Home
FIFA 15 News Post

Early access to FIFA 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers with a six hour gameplay limit.

As most of you are already aware, this includes time spent in the menus as well. So make sure you close out of the game and the app to be sure the timer stops.

Play a few matches and post your impressions.

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BL8001 @ 09/18/14 11:53 PM
The 6 hour thing has an opposite effect on me.
I just played for an hour and shut it off.

The game is great and fun. I just hate the fact a timer is running and I can't do things like look at kits or browse the catalog without feeling like I am wasting time.

Only things I am not on board with are the controller feels sluggish. The same things I could do simply in fifa 14 and in the 15 demo are laborious now. It doesn't feel like the momentum is op. It just feels like the controller input to player action is numbed.

And shooting, I was fine in 14 and in the 15 demo. This thing is a different beast now. I just missed 8 sitters, breakaway or 1-1 situations on pro.

I like how the cpu battles and if they had a 4.5 speed the user didn't in the demo it's now a 4.8 speed.

1 walk
2 trot
3 jog
4 run
5 sprint

The cpu will make mistakes like a human which is really cool. They will also allow balls to bounce which is a terrific new thing in fifa.

Player pressure with RB is damn near perfect. It's just like I wanted when I talked about the demo's rb issues. Now a bad defender under rb use stays back and zones, a good defender will get in tight and may actually win the ball.

There are so many great things going on, 6 hour limit is pissing me off.

# 42 Gnemi @ 09/19/14 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
The 6 hour thing has an opposite effect on me.

I just played for an hour and shut it off.

The game is great and fun. I just hate the fact a timer is running and I can't do things like look at kits or browse the catalog without feeling like I am wasting time.

Only things I am not on board with are the controller feels sluggish. The same things I could do simply in fifa 14 and in the 15 demo are laborious now. It doesn't feel like the momentum is op. It just feels like the controller input to player action is numbed.

And shooting, I was fine in 14 and in the 15 demo. This thing is a different beast now. I just missed 8 sitters, breakaway or 1-1 situations on pro.

I like how the cpu battles and if they had a 4.5 speed the user didn't in the demo it's now a 4.8 speed.

1 walk

2 trot

3 jog

4 run

5 sprint

The cpu will make mistakes like a human which is really cool. They will also allow balls to bounce which is a terrific new thing in fifa.

Player pressure with RB is damn near perfect. It's just like I wanted when I talked about the demo's rb issues. Now a bad defender under rb use stays back and zones, a good defender will get in tight and may actually win the ball.

There are so many great things going on, 6 hour limit is pissing me off.

So overall it sounds like you're saying it's much better/different than the demo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 aTTckr @ 09/19/14 07:25 AM
Are there any new stadiums in 15 other than the new Premier League ones?

# 44 kwebbvols4423 @ 09/19/14 07:27 AM
I am really enjoying this. Also, I really love the kinect features for Xbox one. I am enjoying making my subs that way by saying the names.

# 45 BL8001 @ 09/19/14 07:32 AM
Arrggghhhh!

I just typed up a novel about FiFa 15 and my internet hiccuped and all of it went away.

Sadness.

I will type it up again when I get to work. Drat.

# 46 freeworldboss @ 09/19/14 08:21 AM
For those that tried CM anyone know the transfer fees of Cavani, Vidal, Pogba, Varane?

I'll be going for those in my Arsenal CM (Pogba OR Vidao fyi)

# 47 ezio @ 09/19/14 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I wasted about 5.5 hours of my 6 last night playing various matches. The 6 hour limit thing is total crap, I hate the feeling of being handcuffed by a dumb, arbitrary number that some twats at EA conjured up.

Thoughts:
-On pro the CPU is no joke. They tackle exceptionally well, and are plain and simply better athletes than my players. They mark like their lives depend on it and they make runs to get into goal scoring situations that I could only dream of.
-Newcastle throttled me at St. Mary's to the tune of 7-nil. Jack Colback scoring a red headed brace. I had no answer for them.
-I turn around the next match and draw the Hammers 0-0 at Boylean Ground with Everton.
-Slider changes in store.
-Dropped CPU Marking to 40, that opened things up nicely. They were far less twatish. Also dropped CPU acceleration to 48. Again, really improved things. Human Power Bar=44. Pass Speed on both=54
-Played the Madrid derby, won at Atletico 2-1. The game is starting to become fun again. Kroos banged home a nice long range effort against the run of play.
-Played the North London derby. Arsenal took the early lead on a 2' Welbeck goal. I countered minutes later to draw it even on a nice Eriksen strike from the top of the box. Ended up drilling the scum 4-1. Need to re-evaluate my slider changes. Thinking that CPU marking needs to go to 45.
-I have literally punted the ball with a keeper maybe 4 times in 5.5 hours of matches. My Human keeper simply never has the ball in his gloves.
-Goal kicks don't nearly go far enough. Not enough power on them.
Do you feel that teams play differently or is that going to require custom tactics again?

