Home
FIFA 15 News Post

Early access to FIFA 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers with a six hour gameplay limit.

As most of you are already aware, this includes time spent in the menus as well. So make sure you close out of the game and the app to be sure the timer stops.

Play a few matches and post your impressions.

Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BL8001 @ 09/20/14 06:27 PM
I have been playing the 360 version more because of it being untimed so take this with a grain of salt...

#1 I feel both 360 and the one versions play very similar. The one is superior in fluidity and animation count of course.

#2 because the 360 is untimed I just spent a whole match RS'ing all over the place as an experiment. The results were spectacular. When I say RS everywhere I mean it. Defense, midfield, attack, all over the place. Even if it is just a ball roll. What it does quite simply is change angles. And when you change angles boy does the CPU hate it.

Say you have the ball as the CB and want to pass out to the RM or over to the RB. Well this year, the CPU just loves to press all over the pitch. So they hedge the passing lanes they know exist. This game is programmed like every video game. So you see the CPU playing to intercept your pass to the RM. Just ball roll to "change" the passing lane and enjoy freely connecting your pass with less cpu harassment.
If I was to pass to the right side I would just ball roll right and create the new lane.

I started creating so many new lanes all over the pitch the CPU lost its mind. They had no idea where the ball was going to be.

Now, this may not work on NG as I have only done it on 360. But all the other game coding has felt very similar to the NG version so I don't see why it won't.

# 102 Resurrection403 @ 09/20/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
I thought I would post a video to give people an idea of the changes to career mode. Apologies for the audio, not really sure why it's low during the in-game footage.. Hope you enjoy.

thanks for the vid!

just a tid bit about the goals set by the board: if you put in a crappier starting 11 before the board makes it decision on what to have for a goal, they will alter it. so if you put in all your reserves and youth in starting 11 (not even subs) you will be given an easier goal. i agree and cant believe htey wanted you to finish in a champions league spot lol

# 103 ezio @ 09/20/14 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I was watching the Villa/Arsenal game earlier today, and I actually noticed how much the pitch getting beat up looked like the FIFA 15 demo with streaks and divots. Never really noticed it in real life before.
I should have elaborated on that What I mean is as the game wears on and it gets beat up it seems to slow the ball down quite a bit unless that is players getting tired but the ball seemed to move slower in the 2nd half.

# 104 mfp @ 09/20/14 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I should have elaborated on that What I mean is as the game wears on and it gets beat up it seems to slow the ball down quite a bit unless that is players getting tired but the ball seemed to move slower in the 2nd half.
Devs confirmed that pitch wear will have no effect on gameplay; it's purely cosmetic.

# 105 kashik @ 09/20/14 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I was watching the Villa/Arsenal game earlier today, and I actually noticed how much the pitch getting beat up looked like the FIFA 15 demo with streaks and divots. Never really noticed it in real life before.
I hope they turned it down in the retail release. In the demo the wear that the field took was ridiculous. If that happened in real life, the field would be unplayable by pro standards after a few weeks.

# 106 ezio @ 09/20/14 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Devs confirmed that pitch wear will have no effect on gameplay; it's purely cosmetic.
Then it must be me

# 107 speedtrucker @ 09/20/14 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
I hope they turned it down in the retail release. In the demo the wear that the field took was ridiculous. If that happened in real life, the field would be unplayable by pro standards after a few weeks.

Umm that's why they water the field at half, treat divots and such because real pitches do get destroyed. Look at the difference between the big teams vs those that struggle with relegation yearly. The box is nearly dirt/ mud by the winter transfer window. The heavy wear places look like rubbish as well. That's why grounds keeping crews are miracle workers for teams and others have stadiums that teams hate traveling to, especially in leagues where the have-nots are financially in debt.

Not to mention the game doesn't even have the huge chunks of divots that get torn out when someone slips while hard planting.

I think FIFA has done the field degradation closer to the real thing more than any other game.

# 108 speedtrucker @ 09/20/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Then it must be me

It's the fatigue, everything slows down. So the players don't make as strong of passes unless you are playing full manual

# 109 Gnemi @ 09/20/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I have been playing the 360 version more because of it being untimed so take this with a grain of salt...

