Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K has just announced NBA2K TV, exclusively for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the video with sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita and cover athlete Kevin Durant and leave your thoughts.

Read the full press release below.

2K today introduced NBA2K TV, an innovative, player-focused, in-game broadcast program coming to the next-generation and PC versions of NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Hosted by sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita, NBA2K TV will be the source for NBA 2K community news by delivering compelling game-related programming and giving dedicated NBA 2K players a voice in the content of each show.

NBA 2KTV’s on-demand show format will also showcase content from the most popular gameplay features dictated by fans of NBA 2K15. Viewers can expect to see interviews with the game’s development team, gameplay highlights, game related events, basketball culture, NBA player interviews, basketball lifestyle and more.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 King_B_Mack @ 09/19/14 05:33 PM
I'm telling y'all, this year is feeling 2K11 special. Now if only #ourtimewouldcome on getting this MyCareer/gameplay/online info.

# 82 actuallybrown @ 09/19/14 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canquain
#1 most played mode
By you and your crew. A ton of people have played the MyPlayer/MyCareer mode over the years; that's why they keep bringing it back.

Look, some people like competition and bragging rights. Others want to play a game that's like an RPG, but still takes competitive skill. We're not all alike, so stop pooping on other modes in favor of Crew. I hope, for your sake, they have something worthwhile for you in the New-Gen versions, but besides that, man, you can likely find something to satiate your hoops gaming appetite.

I'm sure of it.

# 83 Equinox831 @ 09/19/14 06:18 PM
Alright, since what I originally wrote was apparently off-topic, I'll try this again.

Looks really good, I'm happy that they added something like this. I would say something about solid casting choice for host, but that apparently is off-topic so never mind. 2K is really stepping it up this year and we can all appreciate that.

Where's the MyCareer info?! I'm starting to buy into the hype a little bit so I'm itching for it.

# 84 snocone @ 09/19/14 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
Alright, since what I originally wrote was apparently off-topic, I'll try this again.

Looks really good, I'm happy that they added something like this. I would say something about solid casting choice for host, but that apparently is off-topic so never mind. 2K is really stepping it up this year and we can all appreciate that.

Where's the MyCareer info?! I'm starting to buy into the hype a little bit so I'm itching for it.
I think they said next week in some thread

# 85 City_foxx @ 09/19/14 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
By you and your crew. A ton of people have played the MyPlayer/MyCareer mode over the years; that's why they keep bringing it back.

Look, some people like competition and bragging rights. Others want to play a game that's like an RPG, but still takes competitive skill. We're not all alike, so stop pooping on other modes in favor of Crew. I hope, for your sake, they have something worthwhile for you in the New-Gen versions, but besides that, man, you can likely find something to satiate your hoops gaming appetite.

I'm sure of it.
I also enjoy the rpg aspect of my career despite its fair share of problems's (prolly not the right hread to get into that) i hope the franchise embraces the rpg'ish ness. (Not a word?)adding more prestigious items and skills that can only be earned by playing to be displayed as a badge of honer at the park. 6 rings unlock jordand leg sleve. Win a championship you get a team hat that says champs? Lead the leage in rebounding 3 years in a row unlock rodman style crasy hair colored patterens. Even tats. Signature moves? Surpass kareems all time scoring record unlock the sky hook?....im ranting i think.The main point i wanted to make about mycareer being #1 played mode, i believe the date they are basing it off of is missleading. Sinch 2k 10 many modes were sub modes of my career and requider some grinding just to be competitive,park crew blacktop. Ive seeen countless 99overall 'bench warmers' at the park. Also to me the teamup modes are about the competitiveness nessacerly if i wanted that id go play vs. Its about your teamates teaching them real bball learning thier tendecys gaining thier trust. Running plays with all 5 guys reacting to the defense at the same time is beatiful. Doing it for 4 quarters is poetic. And ive never quite experienced the moment you feel after battling with your 4 guys for 40 mins so that they can run a play for you with 12 secs left in a tied game.Nothing else compares to goinging thru such climactic moment with 4 other guys youve played with for years.=)

# 86 whoahello @ 09/19/14 07:41 PM
meh.. i dont know about this.

# 87 Sinner @ 09/19/14 08:11 PM
Will be interesting to see it, not sure how much I'll actually check it out but giving more do to in your game is always a good thing. I agree that this has that 2k11 feel with such a big jump from one year to the next. I'm off Oct 10 and 13 so have a real long weekend. Will have plenty of time to try everything they are offering and I can't wait.