Thanks.

# 48 Rangerneb @ 09/19/14 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
Yep. Fouls are being called and it is awesome.

I just don't understand how this game can be so fun and all of the other sports releases are turds.

Just a flat out fun experience.
I am with you. As a long time Madden player, last year was the first year where I played FIFA more. I haven't looked back since.

# 49 Resurrection403 @ 09/19/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
I've yet to see any of the goalline technology in Prem matches.

I've played probably 10 prem matchups and haven't had one instance of Goalline tech being used.
thats weird i had one in the demo

# 50 ezio @ 09/19/14 09:55 AM
Quote:
Difficult to tell so far because I've played some matches against teams that I'm not entirely familiar with.

If I were going to make a early opinion I would say that teams don't play enough to their real life style. West Ham seemed to play a few long balls, but not what I would expect from Big Sam's "hoof it up the channel" style.

The arsenal scum won the possession battle 55-45% vs my Spurs at WHL. They passed the ball and held possession fairly well.

I will say that I enjoy seeing the CPU adjust their style of play in the final 20'. With a lead the CPU will put additional men behind the ball and start to just bomb it up the field. I can regroup and advance toward the final third without as much pressure from the CPU mids, but cracking into the box is much more difficult when they are packed in.
Ok thank you. It doesn't sound too bad. I know we can change things with the tactics and the individual assignments but I still don't think we should have to do that. It should be done already especially for the bigger leagues/teams IMO. At least they change tactics now which is a plus.

# 51 Gnemi @ 09/19/14 09:58 AM
Seems safe to assume I can stop playing the demo until the retail release...

# 52 BL8001 @ 09/19/14 10:19 AM
I played 5 matches.

Skipped the man city liverpool startup match and went right into the main menu.

Then Kickoff, picked me as Man Utd and went to Villa park.

The game starts by telling me do I want dynamic difficulty? I say why yes of course. Game looks beautiful and the prem stuff is quality.

Game begins and its pretty balanced, definitely different than the demo. RB contain works again and I double teamed the CPU, won the ball, slotted it wide, brought it over the half line, passed inside to Rooney who dumped it off to Di Maria who then passed it wide, crossed in to the box and Di Maria had made a splendid run and nods it in for the 1 nil lead.

Then the game decided oh you think you are pretty good don't you?

Suddenly Villa was faster to every ball and crisper in their tackles. The game completely turned with Villa now dominating and Man U on their heels. I defended tooth and nail for the next 60 minutes and then Villa broke out on the wing, early cross, slot it in near the top of the box, the guy fakes my CB and bangs home the equalizer.

Whoa. CPU has never done that to me before, ever.

Then it gets a little more balanced again and Man U threatens twice but nothing comes of it. Villa is sitting back looking for the draw. The ball stays in their half, but then I had to pass back to my CB because villa was so compressed. There was space so I ran into it and passed out to my RM. He lost his mind and basically ran away from the ball. The CPU LB ran up and got the loose ball and because my CB had not gotten back into position I was exposed. The LB hit the CM who then chucked a perfect through ball out to the ST on the counter. my LB was the closest to the play but chasing. I ran down the ST but not before he unleashed a shot from the top of the box that found the net.

2-1 Villa. Park the bus of course. I pretty much live in their penalty area for the rest of the match and in the 90th I grab the equalizer. Some class moves by Di Maria, pass to Rooney, cracks a shot, keeper parries to the feet of RVP who bangs home the goal. Tie. It asks me what I want to do post 90 minutes and I pick Draw.

The game pops up a screen and suggests I play on Semi Pro. Huh? Ok whatever.

So the next game I go in as me, Stuttgart vs Werder.

Diff camera angle and rain. This is how you make a game EA. Vary the conditions constantly. So far so good.

I take the CPU's heed and allow the change to Semi Pro. Game was fun and the CPU still had some bite but it wasn't the same as PRO. I won 1-0 on a really nice looking goal. The game just looks tremendous. Problem with that match is the CPU had 0 shots. So CPU you are wrong, Semi Pro is not my level.