#1 I feel both 360 and the one versions play very similar. The one is superior in fluidity and animation count of course.

#2 because the 360 is untimed I just spent a whole match RS'ing all over the place as an experiment. The results were spectacular. When I say RS everywhere I mean it. Defense, midfield, attack, all over the place. Even if it is just a ball roll. What it does quite simply is change angles. And when you change angles boy does the CPU hate it.

Say you have the ball as the CB and want to pass out to the RM or over to the RB. Well this year, the CPU just loves to press all over the pitch. So they hedge the passing lanes they know exist. This game is programmed like every video game. So you see the CPU playing to intercept your pass to the RM. Just ball roll to "change" the passing lane and enjoy freely connecting your pass with less cpu harassment.

I never use the right stick.

I better start? Every time I have used that in the past, I feel like my players just end up doing something that leads to being dispossessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 110 BL8001 @ 09/20/14 11:43 PM
Start slow with simple ball roll moves. Just holding the r stick 90 degrees to your player direction, left or right.

Here is a list of 1-4 star moves from 14

Edit, will there will be a list of moves once this site becomes more friendly to my iPad. That TMobil add wrecks the page justification so that the whole website is pushed far to the right in the browser. I have to hit referesh about 18 times to get it to cycle to the next ad and then it loads fine.

Now it just times out when I try to upload a photo. As soon as it works I will include it here.

It may be ios8 that is causing the image upload problem. All I know is it used to work and now it just times out.

# 111 BL8001 @ 09/21/14 12:33 AM
YES!

R stick knock ons are back!

# 112 Benja190782 @ 09/21/14 03:29 AM
Does the CPU still take a short corner-kick almost every time? Like in the Demo?

What about the shooting - is it better or worse than the Demo?
EDIT: Oh and is the fatigue more realistic than FIFA 14?

# 113 ezio @ 09/21/14 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
It's the fatigue, everything slows down. So the players don't make as strong of passes unless you are playing full manual
Good to know. Thanks.

# 114 seegoblu @ 09/21/14 08:16 AM
2 CM questions

1. Have they fixed the 1/99 end of year budget glitch

2. Have they fixed the free transfer glitch (edit player post acquisition)

Ty

# 115 electrickeeper @ 09/21/14 10:39 AM
Anyone else having issues with no commentary in any mode (x1)?

# 116 carnattitan @ 09/21/14 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrickeeper
Anyone else having issues with no commentary in any mode (x1)?
I had the same problem when I started playing; I could hear the game sounds but had no commentary. Turns out my xone was setup has 5.1 stereo (I think?), which I don't have. Changed the setting in the dashboard and now it works great.

# 117 cepwin @ 09/21/14 04:56 PM
I agree about adding time if you pre-order. I have the ultimate version pre-ordered and it's very frustrating to see all the xbox people playing on twitch and as a PS4 player (which , from what I understand is the preferred console in Europe...the key market for FIFA) don't have the opportunity to do so (basically we're limited to the demo and the web app where you can't do too much (no points, one of my extra packs included are yet available.) EA and Sony need to remedy this situation for next year! BTW, I was talking to the Gamestop manager and they had *more* pre-orders for FIFA than for Madden (I'm in Northern VA....Washington Redskin's country.)

# 118 speedtrucker @ 09/21/14 06:34 PM
^not really the right thread for this...

Sony had the opportunity to offer EA Access.

# 119 twigg @ 09/22/14 10:01 AM
I have two questions I could really use some help with.

1). How do I use a player's strength to win headers/win loose balls? I see the cpu do it all the time but even with stronger players I feel like am I just getting shoved around.

2). How much is your current speed and direction impact your aim on manual? I've been trying to play all manual in the demo because I hear that once you get over the learning curve it offers a big tactical advantage but both my shots and passes are horribly misplaced. I am generally aiming at where I want the ball but most of the time it seems to go off. Am I missing something fundamental or is it just something I have to practice to get decent with. Is manual on fifa 15 better/more usable then previous games?

Sorry about the long questions but I've been playing a ton of the demo and it's been annoying me lately. Thanks for any help you guys can give!

# 120 zonadrk @ 09/22/14 10:56 AM
Why are the players stick figures? Most if not all seem to be WAY TOO skinny. Just my opinion, though

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.