89 23 @ 09/18/14 09:54 AM
It's not garbage because you don't play it.

Cmon man

# 90 I Djm @ 09/18/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It's not garbage because you don't play it.

Cmon man
Cmon 23 you know how the internet goes.

# 91 Cryolemon @ 09/18/14 10:34 AM
Would be interested in how it handles glasses (not well, presumably, but as long as you can add them as an accessory that wouldn't be an issue).

# 92 Jakeness23 @ 09/18/14 10:43 AM
I've been clamoring for the ability to edit actual players hair and facial hair, etc., this feature kind of gives me hope for that, since we will be using in-game haircuts. If they're doing that for us, surely they can do that for them as well. Facial hair may be a bit more difficult, but if they can get the shape of their (and our) faces, then surely they can go in and edit out all of their hair, and then add it in later to make it editable.

I'm really excited for this feature honestly and even more excited about how far it can go in the future.

I'll be interested in seeing how many people try to scan pictures for legends or guys that are in college right now. If it works, cool... but I'm not so sure it will, especially since you have to turn your head.

# 93 City_foxx @ 09/18/14 07:57 PM
Any one have miller or barkley bobble heads? In theroy this would work but the result may be a bit .....Cartoonish

# 94 swaggedout @ 09/18/14 09:05 PM
If you scan for my gm, will you be the Gm or can you be a player? Last year your my player was also the gm.

# 95 City_foxx @ 09/18/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
If you scan for my gm, will you be the Gm or can you be a player? Last year your my player was also the gm.
This brings up another issue i had with '14 all my players had the same face, i had to go to features to change the look every time i wanted to switch from my larry bird sf to my shaq c or my rodman pf ect ect.

# 96 Clappington @ 09/19/14 12:21 AM
Also I dont know this so im asking does it scan your facial hair? I believe someone said they did but then soemone else said they dont.

# 97 miloszowen @ 09/19/14 01:50 AM
Face scan shows how good will be player creator in this year;d My dream is every player from draft looks different. Can I get in this year? What we knows about tattoos?

# 98 canucksss @ 09/19/14 11:17 AM
I dont know if this was posted in this thread but I did in another but just in case you missed it. Anyone who are now planning to buy PS4 cam, here's the best deal, for only less than $45 (incl. Wash. state tax). I am picking it up today

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio...ion-4/28802343

# 99 lathrowback @ 09/19/14 01:40 PM
$40.21 @ Amazon.com
Playstation 4 Camera by Sony Computer Entertainment http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGAA3S2/...=operasport-20

# 100 berenjena @ 09/19/14 09:06 PM
Wait? so you can't scan yourself in regular Create-A-Player? wow...my hype for it is Zero now.

I wanted to make a team of only my friends

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.