Then it occurred to me. The Beginner difficulty level addition has made a huge change to this game.
15 Beginner is 14 Am
15 Am is 14 Semi Pro
15 Semi Pro is 14 Pro
15 Pro is 14 World Class
and so on.
It really works out more to be like difficulty .5. So Pro this year is really Pro.5

Some cool things;
CPU will allow the ball to bounce. This is pretty monumental. Both in the box and more importantly when the ball is cleared from the CPU D the player it is kicked towards will not just cleanly trap it and start the counter every time. Now he judges the bounce or over plays it and then collects it. A HUGE CHANGE.

The CPU will pass errantly, pass accurately, shoot wildly, shoot deadly, tackle strong, slide tackle, kick it out of bounds, kick it up in the air, lose the ball out of bounds, etc

The CPU plays the most human it ever has. So hats off to EA for that.

One example. I was applying pressure as Monaco vs Nantes. It had been in their end for awhile (very un-fifa like) and they finally half heartedly cleared it. Their CM tried to control it and it popped straight up, I ran in to challenge for the aerial "loose" ball and the CM got to it first, but headed it straight up again. I jumped and won the next one and headed it over to one of my players who headed it forward. The CPU intercepted it with another header and then I challenged the ball as it was dropping and was called for a foul.

I have never seen that ever in a FIFA game. Never, never ever. The ball stayed up for at least 6 touches. Never seen that. Never.

The CPU will attack and attack ruthlessly (on Pro)
The CPU will tackle and crumple you to the ground (on Pro)

Saving this and continuing ---

Now for my main five problems with the game:

1. The CPU is faster than you. To everything. While this can be fixed with sliders, FUT may be awful. I am not wasting any of my 6 hours playing FUT so I wont know until I get the full game.

But I am thinking with the right sliders we will have a very nice game this year. CPU will attack and that to me was really the most major flaw in previous fifa's (as a single player gameplay player)

2. The controller feels weird. It didn't feel like this in previous FIFAs or the Demo. It feels sluggish. this is all just my experience so far, you may see different. But to me what I do on the controller and what happens on the screen aren't in sync a lot. Like I hit sprint and it takes just a half second to sprint. I hit pass and it takes a half second to pass. This might not sound like much but this game is very much timing based. If the timing is at all sluggish or offset this becomes problematic. One thing that worked on the demo and previous was you could hold LB to slow dribble and hit A while still holding LB and pass the ball.
Now at least half the time in 15 if I hold LB and hit A to pass nothing happens or it happens like a second later. So I get a lovely animation of my player swinging his leg and missing as the CPU races off with the ball.

This isn't something I will "get better at". I feel like this could be addressed and fixed with the day one patch.

3. My players being weak. Knocked off the ball, fall down, touch each other on a corner kick, fall down. Run into the CPU defender, fall down. Over and over again. The worst thing may be this though. 3 times as Di Maria, and can we all admit Di Maria is pretty much class? Well, 3 times with him I was dribbling and made a move and the ball sort of caught up in his feet and he went into this tripping catching your balance animation and of course just lost control of the ball and the CPU said thanks and went the other direction.
I wasnt doing anything weird on the controller or anything. He just decided to have 2 left feet.
What is this? and why does it happen? and why does it happen to my player only?

4. Shooting. Shooting is an untamed beast. This too is supposed to be patched day 1. So far I am not really a fan of the shooting. It's different than the demo. On Semi pro vs werder I honestly had about 5 break aways and 3 1-1 situations and 4 sitters and didnt convert any of them.
The weight and the power of the shot often being uncontrollable despite your button press and direction held feeling spot on is similar to how the controller just feels wonky controlling your player during the normal run of play.
I mean I get now what the CPU is saying, they aren't suggesting semi pro because I dont know what I am doing. They suggest semi pro because I have 19 shots and 2 on target.

5. The RS pick your target system is broken. I used it about 18 times on corners and FK's. of those times 1 time it went right to the player I chose, twice it went sort of near the player I chose and 15 times it went nowhere near. Now it's ok if it is a little inaccurate sometimes. But look, if I pick a target at the top of the box on a CK and then power it up right and the player at the top makes no run why would the ball go right to the keeper? Uh...no. Wrong.

I won a FK deep in my end when the CPU went offside. My keeper takes the kick. I choose a guy on the left sideline up the pitch. My Keeper kicks it into the center of the pitch. What? No. WRONG.