# 88 YoungBuck3 @ 09/19/14 10:05 PM
Sounds really interesting, won't make or break the game to me if it's a bit of a flop, but certainly has potential.

Damn that video with KD about it awkward as hell though.

# 89 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/19/14 11:14 PM
Ideally, user generated highlights will be a main part of this.

Any ideas what actual content will be on?

# 90 swac07 @ 09/19/14 11:38 PM
Once again 2k......

Dope!!!!!

# 91 Leftos @ 09/20/14 01:02 AM
Guys, seriously, enough with the innuendos. You're making this a horrible thread.

# 92 JBulls @ 09/20/14 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadley
They don't have the rights to show real NBA footage, no way.
I doubt it would be hard to extend their license to be able to include NBA footage, it's not even a stretch.

# 93 sniapeko @ 09/20/14 06:06 AM
In b4 "can't load NBA2K TV, servers down."

I don't want to be a dick, but as a Xbox360 user, it is outrageous to me that they spend all this time and resources to develop such gimmicks but they don't give half a s*it at last gen users...
I mean for 2K14 not even one patch came out despite the game desperately needed something to fix the many bugs it had. And also the lazy roster updates. BTW Chandler Parsons still has the same wrong cyberface.
But we pay the full price for the game too, only to get slapped in the face over and over again.
I know that 2k15 will be the same cause the trend nowadays is Get a next gen console or shut the F up! We don't care about you anymore! But please give me your 60$ for the same game as last year!

Also it would be nice to get an answer from an actual 2K guy to address some of this which are real existing problems, I'm not a *****, I'm just stuck with issues I thought a legit gaming company would address

# 94 bballshawn24 @ 09/20/14 09:40 AM
When i seen the girl

# 95 EAGLESFAN10 @ 09/20/14 09:58 AM
Kevin Durant was loving what was on the screen just like me

I like this feature tho

2K going all out this year

# 96 MP.Trey @ 09/20/14 10:41 AM
Chick's smokin'. I had an even bigger smile than KD when I saw her.

# 97 23 @ 09/20/14 10:45 AM
Next poster ignoring Steves request to lay off the subject of the girl is banned

# 98 Pr33mo @ 09/20/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadley
They don't have the rights to show real NBA footage, no way. It will be some boring news and interviews. (Hey PlayerX - Do you play NBA2K?)
Y don't they have rights to show real nba footage? It's licensed by the NBA!! that makes no sense lol they showed footage on 2k14 in NBA TODAY

# 99 luda06 @ 09/20/14 11:18 AM
VC's or 2K's approach to gathering staff appears to prioritize those in the region. I had no idea who the host was until I checked her twitter. There's a trend. Cali, Cali, Cali. If not that, they're going straight to the community (sites like this for example). I like it.

EA, Activision, Microsoft, Sony, etc... Generally large corporations tend to strip out the soul of a property and marginalize everything "good" about it, and try to extract as much of that stuff as possible for increased profit. 2K has straddled that line a bit over the years, but I genuinely think this is a cool addition. I don't know how often I'll be checking this out, but I respect the vision the producers have.

The taint of working under a large corporation hasn't really affected Visual Concepts yet, and I hope it stays that way. I look around, and I see Microsoft's acquisition of Mojang and I'm fearing for the worst in regards to what actually happens with Minecraft. I would have had similar reaction if the host of NBA 2K TV was a household name with no background in basketball. Or maybe just a big name altogether. It would have reeked of being a gimmick feature to increase sales. But, no, Rachel knows her stuff, and 2K clearly has a vision with expanding features outside of just playing the game.

I don't know about you guys, but I play about 2 (or 3) games of 2K a session. Too much competitive play in any game just burns me out, and I have to wind down. It's like when I work out. I'm not running for an hour each day. So, after playing a couple of games, I tend play a puzzle game or Minecraft to wind-down, or hop into MyTeam to purchase packs, change some settings, etc. So, NBA 2K TV is a solid addition, if the content is actually engaging. NBA 2K15 will stay in my console that much longer.

# 100 nddot @ 09/20/14 11:57 AM
Curious to see how this thing will develop along the year. Seems like a nice idea, we'll see i guess.
Rachel knows her basket ball so that a nice addition

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.