Every one of the next 13 examples would read just like these. Pick a target and then your player goes daft and hoofs it to the completely wrong location. What is the point of this?

# 53 nunogomes @ 09/19/14 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
This is a bit disconcerting and hopefully EA can address before release w/ a patch! I never had this issue with FIFA 14 on ps4.
What the user meant is that itīs not possible to save multiple sliders, meaning that if you change sliders for a quick game with a friend, it will also save those sliders for your current in progress career mode for example.

So, like Fifa 14 and all other before, as soon as you change sliders, it changes for ALL game modes, and all game mode saves.

# 54 brunnoce @ 09/19/14 10:23 AM
Guys, I just created a new account to play another 6 hours, but how do i access my career mode save game?

When i logged in the game with the new accont there wasnt any career mode saves, only the option to start a new one, i tried swicthing back to my main profile but the game kicks me out...

# 55 Seahawk76 @ 09/19/14 11:00 AM
Here are a few observations compared to FIFA 14:

-the game feels smoother and more fluid
-I'm seeing a LOT more fouls called including yellow and even red cards
-the jostling is improved
-easier to control the ball in tight spaces and under heavy pressure
-easier to beat defenders off the dribble
-defenders still seem to win most 50/50 balls on crosses
-CPU still aggressively attacks most of the time on offense without much buildup
-the grading system on Be A Pro is much better. It was all but broken last year.

i've been playing on Pro difficulty which I'm finding to be a very good challenge for my level of ability. I'm loving the game so far and hate the fact that I have to pace myself until Tuesday because of the six hour limit.

# 56 redskinst21 @ 09/19/14 11:17 AM
Fired up the game and right into career mode i go cause of the stupid time limit. off to milan we go and after we set up all the scouts i can into team management and start to set my lineup and i notice that theres no torres, boneventura and no van ginkel while cristante is still on the roster so know i have to restart and put those guys on the team manually, so much for using this career mode as a carry over cause the roster are way outdated (which is crap).

off to my first league fixture against lazio we go. 5 min half on world class.
game ends in a 3-3 draw with 2 goals from honda one on a sick curved free kick. next game we lose to parma, then beat juve 1-0 and get smoked by empoli 2-0.

my impressions after playing these games is im not sure how i like the ball physics and the player movement this year. its more realistic in a sense that you cant just sprint buy players anymore but at the same time it all feels kinda wonky. there fees like there is no momentum carrying a player at all, the ball physics feel kinda weird also when a ball defelects off someone it dosent look natural, the GK never catch the ball everything is deflected, making for alot of rebound goals. im thinking that messing with the sliders can fix a few nagging problems and me learning how to play the game the right way will help to, no more darting down the lines with a fast winger and getting into the box anymore.

anyone looking for major career mode changes will be a little disappointed. theres some very minor under the hood changes but nothing ground breaking. i disabled the first summer window so im not sure how transfers go, i will get to that tonight hopefully before my six hours run out. im a major career mode nut so even tho there are not major changes its still a deep enough mode to keep you invested for months upon months if your into it.

there is a ton to love about the game in general from the new team management to the total control you get in all dead ball situations there just to much to like. once i get better and adjust sliders and get used to the new movement this very well may be the best fifa yet...oooo almost forgot to mention the crowd is Phenomenal

# 57 nunogomes @ 09/19/14 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
Guys, I just created a new account to play another 6 hours, but how do i access my career mode save game?

When i logged in the game with the new accont there wasnt any career mode saves, only the option to start a new one, i tried swicthing back to my main profile but the game kicks me out...
CīMON MAN!!

Your saves are tied to your profile. New account, new user, new profile - no saves!

# 58 brunnoce @ 09/19/14 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
CīMON MAN!!

Your saves are tied to your profile. New account, new user, new profile - no saves!
But i saw plp saying it was possible to continue the career mode wwith diferent profile for the extra 6h on NHL and Madden....

# 59 nunogomes @ 09/19/14 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunnoce
But i saw plp saying it was possible to continue the career mode wwith diferent profile for the extra 6h on NHL and Madden....
Never managed to do that in Fifa. If i play on another profile, all my saves disappear...

# 60 fearwhatnow @ 09/19/14 11:42 AM
Everything sounds good except this -> No build-up play by cpu. This is again a huge flaw for us offline gamers. No build-up means this is not sim football. Will you ever play NBA2k without cpu plays? Nope. Will you ever play NBA2k with the cpu constantly attacking the rim? Nope.
Yes, the game is fun (judging from the demo here) but I want a sim experience.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.